Analogue Duo - Complete with CD-ROM!

6 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Not sure where you got £430 and £50 from- it was $499 for the console and $49.99 shipping here, which works out to approximately £405 today. Factoring VAT into that gives a figure of £81, plus whatever fee FedEx wants to charge on top (£12, it seems).

sorry you are correct, £430 is the estimated cost and shipping, the vat is a little high

the customers owe VAT on shipping and purchase price, no more

If FedEx have overpaid, then that's on them. Offer to pay them what you actually owe, and thats it. 

Ask for an invoice for the correct amount, and pat that.

3 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

If you try and buy one on eBay it tries to charge £400 for customs fees (you can click Buy It Now and see the right total on the checkout page, doesn't buy it so don't panic if you want to test!). I paid £850 for my Preorder in the UK on eBay which included free shipping... but these new prices :lol:

Wait... you paid £850 for a nt noir through an eBay seller?

So, FedEx, the same company that accepted money to deliver these packages, sees that they're marked as £0 in the customs check and just guesses a ridiculously high price instead of looking up the parcel reference to see what Analogue paid?

Really earning that £12 handling fee, there.

It's really just hearsay at this stage. I'm rather interested in knowing how FedEx justify it though, as it only appears to be affecting buyers in the UK. Suspect we'll end up with FedEx blaming Analogue or vice versa, if Analogue can be bothered to even acknowledge it.

48 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Yes because the RetroUSB AVS was so bad :lol:

That's an absolutely insane price to be paying. Am I missing something here?

$499 + $50 shipping = £404.95. If you were to be then getting hit for this £200 on top, that's about £605. 

I mean you are entitled to your opinion and feel free to drink deep, but the AVS is the best FPGA NES option available on the market. 

Can I have some money?

7 minutes ago, ulala said:

I thought you loved that machine on the forum?

No not at the end. I really liked it at first until I spent more time using the awful cartridge slot. It gripped things like a vice and would make cartridges creak/crack when trying to pull them out. I spent months leaving games in, switching them out carefully once a week to ease off the tension but it was like that for a year. I thought I had a bad one until I started doing some looking online when I went down to a retro shop earlier this year they let me try theirs and it had similar probs. Was told "it will ease over time. It won't :lol: I play the stuff I collect so don't want a single system breaking what I own, some of these carts are worth a tidy sum.

19 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Someone from the Classic Gaming Discord has confirmed with FedEx that Analogue have screwed up and not declared freight costs. Just got my shipping e-mail as well. :lol:

What does that mean? The £200 is legit?

56 minutes ago, Goemon said:

What does that mean? The £200 is legit?

of course it’s not. They don’t get to charge you whatever they like.

and it’s not owed to them, but the U.K. HM Revenue and Customs. Panay FedEx what you actually owe, minus their charge (you had no contract with them).

1 minute ago, ulala said:

of course it’s not. They don’t get to charge you whatever they like.

and it’s not owed to them, but the U.K. HM Revenue and Customs. Panay FedEx what you actually owe, minus their charge (you had no contract with them).

Don't they hold onto the delivery until its paid?

35 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

In my previous import experience, UPS used to ask for money at the door, FedEx used to invoice. I've told the latter to shove it a good few times.

What happened there? They usually threaten you with a debt collector if you don't pay up. (My workplace isn't great at passing on letters...)

The last time this happened was years and years ago, I was importing assorted Wii stuff from HK, like component cables, and all that and FedEx invoiced me for VAT + the fee.

I paid the VAT, but told them the fee wasn't something I'd pay, they sent a few letters but I ignored them. 

If they sent debt collectors after me then it's had no impact on my ability to get loans or anything like that as I've since got loans, mortgages, credit cards and all that stuff.

I dunno if I'd chance just not paying now, but I'd still politely refuse and work my way though customer support levels until the problem got to someone who'd make the fee go away.

10 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

The last time this happened was years and years ago, I was importing assorted Wii stuff from HK, like component cables, and all that and FedEx invoiced me for VAT + the fee.

I paid the VAT, but told them the fee wasn't something I'd pay, they sent a few letters but I ignored them. 

If they sent debt collectors after me then it's had no impact on my ability to get loans or anything like that as I've since got loans, mortgages, credit cards and all that stuff.

I dunno if I'd chance just not paying now, but I'd still politely refuse and work my way though customer support levels until the problem got to someone who'd make the fee go away.

It's not like that anymore, all of this is automatically forwarded onto debt collectors pretty quickly. They don't care about the issue or details behind it as they are responsible for just the amount owed. They will hound people down until an agreement is reached or payment made.

29 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yep, it's entirely legit it seems but you wouldn't know unless you did a full research into international politics before ordering a console.

Good thing no-one had a meltdown about it.

What's curious is that Analogue are citing the tariff while FedEx aren't mentioning it at all and are consistently saying it's because Analogue failed to declare shipping costs. Analogue themselves have been evasive about providing original invoices and are only providing amended copies under duress. Meanwhile, a scanned copy of someone's invoice has shown a $0 declared shipping cost, confirming what FedEx are saying.

All a bit of a mess really.