Genshin Impact

Nobuo's Organ

4 hours ago, Moodmon said:

and I don’t have the passive the gives extra cyro damage for standing in her ult yet.

I got her too and was reading this, assumed it was just for teams. That's great she can benefit from it herself. Now just need to pull one more...

I have diluc but he goes out doing meat runn expeditions~

6 hours ago, Billy Brown said:

Huge thanks to both of you for this, things make a lot more sense now. I'm not about to go pumping £££ into the game

yeah you can completely discount everything either of us said if you're just playing the current content.  Only reason for getting op characters or any new ones is spyral abyss later levels and end game content which isnt out for ... years probably. If youre happy with the 4 or 5 starter characters youre given you could do everything with them and upgrade their talents really well. Even some 3 star bows are good at full refine like crit damage one for amber can get her doing high Ks  charged shots.  That said these new challenges are really tough with the cubes in solo D: but the rewards aren't essential, just very very good

Best bit of advice I can think of, regardless the size of your wallet, is pick one character to be your main damage dealer.  Then put most of your resources into them.  I’ve got Razor at 80, everyone else is 70 or below.  His important artifacts are all +16/20, his weapon is twenty.  The rest of my team is either 60/70 or just plain 70.  Some have shitty artifacts.

Rely on your carry to carry, you can bring everyone else up later but having THE GUY/GIRL makes things much easier as you go.

I have recently been running a team of Razor, Bennett, Jean and Diona.  It’s effectively three heal bots and a big sword.  Tend to use the others to battery energy, then ideally put down Diona or Bennett ult and go to town on Razor.  Diona has very little investment, Bennett scales off base attack so I just worry about his feather and weapon and Jean just gets whatever as she is emergency heals only.

It isn’t the best team I could run (should really swop Jean for another electro character for the resonance effect) but it works for me.  I play a lot of this game, but I’m not fussed about the harder content.  The cube event I’m getting about 1k a time, Abyss I’ve only got up to about level 8 as I’m just not that bothered.  I prefer exploring and messing with stuff.

I haven’t levelled anyone to 90 as the resource sink is incredible.  I think it takes the same or more of the purple books to go 80-90 as it does to go from 1-80.  I’d rather mess about with other people.

I went to sign up for this.  Put in a username and password.  Then I downloaded the game.  Put in my details to start and it wouldn't login.  For some reason on sign up there is no password character limit but on sign in there is and in the guide it says 6-15 character password.  Why not limit the box at the start? And 15 character passwords are nothing nowadays.  This would really concern me about giving them any of my data.

You think that is bad, we are still waiting for two factor authentication.  Mihoyo don’t seem that bothered about it.  Hell they had an issue at the start where certain details like email addresses weren’t hidden.

Only think you can do is link your phone number in case anyone tries to get in.  I haven’t heard anything about anyone being hacked recently,  it the game definitely isn’t the best in that front.

Onto less depressing stuff, Keqing banner for all those who require a waifu.  I’m very much wait and see on Xiao,  it interesting they are putting a standard banner character on rate up.  When’s Diluc?  Seriously, when?  I’ll also take Klee, thanks.

I am a bit torn as I lucked into Aquila Favonia which is a 5 star sword that would be great for Keqing, but it has physical as a substat.  Physical Keqing is a thing, but at that point I might as well run Razor and they are both electro anyway.  At least she wouldn’t need to be on the field so long.

The new event looks like it has a lot of stuff, and they mentioned there will be enough primogems for 10 wishes.  Plus the small matter of a free Liyue character.

QOvdS5d.png

Xingqui is one of the best supports in the game, and Ning can be built straight dps despite being geo.  Or do what I’m doing and picking the one character you don’t own.  Time for pirate counter shenanigans.

Aaaaaaaand that Liyue's main quest done! ^_^

Really good build up towards the end & the last bit was pretty exciting.

Still using Fischl, Bennett, Kaeya & Xingqui as my main party, not really got any major complaints at all. I've stopped pulling on the Ganyu banner now as I'm getting close to pity pulls & I don't want another bow user really.

Finished off everything on Dragonspine I think, just need to do the wishes each week for the next couple of weeks. Found all bar one of the shrines in Mondstadt & collected all the floating things to level up the statue.

Currently mopping up all the quests I've got active for Liyue, as well as searching for the geo floating things using the device you can craft. Also doing a few domains, mainly to try & get a couple of useful artefacts for Fischl from the Electo DMG set, which is proving frustrating. Thought I'd got one last night but when I checked it, the primary attribute was Anemo DMG - what kind of idiot puts Ameno DMG onto a Electro DMG set! :quote:

It's still absolutely amazing though, I am totally addicted. :wub:

EDIT

Oh, and I'm awful at the cube event, haven't completed a single one yet & you can't matchmake it normally, which is a bit rubbish. Anyone around tonight or this week to drag me through them? I don't mind doing whatever you need in return.

