Genshin Impact

Hot damn, this is so bloody addictive! I’ve only been playing just over a week & I haven’t been to bed before midnight more than once. :blink:

There’s always something just ‘over there’ or another teleport to unlock, or a chest to get, or a spirit to chase. That ‘one more go’ aspect is perfectly weighted, especially when you factor in the daily / weekly stuff. 

Started with Noelle as my main, with Bennett, Kaeya & the water guy with the floating sword special who’s name I can’t remember but with a couple more character unlocks & a newfound appreciation for Bennett, I’ve switched to Bennett main, Noelle for crowds & then Sucrose, Barbara for spells / healing / etc. 

Bennett is an absolute beast, running back through the low level areas & he just one shots everything. :wub:

Not had a lot of trouble so far, did the Dvalin storyline & my next quest is in Liyue but I’ve not started it yet. Been sat at AR25 for a couple of days as I’ve really struggled with the challenge at the bottom of Starglow Cavern ( required to thaw the last crystal ) & I didn’t want to make it any harder! Finally cracked it tonight after power levelling Bennett, his weapon & eating a ATK boosting meal before trying again.

To say that it’s completely free is just mind boggling, it’s at least as good as BOTW & the map is already massive with only two of the super powers currently available.....

I love it when new players spend some time with this game and realise that the F2P model can be a wonderful experience.

You don't need to spend a penny in this game, its generous with the rewards/currency that it gives you for your wishes/gacha.

Even the top tier characters aren't essential, they're only a little bit better at clearing ads.

A F2P account can do everything that a whale account can do. Thats a fact!

Hi here's some codes for free primogems! You may have some of these already and some might time out very soon so use thes 4 codes asap! 153YuSaenh / genshingift  / GSIMPTq125 /  Cuupmbjsvd

If anyone wants a friend I'm Pranny , not sure how you find me but if you can I need help with those multiplayer tasks for the latest treasure event.  Just got C4 Noelle. Kinda maining her defiantly and thanks to the geo buff seems to be doing decent damage in multiplayer runs for artifacts. My fish is a beast too at C5. Hoping for Ganyu to drop to help with those sheilded twats in Abyss

5 hours ago, ph0rce said:

Codes are only for non PS4 players, correct?

I'm just the messenger, sorry unsure. Let us know ;) . I did start out playing on ps4 but my initial rolls were so bad. Plus hoping for cross save with switch in future so went with pc.

That said I am using ps4 pad on pc. Is anyone else getting the stuttering and glitchy aim for bow users since the first patch? Also the auto aim can often just shoot at the floor even when next to an enemy

12 minutes ago, mrpranny said:

the fuck!! I didn't get a single one on her banner , congrats through gritted teeth!

You sure we're on about the same character? lol! She's the cute, fiery, guitar wielding gal. Only a 4*.

And i honestly don't need her (or Diluc - my previous pull), because i have the wonderful Klee. :wub:

6 minutes ago, Curtis said:

You sure we're on about the same character? lol! She's the cute, fiery, guitar wielding gal. Only a 4*.

And i honestly don't need her (or Diluc - my previous pull), because i have the wonderful Klee. :wub:

yes , I like the design, I like guitars and I would live with the country accent. Supposedly she levels up well. Lots of youtube videos saying this. And I quite like shield characters and how they play. Its why I have build up beidou. Can get 20K on her defense timed burst if done accurately. Fish should be a 5 * I swear too. Oz is so op especially with constellations ( 16K for just activating it near someone!)and paired with Klee mobs just melt away

I do like her design a lot, but i've been running the same team for ages and i love them dearly: Klee, Sucrose, Jean, Fish. ^_^

No one else has managed to push any of those out the rotation, unless its a boss of the same element type of course.

Mentioned in my last post that I hadn’t started the Liyue portion of the main quest yet, and I still haven’t!

Been too obsessed with Dragonspine & doing the commissions, plus treasure hunting. 

Finally got to the top of the top of Dragonspine, which was awesome & I’ve been searching for Crimson Agate since then, plus looking for chests ‘ secrets. Defeated the ‘true’ ruler of the mountain as well, which was a huge surprise when it triggered. 

I’m beginning to think I’ve got most of the obvious agates but, before I resort to a map, are there any other tips for the less obvious ones? I know thery can be in the special chests but I’ve found quite a few of them. 

Also I’ve found quite a few disembodied Ruin Guard heads, which I’m assuming are quest related but not sure what to do with them yet. 

