Genshin Impact

I am both envious of you all with your tales of harder mobs, andd glad that I'm not yet at that point where I need to even know how much Resin I have. I do wish that I could stop getting Fischl in the wishes, though. She's good, but some variety, please? 

Anyone tried the Elemental Crucible yet? I matchmade with some random team earlier, and I'm not even sure if we won or not. We killed everything that came at us, but it seems we didn't put enough elemental clots into it. And then, I was just left with these 3 other players, not really sure how to leave their team so I just quit the entire game on them. Hopefully I get better luck when I next try.

14 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

I am both envious of you all with your tales of harder mobs, andd glad that I'm not yet at that point where I need to even know how much Resin I have. I do wish that I could stop getting Fischl in the wishes, though. She's good, but some variety, please? 

Fischl is an amazing support character. Even moreso now you can unlock some of her constellation due to the dupes.

Took me a lot of wishes to get Fischl, I only unlocked her last night.

But I have Diluc and my Xiangling is a powerhouse with 5 constellation upgrades.

I'm still enjoying this a lot, not taking any of it too seriously and if I come across anyhting that will require a silly amount of grind, that'll be when I stop, so far, everything has seemed achievable without too much effort and certainly no real money. I am AR29 and have 6 characters at level 40, 2 on the way to 50. 

Top tip for when you end up fighting the Electro hypostatis. Take Amber. It doesn't matter if she's levelled. It doesn't matter if her weapon is level 1. When you get the electro down to it's last chunk of health it goes to the center of the arena and spawns three cubes. If you don't blow the cubes it gets health back and the fight continues until there are no cubes left (Dead cubes stay dead through phases but you can take a while).

Bring out Amber at the same time as the cubes. Drop her bunny on one cube and use charged shots on the other two. Each charged shot does 75% damage to the cubes and it doesn't matter what level either Amber or her weapon is. Amber doesn't need to take part in the fight until then.

I read the above post and then forgot all of it when i actually got to that fight. Lol. Took a couple of boss health regens for me to realise Chongyun's overhead ice smash works just as good as the fire you mentioned. Cleared it with 4 mins left on the clock. 8-)

AR26 and on we go...

I’m a bit surprised that this game isn’t discussed more than it is. It’s genuinely one of the best new IPs within the genre for years and I think it’s up there with the very best. 
I overlooked it for weeks, mostly because it’s free and in my experience games that are flagged as F2P are either very poor or cheap moneygrabs that begs for your money at every single opportunity.

It wasn’t until a friend of mine, who usually dislike JRPGs, recommended it that I decided to give it a go and now I’m really glad he did.

what struck me as a botw rip off at first has now grown into something quite unique and likeable and I must admit that I’m starting to get very fond of the universe. 
Loads of great characters, fun quests, fantastic music and gameplay that awards exploring. I haven’t finished the main story yet, but if it’s as good all the way through it’ll be a game that’s better than a lot of the full price AAA JRPGs I’ve bought over the last decade.

1 minute ago, deKay said:

So at what point do they start asking for money in this, because I’ve played it a few hours now and don’t even see where you’d do that.

They don’t really ask you at all. I’ve played for around 40 hours and never had the game trying to buy anything at all. I’ve friends who has played more than 100 hours and haven’t seen the option to throw real money at the game.

AR 36 with no 5 star characters but still loving it. Not been addicted to a game like this ...since last month when I got addicted to rocketleague, but besides that its been a while. Its really difficult to put down because there is always something begging to be upgraded just a little here and there. And the constant push for more wishes. And Shenmue 3 made me appreciate picking flowers a lot more. And it feels a lot like monster hunter style gathering anyway. I keep telling myself . But it really is. I have started running out of moons and Mora and spent a fiver in total this whole time (just to open a reward after beating a boss cos I didnt have enough moons and then it timed out anyway cos it was the next day ... :3 )

Fischl is amazing, I have one double, I am making do with her and Noelle really. Until I get a Jean or someone . Whoever it was on here that said that got one early on that was seriously lucky

1 hour ago, mrpranny said:

Until I get a Jean or someone . Whoever it was on here that said that got one early on that was seriously lucky

:bye:

I have her and her 5* sword up to Level 50 and she's doing all the DPS in my team.

Progress has slowed down quite a bit. I'm trying to grind to AR32 so i can open up the next story quest.

