IGNORED

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Fargo

Zaeed is kind of amusing but I only added to him to the squad on his loyalty mission. Shame there’s no ship based character dialogue for the 2 dlc additions to the squad.

Kasumi has been the big revelation for me this time around as she was the only dlc I didn’t have first time around on the 360.

She’s both very cool, really useful and has an excellent loyalty mission. Basically she’s been glued to my side since I picked her up. Christ knows why she’s dlc but Jacob was a main character.

Miranda normally fills the other slot for warp, but I’d rather have Garrus or Jack with me on a character level (luckily my beloved Liara largely sits ME2 out so no need to choose there).

Zaeed's incendiary grenade is bonkers! Try it after his loyalty

So in ME3 is there a "good" time to Omega and Leviathan? I'm assuming Citadel you do pretty much last (never done any of the DLC)

Annoyingly the pyromaniac trophy doesn't seem to work off squad powers - but the overload one does :facepalm:

1 hour ago, dreamylittledream said:

Kasumi has been the big revelation for me this time around as she was the only dlc I didn’t have first time around on the 360.

It's been so long I was a good hour past recruiting her before thinking "Wait, I don't know you".

3 hours ago, Thor said:

What the fuck have they done to Illium? There's smoke everywhere which looks really stupid, and on PS5 at least it tanks the framerate.

I think there’s a lot of bugs in general.

I’ve been keeping recordings of them when they turn up.

Had this weird frame rate bug after a big mission.

10 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I think there’s a lot of bugs in general.

I’ve been keeping recordings of them when they turn up.

Had this weird frame rate bug after a big mission.

I've experienced framerate drops in that room too.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to turn this on and play it. I'm still on ME1. I've recruited Liara now and am up to Ferros, but I'm about 8 hours in and it's all a bit of a slog. The combat is objectively crap, and though I've knocked it down to Casual to just get through it, that's not enough to stop it from being irritating. And while I find the lore stuff quite interesting, the complete lack of nuance in the narrative choices you make does feel very dated now. I've also long since abandoned doing the side missions, or anything else that involves using the Mako.

Would I be missing much if I just went straight into ME2?

Not that you haven't already decided to miss by not playing the game, the choices on the main path can be covered by the interactive ME2 comic but there's plenty on the side missions including the introduction of the main conceit of ME2's story.

I don't think you'll find ME2 a lot different to ME1 if those are your thoughts tbh, minus the mako which yes, you can get away with driving direct to objective in ME1 and miss little.

20 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

She’s both very cool, really useful and has an excellent loyalty mission. Basically she’s been glued to my side since I picked her up. Christ knows why she’s dlc but Jacob was a main character.

If I had to cut three characters from the game, Kasumi is definitely the first to go. Second is Thane, third is Zaeed (and I like Zaeed). None of em fit in the grand scheme of things: silly love story, silly sad story, silly revenge story. As much as I dislike Garrus he has a place due to C-Sec. Samara because of being a Asari (and replacement for Liara), Jacob and Miranda because of Cerberus, Grunt and Mordin because of the genophage.

Each to their own of course :) 

14 minutes ago, df0 said:

If I had to cut three characters from the game, Kasumi is definitely the first to go. Second is Thane, third is Zaeed (and I like Zaeed). None of em fit in the grand scheme of things: silly love story, silly sad story, silly revenge story. As much as I dislike Garrus he has a place due to C-Sec. Samara because of being a Asari (and replacement for Liara), Jacob and Miranda because of Cerberus, Grunt and Mordin because of the genophage.

Each to their own of course :) 

This alone invalidates your opinion, now and forever.

I might be the only person who missed ambling around barren planets in the mako in the sequels. Obv very much filler, but with the soundtrack playing and the occasional identikit warehouse full of mercs to slaughter I found it a quite nice and chilled out way to break up the story missions.

38 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to turn this on and play it. I'm still on ME1. I've recruited Liara now and am up to Ferros, but I'm about 8 hours in and it's all a bit of a slog. The combat is objectively crap, and though I've knocked it down to Casual to just get through it, that's not enough to stop it from being irritating. And while I find the lore stuff quite interesting, the complete lack of nuance in the narrative choices you make does feel very dated now. I've also long since abandoned doing the side missions, or anything else that involves using the Mako.

Would I be missing much if I just went straight into ME2?