Pulled Fischl before the Albedo banner went away, and I read good things, but I’m not sure how a bow user is going to be my main DPS if I’m honest ...

I need to get off the bloody mountain & back to the other stuff but I know there’s more to find. I really hope they are making some serious money from this, as they. They could have sold it as a full priced title quite easily. 

Quick answer: Liyue as a region is gorgeous and better than anything you've seen up until now (in an open world exploration sense).

Also, yes Mihoyo is making huge money, so the free updates and content will keep rolling out.

And you absolutely do not need to pay to complete any of the content to date.

3 hours ago, mrpranny said:

I'm just the messenger, sorry unsure. Let us know ;) . I did start out playing on ps4 but my initial rolls were so bad. Plus hoping for cross save with switch in future so went with pc.

That said I am using ps4 pad on pc. Is anyone else getting the stuttering and glitchy aim for bow users since the first patch? Also the auto aim can often just shoot at the floor even when next to an enemy

I just redeemed them all in the PS version- just go into the settings menu, then the account section.

Many thanks @mrpranny!

I know I don’t NEED to pay anything but I like giving something back, particularly since I’ve spent countless hours on it already. 

Can’t decide if the battle pass or the daily gems thing is the best deal though, leaning towards the pass I think. 

Oh man, Fischl plus Bennett plus water swords guy is just plain ridiculous. 

Had to go back to a collection of islands in the South East of the map for a commission, which is where there are 4 Ruin Guards all having a picnic on the beach, who destroyed me last time in seconds.

Barring an embarrassing incident where I accidentally drowned on my first go, I absolutely mullered them, felt amazing. 

Getting to the point where I need to pay attention to upgrade materials to ascend some weapons so I might actually need to try some domains out for the first time. 

Oh, and pulled a second Fischl last night from the new banner which was a pleasant surprise. :omg:

19 hours ago, ph0rce said:

I know I don’t NEED to pay anything but I like giving something back, particularly since I’ve spent countless hours on it already. 

Can’t decide if the battle pass or the daily gems thing is the best deal though, leaning towards the pass I think. 

I have the £5 a month contract for primogems. Its a great deal compaired with their usual price. The only issue with getting the weapons  one is that these current set have been in since the start. Its possible they will change them after most have fully ascended them so you could be stuck with half ascended ones with no way to get more. Although they seem like some of the best in the game regardless. Perhaps even too good

Welkein is great value for the gems you get, I think it works out to about £30 worth.  Battle pass is good if you are gonna get it to at least level 30.  The wishes are nice but there is a lot of materials in there as well.  I tend to wait to see if I have played enough to get to 30 then spend the cash.  So far I have managed it only once.

Talking of weapons the 5 star ones are ridiculous.  I was close to pity on the standard banner (almost entirely through free pulls) and managed to pull Aquila Favonia.  At level 70 it has about the same attack as my level 80 Archaic claymore.  It is just a big massive stat stick.  I’m using it as an excuse to turn Jean into a dps.

I love the team building aspect of this.  My only real dps unit is Razor, so I was building around him.  Managed to snag a Diona and she works so well with him.  Put down the ult for the heal and superconduct, or get the full shield and more superconduct.  Then switch to Razor and go full left click mode for 15 seconds.

I keep looking at this Ganyu banner, seeing the size of her ult and thinking this would be real good for my wolf boy.  Yet I could really do with another full on dps unit, and it is likely Xiao and Hu Tao are round the corner.  Xiao is an edgelord wind Razor with a spear who loses his health as he enters unga bunga mode.  He was busted in the beta, so I’m hoping he is busted here.  Then again I don’t particularly want another character like Razor, and Ganyu seems like she does big numbers all my herself.

Welp, welcome to the world of gacha I guess.

Pulled the pirate captain lady last night, a few days ago I'd have been well chuffed but now I've got Fischl, I can't really see her fitting in now :( 

Kicked off the Liyue main stuff last night but then got sidetracked again almost straightaway. Beat the Oceanoid on the second attempt; didn't have enough ranged firepower to take down the birds on the first go, so I moved things around & then didn't get any on the second attempt, sod's law! Found & beat the Great Wolf too, that was a pretty good battle.

Also pulled Xingjang ( fire girl with bear / spear ) from a wish, so I'm finally going to see what the Spiral Abyss is about to get her again.

Hit AR30 as well, so that should bump up my rewards & difficulty as to be honest, my current team is just tearing through chumps like a hot knife through butter.