I need to defeat each normal cube in co-op too, if anyone wants to do those at some point too?

1 hour ago, ph0rce said:

what kind of idiot puts Ameno DMG onto a Electro DMG set! :quote:

I need to defeat each normal cube in co-op too, if anyone wants to do those at some point too?

yeah thats just how the cups are. You will usually wana have the cup as your different one not of your set of 4 the same. although on my fish i have 2 gladiator(one of which is the electro boost cup) and 2 electro artifacts and one lavawalker crown just for the crit  rate / damage ( forget which) Just worked out  ok like that.

701250947 if you or anyone wants to co op those. Also you get some achievements and a couple of primos for doing co op world bosses if you need a hand with those

Bloody hell, only discovered yesterday that I can beat the world bosses ( cube, flower, etc ) more than once a day! :lol:

AR40 now, significant shortage of treasure hunter medallions & bones is preventing me from levelling most things up further so I've resorted to that dynamic map to grind them out.

Sneaky game requires the green ones for ascending characters & weapons but then wants the common ones for talents, which I only discovered once I'd converted them all already! :(

Managed all the cube events aside from the Geo ones as I only have Noelle & she's rubbish level / artefact wise. I hate the Geo cube anyway, it's so much worse than all the other ones, stupid pillars.

Oh, and I'm drawing a complete blank on the 'Nine Pillars ...' puzzle but am loathed to look it up, if anyone has a small tip / vague pointer in the right direction that won't spoil it completely, feel free to help me out. 

Tried the Xiao demo a couple of times, seemed pretty good to me so I used my saved pulls to try my luck. Took 15, which I reckon is about 70 - 75 total & I got him. :D

Given him the 5 star pole arm I got from my standard banner, so that's worked out nicely.

The new world boss is pretty good, way, way, way tankier than any of the cubes / flowers though.

Oh, and the thing for Nine Pillars puzzle finally clicked for me too, though I still have one more pillar to unlock before I can solve the puzzle.

For one of the battle pass things, I need to send / receive a picture from someone. I'll update this later with my ID but if someone can send me one once done, that'd be great.

On 19/01/2021 at 09:42, Moodmon said:

...I may have gone into way to much detail there so sorry for the wall of text. Unless you happen to pull Dilic.  In which case fuck you and may all your rolls be Amber ;)

I’ve been playing a good amount since mid-January and just got my first 5-star pull last night. I think you know how it went. 

1 hour ago, ph0rce said:

My UID is 712479428

Got loads of red & blue, very little of anything else. 

I’ll add you - more than happy to do the photo swap challenge with you. 

EDIT: ‘Unable to add target player as friend’. If you don’t mind trying to add me instead, my UID is 713576591

3 hours ago, Billy Brown said:

I’ve been playing a good amount since mid-January and just got my first 5-star pull last night. I think you know how it went. 

Congrats on the Qiqi!

Now excuse me as I go cry into my puddle of primogems.

This first week of the update has done nothing for me.  I don't really use a geo team or own Big Daddy Zhong and getting Ganyu has left me completely cold on Xiao.  The photo thing cam be a bit awkward to use and it's all RNG, but it is free primogems so I shouldn't quibble.  New boss is actually pretty fun.  If you stop up close he is nice and aggro and you have to rely on good dodges.  The shield thing I could do without as I'm not able to work out how to consistently crystallise him - countered by the fact I have Diona shields.

I think Diona gets a bad rap.  Sure she does no damage but the shields are really good.  Her ult doesn't heal as fast as say a Bennett but it seems to last much longer and you can get healed over 70%.  I've also been swapping out one of my main carries for Jean in that fight.  She fits into any team comp, reacts with any element, can do a lot of damage and has heals for days.  When I screw up and the boss hits me I can just swap to Jean, continue smacking the dude and heal everyone at the same time.  She can be built with venerer shred, healing or damage (both elemental and physical).  She isn't broken, but is incredibly flexible and has best CC in the game outside of Venti ult.  Plus she is great fun to play and isn't a ruddy loli catgirl.  Actually change of plan, Diona does deserve some of that rap.

Looking forward to the real start of the event next week, and just waiting for my free Liyue character.  The tower defence thing looks pretty fun as well.  Time to save for Hu Tao (if she does come out in 1.3) or the next weapon banner.  Which should be either the Staff of Homa (weapon pretty much built for Hu Tao) or Wolf's Graystone (probably one of the best weapons in the game full stop).

Man, I don’t think I’d want to pull another 5 star in the next couple of weeks if I’m honest!

Power levelling Xiao this week has exhausted most of my resources & I’ve been grinding specific bosses repeatedly. It’s probably not been helped that I’ve chosen to level a new weapon as well, and that Xiao is tied to the new Primal world boss.