I went to some abyss thing on a remote island far east of Monstad and cleared a couple of rooms. At the end of the second room the timer was about to hit zero so I was frantically mashing the attack button. 
what was really annoying was that I wasn’t aware that I’d just killed the last enemy while still mashing the attack button so I never saw the clear screen as the game prompted my attack input as cancel the next room so I got booted out of the dungeon :angry:

3 hours ago, Rayn said:

I went to some abyss thing on a remote island far east of Monstad and cleared a couple of rooms. At the end of the second room the timer was about to hit zero so I was frantically mashing the attack button. 

I've done that loads of times, more often continuing when I want out. If you re-enter you can just carry on from the floor where you left off.

3 hours ago, max renn said:

Heh same thing happened to me...

I'm really struggling on the Ice regisvine, any tips?

I'm AP31 and have 3 characters in 2nd phase ascension but am getting mashed... I aced the fire regisvine too :(

My tactic so far has been 'twat it with Xiangling', seems to work. The Crescent Pike you can craft from the Blacksmith is an excellent weapon for her if you don't have it. Any artifacts with ATK, ATK%, PhysDMG or Pyro will help a lot. Level some up if you have to, but the general advice I believe is to farm artifacts post AR35, or 40 if you can be arsed to wait that long. There's a much better chance of 4 and 5 star drops the from the Domains then.

Just hit AR35 myself last night, the game is now 'spend all your resin to grind artifacts and materials' now and not much else. Roll on the update.

I've settled into a happy groove of logging in, doing the dailies, a lap of non-resin bosses, and whatever domains or bosses i need in preparation for my next upgrade. Then, once my resin is all gone, i either wander a little or just log out.

It works out great at maybe an hours play a day, which is all i need, and means i won't get burnt out chasing endgame XP before new content drops.

I’m kinda stuck it seems. I’m currently AR24 and I’ve cleared all World Quests in my quest log, bar one which I’m really having a hard time completing (have to go to a vault and protect a shrine from being destroyed as I fight off waves of big baddies). 
I suspect there must be more world quests available but I can’t seem to find any. I’ve explored the entire map and unlocked all teleport towers so that’s depleted. 
In the achievements tab there seems to be story missions with achievements attached to them but as states previously I can’t find any. 
Does anyone know of a good Genshin source where quests are listed and where to start them?

Klee.thumb.jpg.0337d6358d63ac762348b4acd0fbcb62.jpg

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Oh my days! My monthly reset kicked in meaning i can exchange Stardust for Fates/Wishes. I already hit pay-dirt with Klee so i rolled on the other banners and got another Sucrose (now at constellation 4) and best of all not one, but two 'Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers' which is a 3* catalyst every Barbara player should have equipped. Once she's wet everyone up, you switch her out, and the next character gets a 40% ATK bonus for 10 secs. Its brilliant for burst damage.

I'm soooo happy with tonights rolls. Sometimes RNG smiles upon you. I also just renewed my Welkin Moon, because thats great value for £4.99 a month.

Fuck! World Tier 4 is a massive jump in enemy HP and ATK. 

I was feeling good too. I delayed the AR35 ascension as long as i could, but now my team who could finish bosses in 1-2 phases, now takes 4-5. 

Oh well. Nature of the beast i guess. I should shut up whining and upgrade my squad to deal with it. The next WT bump is a long way off.

Great game. Only thing i'm playing. All i need.

• 1 month later...

Nothing to worry about early game. Just explore, enjoy, go at your own pace. When you hit AR12 you unlock Daily Missions which are definitely worth doing if you plan to log-in regularly.

Do not spend money on Primogem bundles, especially if you're prone to gambling (I'm not) It'll only tarnish the game for you!

If you want to give the developer a little 'thank you' cash, buy the 30 Day thing that costs £4.99 (don't worry its not a subscription or a recurring payment), it gives you 90 gems every day, which along with your dailies, means you get a wish/summon every single day.

Of course RNG is the biggest factor in a Gacha game - some get lucky, some don't. I have two 5* characters, a 5* weapon, and all the 4* characters from a F2P approach.

For now, ignore all that stuff and just enjoy a wonderful JRPG that has some gorgeous environments and a decent amount of depth to its combat mechanics. And once you unlock the second region...oh my! :wub:

Diluc.thumb.jpg.ed3d70a2e19710c36b199f2ebbaf21f9.jpg

Oh hello! :eyebrows: See, RNG does smile on us F2P players.

Gotta be honest though, i would've preferred ANY other 5*, even a dupe. My fiery needs are covered by the wonderful Klee. Plus, I'm not a fan of Greatswords in this game.