And I bought the 30 day thing, as Moodmon says, I'll probably do the battle pass if I get to 30 as well.

Game is just :wub::wub:

The open world and exploring for a free to play game is incredible.  It is so much fun to go out just to find stuff out.  Helps that stuff is everywhere.  

It is also entirely viable f2p even if you do have to work at it.  Traveller is decent dps, Noelle serves as an okay healer.  Xiangling is a really good all round unit (probably why she is hidden behind abyss).  Kaeya has gone from everyone dunking on him to people realising he has one of the highest normal attack scaling in the game, and he can make use of the new cyro set.  Amber is still terrible outside of being a lighter, shame the pyro resonance of 25% attack is so strong.

Sure maybe higher level abyss is a bit much (requiring two fully geared teams pretty much) but domains and such are fair game.  The OST is utterly fantastic and it is a crying shame it wasn’t mentioned at all when people talked about soundtracks of the year.

I absolutely adore the soundtrack. It's very Ghibli-esque. 

Many a time i've just stopped my character in their tracks, so i can take in the gorgeous scenery and enjoy the almost whimsical music.

Its a beautiful game on so many levels. :wub:

I've just started this over the weekend after watching a couple of streams and then coming here to read some of the gushing posts in this thread. I really like it so far and have just hit AR12 to open up the daily commissions.

I have a few questions about Wishes. I've gone through my introductory 20 with the related banner. Now I'm left to choose between the Standard Wish banner (Wanderlust Invocation) or the Character Event / Weapon Event banners, which both have 15 days to go:

• If I pull something good from the event banners but fail to pull any duplicates in the next 15 days, does that mean it's then impossible to improve that character / weapon once the event finishes? I'm assuming at least some of the rewards are exclusive to this event?
  • If so, how long do the event banners run for generally - and is it worth concentrating on these if you can get in at the start?
  • Is there any advantage to saving up and doing 10 wishes at a time (other than guaranteeing at least a 4-star pull)? Or should I just be doing them individually as and when I can?
  • Is there anything else I need to save Primogems for, or am I safe pumping them into Wishes?

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Billy Brown said:

I've just started this over the weekend after watching a couple of streams and then coming here to read some of the gushing posts in this thread. I really like it so far and have just hit AR12 to open up the daily commissions.

I have a few questions about Wishes. I've gone through my introductory 20 with the related banner. Now I'm left to choose between the Standard Wish banner (Wanderlust Invocation) or the Character Event / Weapon Event banners, which both have 15 days to go:

• If I pull something good from the event banners but fail to pull any duplicates in the next 15 days, does that mean it's then impossible to improve that character / weapon once the event finishes? I'm assuming at least some of the rewards are exclusive to this event?
  • If so, how long do the event banners run for generally - and is it worth concentrating on these if you can get in at the start?
  • Is there any advantage to saving up and doing 10 wishes at a time (other than guaranteeing at least a 4-star pull)? Or should I just be doing them individually as and when I can?
  • Is there anything else I need to save Primogems for, or am I safe pumping them into Wishes?

Thanks in advance!

*4 stars rotate with the 5 star and are always available in the other banner ( and lessss common in the weapon one. So they are still about but way less likelihood. Plus you can get ones not in the main banner but again low likelihood. so yes you can get them again. Plus some have had" rate up " in the main banner multiple times already. I would go for a character you like the look of / play style of regardless of pulls cos. Unless you're planning on running abyss and getting anywhere near beating it ( I can't still stuck at about level 9-2 after the corridoor.)

... but depends if you want the 5 star character , thats where it gets complicated over whether you save up for the next banner. Cos pity usually comes in around 70 wishes in on average I'd say. Maybe a bit lower. I have had one within 8 pulls! And one Mukker got a Jean in their first pulls! So You can get lucky. Very rare though. You can see the % stats on the wish page in game.

*banners run for about 20 days. the other non rate up one is permanent ( so far) You have ages left on this one ... but as above depends if you want the next 5 star. I personally usually just spin for the 4 stars i want and happy if i get a 5 star. this will change when i max constellation some of them and will prob start saving for 5 star banners. especially if they do reruns of 5 stars i already have! And this is a thing to think of too: 4 stars with full constellations uuusually match up to a 5 star with none or one. Very roughly speaking. Right now the chances of getting multiples of 5 star is so low unless you are putting in £100 and prob £500-600 for max constellations. Pluuuussss you can pull other 5 stars on the rate up banner which arent the main one so that means 70 or so more wishes later you get the one you want... ie it could take a total of 140-160 wishes to pull the banner 5 star character in a very unfortunate case!

