Analogue Duo - Complete with CD-ROM!

5 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I emailed Analogue support who said they'd "Pass it on to their developers" which I doubt I believe but...

To be fair they tend to build a list of reported games and do fix issues between updates. Seen lots that people have requested then you get a sudden bump in compatibility on the next update. So always worth mentioning as not everyone bothers to report stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Not in trading yet?

Also, paying over one thousand pounds for a Cyclone V FPGA system is just unbelievable. 

I think it’s a little bit more than that.

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Not in trading yet?

Also, paying over one thousand pounds for a Cyclone V FPGA system is just unbelievable. 

Nope, just ordered a Disk System for it as well :hat: The grip on the contacts is perfect, they just slot right in and doesn't feel like I'm about to break through the plastic everytime I swap a cart out. Beyond the expense this is everything I've wanted from a clone system, its fantastic and even better with the hacks. Have been playing the Zelda 2 upgrade with proper translation, bug fixes and all sorts of goodies recently.

4 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Nope, just ordered a Disk System for it as well :hat: The grip on the contacts is perfect, they just slot right in and doesn't feel like I'm about to break through the plastic everytime I swap a cart out. Beyond the expense this is everything I've wanted from a clone system, its fantastic and even better with the hacks. Have been playing the Zelda 2 upgrade with proper translation, bug fixes and all sorts of goodies recently.

but it’s just plastic and metal !

unbelievable 

6 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

A PS5 is £450 if you don’t use a scalper, about the price of this too, if you don’t use a scalper. 

Don't think you have any choice but to use scalpers at the mo? I don't think the price for the NT Mini wll ever drop, the last model clears over a grand a time especially if its in the UK or Europe. I kept an eye on those for ages until I realised the new one was about to come out so took the plunge on a preorder. That's had the niggles of the first removed so better one to grab all round.

8 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Don't think you have any choice but to use scalpers at the mo? I don't think the price for the NT Mini wll ever drop, the last model clears over a grand a time especially if its in the UK or Europe. I kept an eye on those for ages until I realised the new one was about to come out so took the plunge on a preorder. That's had the niggles of the first removed so better one to grab all round.

You do have a choice, you just wait and do not pay the scalper price.

9 minutes ago, Sumire said:

You do have a choice, you just wait and do not pay the scalper price.

They only did a limited one off run for the V2 and those sold out instantly and they've said its the last. The older models sold out the same way and have been these sort of prices for a couple of years. High demand but few available so pay or don't get one.

3 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

They only did a limited one off run for the V2 and those sold out instantly and they've said its the last. The older models sold out the same way and have been these sort of prices for a couple of years. High demand but few available so pay or don't get one.

I meant the PS5 situation in regards to the scalper price. The console you bought, well both versions seem to be geared towards a collector/enthusiast market.

31 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

It was a joke...

Sorry, hard to tell these days what a joke is as the definition of "joke" seems have become pretty diluted over time.

Funny thing is I spent over £700 on crappy clones and a HDMI NES trying to find a decent system. None of them have done the job as well as this. Might not like the prices but Analogue do great hardware for the most part.

• 1 month later...