IGNORED

Millie and Molly - my new game coming to Switch

carleton

On 01/11/2020 at 12:23, dose said:

Finished this this morning. Really enjoyed it, it's a charming game with some real headscratching puzzles.

Cheers and well done, it can be tricky in places for sure.

With predictably abysmal sales on mobile I've reduced this to 99p. I was hoping to capture the spirit of Mastertronic with an audacious pricing policy but it hasn't worked. Thanks for those who did buy it at full whack.

Bit of a weird thing, I'm having some input problems. In game the mouse works fine to click to where you need to go, but if I try to use the pad or the keyboard sometimes it just flat out won't move, either on the menus or in game. Also I can't back out of anything (unless the escape button doesn't do anything then that's on me.) The only thing I haven't done is disable my Razr Orbweaver which sometimes makes games shit themselves as it's considered another game input, so I'll try that but I thought I'd mention it as I might be missing summat.

Is this on PC @moosegrinder? I'll try and take a look. All that stuff is handled by Unity so I could only test with the equipment I have here there may be combinations that don't work. I wouldn't expect it from the keyboard though. I realised too late that there's no esc key functionality sorry, I've been doing iOS stuff to long. I'll release an update soon.

Just now, carleton said:

Is this on PC @moosegrinder? I'll try and take a look. All that stuff is handled by Unity so I could only test with the equipment I have here there may be combinations that don't work. I wouldn't expect it from the keyboard though. I realised too late that there's no esc key functionality sorry, I've been doing iOS stuff to long. I'll release an update soon.

Ah ok. Yeah, when I try to use the pad or keyboard sometimes it just won't see inputs at all and you have to press it numerous times. I just assumed it was a controller conflict. The mouse method works fine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2020 at 13:29, criminal said:

I've just finished this game, really enjoyed it and there were 4 or 5 levels which kept me stuck for 10s and 10s of attempts.  just wanted to say thanks and congrats to @carleton
Hope the next one is on the way!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Was 45 one of the levels? It certainly seems to be a sticking point for many players.

2 hours ago, carleton said:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Was 45 one of the levels? It certainly seems to be a sticking point for many players.

I dont think i struggled with that one nearly as much as others to be honest but i didnt make a note of which levels stuck me.

Is there any plan to release more levels or anything?

On 06/11/2020 at 11:52, moosegrinder said:

Ah ok. Yeah, when I try to use the pad or keyboard sometimes it just won't see inputs at all and you have to press it numerous times. I just assumed it was a controller conflict. The mouse method works fine.

On 06/11/2020 at 11:54, carleton said:

To be honest I wish I'd have just kept it at mouse input for simplicity. The PC sales are abysmal so I've not revisited it. I'll double check I've not done something stupid, this is my first Unity project. Thanks for the feedback.

Just a suggestion, but do you have your pad and key inputs in a FixedUpdate rather than an Update?

Controls use the apparently new input system which doesn’t work on the update system but rather input actions. I think I’ve taken it a little for granted as everything else in Unity is pretty much seamless. It’s chicken and egg though. I need QA but QA needs paying for. I was hoping an MVP would make enough money so I could invest in improvements like this.

Thanks for supporting the game and I’ll mention you to Saul. What game were you working on together?

6 hours ago, carleton said:

Controls use the apparently new input system which doesn’t work on the update system but rather input actions. I think I’ve taken it a little for granted as everything else in Unity is pretty much seamless. It’s chicken and egg though. I need QA but QA needs paying for. I was hoping an MVP would make enough money so I could invest in improvements like this.

Thanks for supporting the game and I’ll mention you to Saul. What game were you working on together?

Ah, I haven't used the new update system, just use the old one. 

Saul and I were just making stuff for a bit of fun. We did a version of Boulder Dash on Unity that was pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, tbb said:

I'm stuck on 39. Haven't even got to the supposed hard levels yet

Lots of people get stuck on all sorts of levels that are unexpected. It’s why I changed it to only 80% per chapter for this version so people could skip a level and come back later. You’ve done harder levels than that one already I think.

14 hours ago, carleton said:

Lots of people get stuck on all sorts of levels that are unexpected. It’s why I changed it to only 80% per chapter for this version so people could skip a level and come back later. You’ve done harder levels than that one already I think.

My OCD doesn't allow me to skip a level ;)

• 1 year later...
59 minutes ago, ZOK said:

How do you find this on the eshop website? I’ve tried every combination of Millie / Molly and it doesn’t come up…

It only seems to be appearing in the shop on a Switch at the minute. I've no idea why, perhaps it's still propagating. I hope it goes on web soon, you're not the first to have this issue.

Just now, carleton said:

It only seems to be appearing in the shop on a Switch at the minute. I've no idea why, perhaps it's still propagating. I hope it goes on web soon, you're not the first to have this issue.

Pre-orders are up on the Switch at least. I've already pre-ordered.