*There is no difference between single and multiple pulls according to official rules. Plus seems that way from streamer evidence and my own experience.  I do single pull a day and sometimes it will pull a 4 star in as low as 5 or 6 pulls but max at 10 with pity. So you can see why sometime 1 pulls has the illusion of looking lucrative with possibility of multiple 4 stars in one 10 pull.

*yes you can use the primogems for moons to get lvl up materials and artifacts etc. But its only really the whales who do this I think. Rest of us are probably best off using primos for wishes

Hope this makes any sense /reads ok.

The standard permanent banner will give you characters or weapons.  Be careful, while it currently has Mona/Kequing/Qiqi on it that means nothing.  Every ten pulls you are guaranteed a 4 star,  but that includes weapons.  You hit pity at 90 pulls.  So if you hit 90 you are guaranteed a 5 star.  On the standard banner this also includes weapons.

Character banner (so Ganyu right now) also has pity at 90, and a guaranteed 4 star every ten pulls.  The 4 star gurantee is weighted to be something like 75% one of the four stars on the banner (so Noelle, Xiangling or Xingqhu).  With the four star, if you happen to pull something else (so a different 4 star character or even a weapon) you are guaranteed the next ten pull to be one of the 4 star characters on the banner.  In reality, most of the time every ten pull you will get one of the 4 star banner characters.

The five star works in a similar way.  When you hit 90, you get a guaranteed 5 star.  It is not guaranteed to be the banner character.  So you might get a different 5 star (I think the pool is Diluc, Mona, Jean, Qiqi, Keqing but don’t hold me to it).  You will only get a 5 star character, not a 5 star weapon.  If your first pity is not the character on he banner (so again in this case Ganyu) then the next 5 star is guaranteed to be Ganyu.

In other words, for the low low price of 180 wishes (which is about £300-£400) you get the banner character.  Now for me and most people, I ain’t dropping that on a gamble.  What I do is use the monthly pass where you get primo gems every day.  Overall you get 3000 in the month, which is just under 30 wishes.  If you bought the gems outright, that would be about £30.  I’d rather pay a fiver and wait, thanks.

I tend to pull if there are some four stars I want.  You can still get unlucky as you may never get the one you want.  Just because the banner guarantees a 4 star character doesn’t mean you will get the one you want.  It is a gamble after all.  Slowly over time, with the welkein primo gems coming in, I’ll hit pity.  I am at the point where my next pity is guaranteed to be the banner character.

THIS PITY CARRIES OVER BETWEEN BANNERS.  So if I use it now, I’m getting Ganyu.  If I wait for next character banner, I’m getting whoever is on that (

probably Xiao).  Also important, PITY DOES NOT CARRY BETWEEN CHARACTER, WEAPON AND STANDARD BANNERS.  You cannot get 40 pulls into the weapon banner and use 50 pulls on character to get whoever is on that.  They have their own individual pity counters.

As mentioned above, there is a soft pity where you chances of a 5 star massively increase when you get over 70 wishes in.  You have to be real unlucky to hit it on exactly the 90th pull.

As it stands, once a limited time character banner is gone, they are gone.  None of the character banners have been added into the standard banner pool.  Gotta get that FOMO going so you spend.  I think they will come back eventually, a few rumours that Venti and Klee will be rerun in the next few months.  Mihoyo are not a fan of leakers, so nothing confirmed on that front.

The only other thing primogems are used for aside from wishes are refilling your daily resin.  You get limited returns from that, most just tend to stick to rolling.

It makes no difference whether you do 90 individual pulls or 9 of the ten pulls, odds as the same.  Just one is quicker to burn your gems than the other.

...I may have gone into way to much detail there so sorry for the wall of text. Unless you happen to pull Dilic.  In which case fuck you and may all your rolls be Amber ;)

I am still absolutely head over heels for this, it just gets better & better. :wub:

AR32 now, still using Fischl, Bennett, Noelle & Xingqui. Levelling everyone aside from Noelle as while I feel I need her for mining/ / shield, I don't really use her much so if someone else with a claymore ( and not the same element as my main guys ) turned up, I'd consider switching.

Also discovered that I can actually level up talents with materials, I had assumed they were related to the constellations / pay-to-win stuff so that was a pleasant surprise. It does mean I need a ton of arrowheads now though!