Now that I’ve got him to a good level, he’s doing some real damage. :D

Unfortunately I’ve run out of talent books, and Sacrifical Knives ( and Qixing flowers, etc ).

However, I’d take another Xiao though so I could get a third charge of his burst if the gacha gods are reading this. :P

This is why choosing one character only as your main is so important. The resources at Level 70+ are a fucking ballache and expose the F2P nature of the game, as opposed to a traditional JRPG where you could normally grind for hours on end.

I've not been playing this much recently. I've been tetering on the edge of the AR40 spike in difficulty where normal mobs become a chore until you upgrade all your shit. Plus i've not had anything decent from my summons. Sure, i got Diluc off the Albedo banner, but there's no point me adding him when Klee is my main (and my favourite, by a country mile).

I do enjoy logging in, pottering around, listening to the sublime music, and being distracted by the gorgeous world, but i am feeling a little burnt out. And the gacha aspect still irks me, even though i'm a F2P player (not counting the Welkin sub which is a steal at £4.99, and i have played soooo many hours, i feel its my duty to give back a little).

Its a joyous game, it really is, but its limitations due to its cash-cow structure are apparent, and that can be off-putting at times.

AR43 here, halfway to 44 which is proving to be a massive slog as I’ve basically done nearly all the world quests & story stuff. 

Xiao is at 80 now, his ult is disgusting! If I put Bennett’s down first, he barely loses any health either. 

Got one more Liyue shrine to find & a couple of world quests to track down but it’s mainly about farming domains for talent books & materials. 

Once I hit AR45, I’ll go back to artefacts but it’s quite nice to have broken the back of the game, for now & not feel like I’m trying to do 100 things at once. 

On 05/02/2021 at 10:49, ph0rce said:

My UID is 712479428

Got loads of red & blue, very little of anything else. 

Did you manage to get this done? Whenever I try to send an image it just says ‘Cannot bless friend now’. Not sure what the issue is. 

19 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

Did you manage to get this done? Whenever I try to send an image it just says ‘Cannot bless friend now’. Not sure what the issue is. 

Gave me the same error as you, I think it’s because we’re both on PlayStation as there were a couple of posts about that when I did a quick Google. 

What’s your PSN?

2 hours ago, ph0rce said:

Gave me the same error as you, I think it’s because we’re both on PlayStation as there were a couple of posts about that when I did a quick Google. 

What’s your PSN?

My PSN is BillyBrown (no space). I might not be able to get on until later as my son has control of the TV but I'll try sending you one before the day is through if you manage to add me. Thanks in advance for trying.

Pulled Diona yesterday, and it seems from some brief research that she could be pretty useful with Xiao in terms of dropping her healing skill before I activate his skill.

Trouble is, I'm having to level her from scratch, plus relevant artefacts. :(

She's definitely more useful than Bennett from that point of view, so that's who I've dropped. Currently running Xiao, Diona, Fischl & Xingqui. Nice to have water / ice back so I can freeze again.

Xiao is at 80 now, as is his Jade Spear, so don't need to worry until I hit AR50 for him but I do need to defeat the bloody Oceanid six ( ! ) times so I can ascend Xingqui past 70, not looking forward to that.

Oh, and I've finished the camera event ( claimed 8 boxes ), so if anyone needs any colours now, let me know.

Started this a couple days ago and it's bloody brilliant.

My other half liked the look of it, as she likes Zelda and Dragon Quest, and she's on half term now so she started it this morning.

Her first 10 pack on the novice banner:

PS_App_20210213_010931.jpeg

:angry:

• 4 months later...

My daughter is playing this, after I checked in with a friend that you can play the story without paying. That said, there's specific characters that go on offer that she really wanted, but there's no direct way to buy them, right? To me, it looks like you're buying in-game currency, converting to something (wishes?) and rolling the dice on what you'll actually get. Is that right? I'm just trying to set expectations, she's not used to gacha mechanics. We've tended to stick to games where you get whatever DLC you pay for.

Lovely looking game mind, even on base PS4. Would quite like to see it on XSX.

Its a pure gacha/gamble so no way to guarantee anything. Don't waste any real money, just use the Primogems you earn by playing, and those the developer gives away, and hoard them, then splash the lot on the banner you like, and fingers crossed.

You are guaranteed a 4* every 10 wishes, and i think a 5* after 90.  Even then its a roll of the dice and you might even end up with a dupe. 

So yeah. Stick with F2P for less stress. ;)

Actually the £4.99 Welkin thing that lasts 30 days is great value compared to their Gem bundles. But you need to log in every day to claim them. Its decent that you get a Wish every other day. I did that for a couple of months. Not bad but still RNG at the end of the day.

They tend to giveaway a character free every three months or so, but if you’re avoiding buying in it’s a do the dailys for free gems and save up enough for the events/chars you want as you won’t have enough to try for all of them.

• 2 weeks later...