Jump to content

Next-Gen Headsets


Recommended Posts

I didn't want to spend a fortune so I spent my Xmas Amazon money on some Razer Blackshark 2 VX (the cheap, non wireless version without the USB soundcard) and they're pretty ace for £60. The sound's really clear and they do what I need em to do over my cheapy Sades ones I've used for years. Plus they're closed so it drowns out Married At FIrst Sight or whatever garbage the woman has on

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a pair of Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen 2 for my PS5 for Christmas.  After a couple of weeks of using them I'm still weirded out by them.  At times they seem brilliant, but at others (for instance idling on the PS5 menu) they seem a bit crackly/distorted.  Anyone else got this model of headset?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the Logitech Pro X headset partly for Xbox gaming and partly for video meetings/training on my PC. Anyone got experience of either with that headset and if so, verdict on the headset?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2021 at 10:37, Sixkiller said:

Got a pair of Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen 2 for my PS5 for Christmas.  After a couple of weeks of using them I'm still weirded out by them.  At times they seem brilliant, but at others (for instance idling on the PS5 menu) they seem a bit crackly/distorted.  Anyone else got this model of headset?


I had some of these issues on the Gen 1 version which after Googling found it to be some wireless interference although I read it has been resolved for Gen 2 - but possibly not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid person question - I have those Bose Q(is it Q?)IIs bluetooth headphones. They have a mic. If I plug them into the controller using the lead, will they work as a comms headset? I know, why not just try? Well I don't really play online or have anyone to test with. Just curious if it would work if I ventured on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all. I've currently got a PS4 and likely to get a PS5 later this year. I've got an old old set of wireless headphones which I'm not sure what they are called but are specifically for the PS4 by Sony.  They've always given me a bit of brain ache after an hour or so usage, I think they are a tad small for me.  So I'm after some new ones, nothing fancy at all, up to £60 budget, I'm a casual gamer and mainly use them for FIFA co op and FPS.  Any ideas?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Arctis 7x works perfectly on both out of the box (and the switch, switch lite, most android devices, etc).

 

 

The regular Arctis 7 won't so you'll have to plug a wire into the pad or something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, deerokus said:

Arctis 7x works perfectly on both out of the box (and the switch, switch lite, most android devices, etc).

 

 

The regular Arctis 7 won't so you'll have to plug a wire into the pad or something. 

 

Sorry. The 7x works on the PS5?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bought (and returned) an awful lot of headsets. 
 

My partner saw me replying to this thread and said “oh no not next gen headsets again, you can’t be buying any more!?”

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattKB said:

I have bought (and returned) an awful lot of headsets. 
 

My partner saw me replying to this thread and said “oh no not next gen headsets again, you can’t be buying any more!?”


Im in the same boat and now using the hyperx flights for the Xbox. Lovely sound that comes out of these and a 30 hour battery life to go with it is pretty good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, MattKB said:

I have bought (and returned) an awful lot of headsets. 
 

My partner saw me replying to this thread and said “oh no not next gen headsets again, you can’t be buying any more!?”

 

I just hid my new series X behind my TV, so I know the feeling...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2021 at 15:53, Tomdominer said:

*Groan*

 

Does the 9x work with the PS5? This information is hard to come by. The website confirms that the 9 works on the PS5, but doesn't mention the 9x.

 

There is a bit on the page for each set of headphones where it tells you exactly what they work with, under “compatability”:

 

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7x

 

I have the standard Arctis 7 so they don’t work wirelessly with Xbox, but I just plug ‘em into the pad and they’re excellent.

 

The 7X work wirelessly on both but you have to flip a switch and swap the dongle between devices, which is more inconvenient for me than just using wirelessly on PS5 and wired on Xbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bridger said:

Quick notification that the SteelSeries Arctis 7X headsets are back in stock with SteelSeries if anyone is after a pair.

I’ve heard people are getting stung with import tax this year so for anyway ordering bare that in mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DarkCrisis said:

I’ve heard people are getting stung with import tax this year so for anyway ordering bare that in mind.

 

Yeah, there's a link on their homepage asking you to contact them if there's been an import charge and so I don't know if they're offering a refund for that or anything?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up a Series X. I'm after a wireless headset and I'm a bit lost. Wired isn't an option due to the distance I sit from the TV and young kids that love running about between where I'm sat and the TV unit. I've always just used a cheap headset with a 3.5mm but I mainly play shooters and I'm sick of not being able to hear my opponents' footsteps clearly. 

 

Anyone care to make a recommendation? I've been looking at the Arctis 7x and Hyperx Flight. And a bunch of others but I've had enough of looking about and reading conflicting information so I'm hoping you guys can just put me out of my misery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dogsout said:

Finally picked up a Series X. I'm after a wireless headset and I'm a bit lost. Wired isn't an option due to the distance I sit from the TV and young kids that love running about between where I'm sat and the TV unit. I've always just used a cheap headset with a 3.5mm but I mainly play shooters and I'm sick of not being able to hear my opponents' footsteps clearly. 

 

Anyone care to make a recommendation? I've been looking at the Arctis 7x and Hyperx Flight. And a bunch of others but I've had enough of looking about and reading conflicting information so I'm hoping you guys can just put me out of my misery.

Is the wire an issue when it goes into the controller?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the 9 for my ps5 and its such a comfortable headset I'd recommend them to anyone wanting to buy a decent pair.the 7 would of been fine and i think the only difference is the 9 has Bluetooth which ill not use very often but it was a 40 mile drive to the nearest argos with a 7 in stock:lol: 

I had the hyperx cloud revolver and they felt great to wear but when i tried the steelseries it just felt so much better on the top of my head.

 

Go with the 7x

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chooch said:

Is the wire an issue when it goes into the controller?

 

Only because my youngest climbs all over me and gets tangled. It's not a huge problem but I'd prefer wireless.

 

Thanks, all! :hat:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.