Progressed the Liyue storyline a bit further, visited all the mountain tops & am ready for whatever the next bit is. Also done quite a few side quests on the way & I'm busy doing stuff for Monstadt with requests / bounties, etc.

I want to go back to Dragonspine to find these missing red collectibles & find out what happens when I get to Level 8 of the tree but I feel like I'll need to resort to a map & I'm not quite ready yet. I'm one away from getting it to Level 7 on my own but while I'm enjoying searching, there's so much other stuff to do as well.

EDIT

I gave in & started using the interactive map on my lunch break to track down the missing ones; all basically in chests / challenges I'd missed.

Done at least four so far & know where a couple more I definitely haven't done are, also found a couple more Seelies too, which is great.

7 hours ago, Moodmon said:

...I may have gone into way to much detail there so sorry for the wall of text. Unless you happen to pull Dilic.  In which case fuck you and may all your rolls be Amber ;)

I pulled Diluc off the Albedo banner. And i have no use for him in my current party. I'd gift him to you if i could.  ;) 

I hit pity on Ganyu, levelled her to 20 and with the free wish you get from that rolled Diluc, just...randomly. Nowhere near pity. And now he's sat there, probably the best DPS in the game, half-levelled, because I already got Xinyan at 70 and there's too many fun characters to try and nowhere near enough resources. Should have left him at 20 but it felt like a waste...

6 hours ago, ph0rce said:

Also discovered that I can actually level up talents with materials, I had assumed they were related to the constellations / pay-to-win stuff so that was a pleasant surprise. It does mean I need a ton of arrowheads now though!

I ignored talents for ages but they do make a massive difference. You can spread the cost by only levelling the talents you use most at first (Oz, Bennett's E, Xingqui's ult). Xingqui's passive can come in clutch when crafting rarer books too because that shit gets expensive.

8 hours ago, Moodmon said:

19 hours ago, mrpranny said:

Hope this makes any sense /reads ok.

Huge thanks to both of you for this, things make a lot more sense now. I'm not about to go pumping £££ into the game (although I'll happily buy the £5 monthly bundle or the battle pass if I'm still enjoying it this much in a week or so), so I'm going to try and approach it by just experimenting with whoever I happen to pull rather than worrying about doing a ton of research into 'best' teams or whatever. (Cut to me in three days' time with spreadsheets and priority lists on the go.)

I've only been playing since the weekend but they've done an excellent job at layering in interesting new aspects to the game in these early hours - daily commissions, expeditions, co-op, etc. I stumbled across the events area / daily log-in bonuses yesterday completely by accident - that was a nice surprise too!

Don't get me wrong, it's still completely bewildering in places but I feel like I'm slowly getting to grips with it. And, as has been mentioned, the fact that the option to pay for stuff is hidden away in menus and never pushed in your face is to be commended. Really glad I gave this a go.

Finished using the map for the crimson agate, so the tree is at Level 8 now. 

Interestingly, the map says that there are 80 of them, which equates to 8 levels of the tree, I assume? But there’s at least two I haven’t got yet, unless it starts at Level 1, rather than 0 which means I’ve got another 10 to find. 

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

I pulled Diluc off the Albedo banner. And i have no use for him in my current party. I'd gift him to you if i could.  ;) 

Too late, I caved and got Ganyu.  She is nuts.  Completely overtuned.

Got her to 60, prototype bow to 60, full set wanderers (admittedly with crit damage hat) and she is hitting crits for about 6k.  For reference, my level 80 Razor kitted out as best I can manages on average about 2-3k a swing.  The fact she is so close already is bonkers.  That’s not even including her ult damage, and I don’t have the passive the gives extra cyro damage for standing in her ult yet.

You just need the bare minimum of crit rate.  Cyro resonance is 15% when afflicted by cyro, 20% from her passive after first charged shot.  Get lucky with another 15% or so on artifact substats (or get the cyro set from the domain) and you just go full crit damage.  The fact she gets crit damage as her ascension stat is golden.

1 minute ago, ph0rce said:

Finished using the map for the crimson agate, so the tree is at Level 8 now. 

Interestingly, the map says that there are 80 of them, which equates to 8 levels of the tree, I assume? But there’s at least two I haven’t got yet, unless it starts at Level 1, rather than 0 which means I’ve got another 10 to find. 

You get the rest from doing crimson wish events - 5 that reset every Monday and Friday.  They will be the blue tree icons on the mountain.