I think all the major decisions are covered by the interactive comic thingy and there is a big jump between ME1 and 2 in terms of combat etc (and most importantly no loot to manage) so I reckon it’s worth it. The morality stuff continues but in a slightly changed form, which is still quite rubbish but does introduce some pretty satisfying interrupt options in some dialogues. There are some bits and bobs that pop up in 2 and 3 that relate to side stories in 1, but they’re mostly just minor callbacks.

I would recommend not being a pure biotic though, as they were nerfed to fuck in 2 and can be a bit frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Does a purchased medical upgrade in ME1 apply automatically? I can't see anywhere in the equipment menus to select it. 

A medi-gel increase is applied automatically and something like a medical-exoskeleton is an armour upgrade that you equip.

Ok so I made a big mistake. Firewalker on Insanity. This shitty vehicle can not take any punishment, it’s like a chocolate teapot. Simple Geth ground troops tear through the armor.

2 hours ago, df0 said:

Ok so I made a big mistake. Firewalker on Insanity. This shitty vehicle can not take any punishment, it’s like a chocolate teapot. Simple Geth ground troops tear through the armor.

You don’t need to Firewalker for troohy/achievements. :) 

Overlord isn't great is it? An multi hour DLC you can't escape from once you start (I did accidentally) involving the only wheel worse than ME1's Mako and I'm really not sure about its treatment of autism.

11 hours ago, Jamie John said:

"Decryption skill too low"

image.png.745b1d59cc31f25e2c395541c148e374.png

Make sure you max Tali's and Garrus' electronics and decryptions skills, and then take one of them with you everywhere you go. 

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Overlord isn't great is it? An multi hour DLC you can't escape from once you start (I did accidentally) involving the only wheel worse than ME1's Mako and I'm really not sure about its treatment of autism.

You have to remember this was a decade ago, when it was "the thing" in movies and the like to paint people with autism as secret geniuses with zero social capability. However, I rather like the DLC as a whole, and it has some of the best music in the game (I love the battled theme).

35 minutes ago, Thor said:

Make sure you max Tali's and Garrus' electronics and decryptions skills, and then take one of them with you everywhere you go. 

Or play as an Infiltrator, do the decrypting yourself and team up with cool party members.

45 minutes ago, Thor said:

You have to remember this was a decade ago, when it was "the thing" in movies and the like to paint people with autism as secret geniuses with zero social capability. However, I rather like the DLC as a whole, and it has some of the best music in the game (I love the battled theme).

It really impressed me that they went out and created a whole theme especially for a DLC pack, with a bunch of variations, from heroic to melancholy.

And then in ME3 they just grabbed the album version of one of the tracks and put it on repeat as a generic battle theme. :( 

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

It’s autism treatment is ‘of the time’ and it was basically an excuse for more ME.

Dont do Firewalker - the horrible vehicle is even worse there 

3 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Yep, it was an exoskeleton thingee. Is that not in the equipment section?

It works the same way that weapon mods etc do, so on the inventory page for armour you iirc press square/x (ps/Xb) on the armour you have equipped and it will allow you to see the upgrades you have in a long list. Better armours later on having more slots for upgrades.

If that makes sense. Find it weirdly awkward to describe.

Playing this on Insanity and having an absolute blast. Difficulty is just right - challenging but not unfair (yet). ME1 does show its age in place but some of the missions and set ups hold up extremely well. Loving it. 

Just completed 2 . Didn't go so well this time around.  

Spoiler

Lost Tali at the door after sending her through the vent - maybe because didn't side with her over the get  or give her the data in 1.  Later lost both Saeed and Mordin for reasons unknown.

42 minutes ago, Jamin said:

Playing this on Insanity and having an absolute blast. Difficulty is just right - challenging but not unfair (yet). ME1 does show its age in place but some of the missions and set ups hold up extremely well. Loving it. 

Playing this on normal and it's not unfair but the restart points are again a joke.  The Mordin rescue mission I killed the initial batch, primed the cure, killed the next batch, killed the NEXT batch, turned on a fan, escaped, killed the next batch, killed the guys on the balcony, killed another batch, killed another bunch of regenerating health bastard on the balcony, and eventually, basically out of ammo, was taken out by a krogan suicide run nearly at the 2nd fan.

It reset me back the best part of 20 minutes to the start of that paragraph so I'm going to end up turning that difficulty down simply because life's too short.

Yeah and I may end up grinding through it doing this but I fear it'll end up like ME1, I'm capable even with my gaming idiocy of playing through it on normal but I'll end up turning it down because I don't want to have to play through it 10 times on normal.