Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Fargo

6 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Does a purchased medical upgrade in ME1 apply automatically? I can't see anywhere in the equipment menus to select it. 

A medi-gel increase is applied automatically and something like a medical-exoskeleton is an armour upgrade that you equip.

Ok so I made a big mistake. Firewalker on Insanity. This shitty vehicle can not take any punishment, it’s like a chocolate teapot. Simple Geth ground troops tear through the armor.

Spoiler

Mass Effect 3 feels like a real slog in comparison to the 2nd. I am not sure if I enjoyed it more back in the day due to it being nee, but it has some rough pacing. 

2 hours ago, df0 said:

Ok so I made a big mistake. Firewalker on Insanity. This shitty vehicle can not take any punishment, it’s like a chocolate teapot. Simple Geth ground troops tear through the armor.

You don’t need to Firewalker for troohy/achievements. :) 

Overlord isn't great is it? An multi hour DLC you can't escape from once you start (I did accidentally) involving the only wheel worse than ME1's Mako and I'm really not sure about its treatment of autism.

11 hours ago, Jamie John said:

"Decryption skill too low"

image.png.745b1d59cc31f25e2c395541c148e374.png

Make sure you max Tali's and Garrus' electronics and decryptions skills, and then take one of them with you everywhere you go. 

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Overlord isn't great is it? An multi hour DLC you can't escape from once you start (I did accidentally) involving the only wheel worse than ME1's Mako and I'm really not sure about its treatment of autism.

You have to remember this was a decade ago, when it was "the thing" in movies and the like to paint people with autism as secret geniuses with zero social capability. However, I rather like the DLC as a whole, and it has some of the best music in the game (I love the battled theme).

35 minutes ago, Thor said:

Make sure you max Tali's and Garrus' electronics and decryptions skills, and then take one of them with you everywhere you go. 

Or play as an Infiltrator, do the decrypting yourself and team up with cool party members.

45 minutes ago, Thor said:

You have to remember this was a decade ago, when it was "the thing" in movies and the like to paint people with autism as secret geniuses with zero social capability. However, I rather like the DLC as a whole, and it has some of the best music in the game (I love the battled theme).

It really impressed me that they went out and created a whole theme especially for a DLC pack, with a bunch of variations, from heroic to melancholy.

And then in ME3 they just grabbed the album version of one of the tracks and put it on repeat as a generic battle theme. :( 

18 hours ago, aubergine said:

A medi-gel increase is applied automatically and something like a medical-exoskeleton is an armour upgrade that you equip.

Yep, it was an exoskeleton thingee. Is that not in the equipment section?

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

It’s autism treatment is ‘of the time’ and it was basically an excuse for more ME.

Dont do Firewalker - the horrible vehicle is even worse there 

3 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Yep, it was an exoskeleton thingee. Is that not in the equipment section?

It works the same way that weapon mods etc do, so on the inventory page for armour you iirc press square/x (ps/Xb) on the armour you have equipped and it will allow you to see the upgrades you have in a long list. Better armours later on having more slots for upgrades.

If that makes sense. Find it weirdly awkward to describe.

Playing this on Insanity and having an absolute blast. Difficulty is just right - challenging but not unfair (yet). ME1 does show its age in place but some of the missions and set ups hold up extremely well. Loving it. 

Just completed 2 . Didn't go so well this time around.  

Spoiler

Lost Tali at the door after sending her through the vent - maybe because didn't side with her over the get  or give her the data in 1.  Later lost both Saeed and Mordin for reasons unknown.

42 minutes ago, Jamin said:

Playing this on Insanity and having an absolute blast. Difficulty is just right - challenging but not unfair (yet). ME1 does show its age in place but some of the missions and set ups hold up extremely well. Loving it. 

Playing this on normal and it's not unfair but the restart points are again a joke.  The Mordin rescue mission I killed the initial batch, primed the cure, killed the next batch, killed the NEXT batch, turned on a fan, escaped, killed the next batch, killed the guys on the balcony, killed another batch, killed another bunch of regenerating health bastard on the balcony, and eventually, basically out of ammo, was taken out by a krogan suicide run nearly at the 2nd fan.

It reset me back the best part of 20 minutes to the start of that paragraph so I'm going to end up turning that difficulty down simply because life's too short.

Yeah and I may end up grinding through it doing this but I fear it'll end up like ME1, I'm capable even with my gaming idiocy of playing through it on normal but I'll end up turning it down because I don't want to have to play through it 10 times on normal.

12 hours ago, Jamin said:

I haven't bothered upping the difficulty, just enjoying playing through, was collecting the trophies and then got too far in and realised I had missed 2 :( Now i've finished, do I go back through the first game and grab these or move on ^_^

I upped the difficulty from Veteran to Hardcore last night as now I have a sniper rifle it's become a bit easy, however I landed on the Krogan world last night and then turned off so lets see how I get through that first, I expect I'll have to turn it down again! But yes I save frequently as the checkpoints are shit.

I think I'd be ok with this section if the Krogan's health didn't so much regenerate as pop entirely back into existence in the time it takes me to reload.

Yeah, at that point in the game on insanity (assuming you're not playing a class with natural access to warp/incinerate powers) you need to be using Miranda's warp ability (and/or Mordin's incinerate/getting Jacob to use his ammo power and targetting them with him) as soon as you break through their armour to kill off their regen.

As much as it presents itself as a shooter, ME2 does still have a little bit of purpose to its biotic and tech powers.

Yeah, I'm a Vanguard with Kasumi and Jack, which is often great but Kas can't get up on the balconies to nuke the rocket guys and pull doesn't seem to do a lot up there, so it's empty an entire clip into them and hope.

Yeah, that's a tricky pairing for a krogan- and vorcha-heavy mission. You really need at least one character with incinerate or warp abilities of some kind, both to punch through their armour and to kill off their regeneration.

With all dlc available, ME 2 becomes a pretty sizable game.  I didn't buy all it first time out and I never understood the reference to eliminating the battarians which is uttered in the first few minutes of 3.

Re my ME2 ending

Spoiler

I wonder if I lost Mordin because I never said he did the right thing. With Saeed, given my hard-core bad-ass run, I didn't bother rescuing the folk trapped in the burning refinery but I don't think they were his people.  He should have been OK with his task as squad leader.  Maybe I should have  chosen Miranda.  

The easiest way to guarantee survival is to have your favourites / love interest with you in the final squad selection.