This game has its claws in bad. My adventure rank is 25, started to unlock some things I just cannot do in side quests and a certain wolf trial. I'm finding the timed and defense trials really intense, as well as the cube type bosses with their relentless attacks and shape shifting. And yeah its very pretty , even at medium graphics on my laptop.

I'm mainly using

Fischl- lightning bow and magic lightning bird I am not sure how to use properly  but looks cool

Xiangling and her firebear

Noelle to bash things and get bashed by things

and Amber or Kaeya when needed for fire/ ice

Also have Ningguang who I really haven't go the hang of yet at all but she makes a pretty wall spell, Barbara, Lisa of course and tagging along and pretty unused are Xingqiu and  Bennet. Though those two are pretty good for gathering expeditions.

5 hours ago, mrpranny said:

Fischl- lightning bow and magic lightning bird I am not sure how to use properly  but looks cool

I'm glad it's not just me! Sometimes it seems to attack, at others it just .. sort of ... hovers alongside me. I wish I knew the triggers to make it attack. 

I reached AR20 earlier, and now some new menus for me to ignore have appeared. My world has levelled up, apparently, which means tougher mobs. I faced a level 33 Ruin Guardian with a team still at level 20, and experienced my first loss of a party member. Guess it's time to level up some characters, artifacts, weapons, and basically everything.

Somebody tried to join my game the other night, just as I was about to log off. If it was a member of this thread, I didn't even know how to accept it, and so thought it better to just hope it went away. Nothing personal, I promise!

Fish (the easy way of saying it) - all you do is throw the bird out and it'll attack alongside you. You can then swap characters to cause elemental chains from your attacks - Diluc's a really good one to swap to. The super is kinda the same, you'll apply status to anyone you fly into and then it'll hang around attacking.

May be a range limit on it though, or it'll attack whoever's nearest. Mainly because holding down the summon button allows you to place it where you like.

Not sure if anyone can help but playing this, I had the usual controller strife that Flub had so I decided to go K+M. I can play the game fine, but when I have a conversation come up and have to select an option, I can't click anything. Same problem with the menu. I can access it fine but can't select anything, just hover over it.

*edit* nevermind, all fixed now.

3 hours ago, sammy said:

Does anybody know if there’s a way to hide your ID number? 

If you mean no random coop? Then go: Start Menu > Co-op > Reject all Requests.

Did anyone else get a Day 12 mail reward or have i reached the maximum thank you's from the developer?

Sorry can't help with that. To be honest i forgot that code was there. But i'm only playing on my laptop, and didn't think about TV burn etc.

As the game gets harder i'm realising that two Pyro in your team for the +25% ATK is not that good. Unless you own Diluc. In which case you're laughing anyway. I love the Stamina perks of two Anemo, but thats for exploration only.

You need the first two in your party to drop the elemental reaction 2.0 multipliers (and be sure to research it, because the same combo backwards is only 1.5), then you swap to your pure DPS character, who should have maxxed out ATK artifacts in as many slots as you can. Then go buck-wild with damage! The 4th slot is up to you. I was running Barbara as heal until i got Jean.

I've come to realise Chongjun is amazing! And i really like Sucrose now i switched out the MC. 

I'm AL22 now and the areas I'm exploring are getting quite challenging. I think I need to level up a good Geo character (I think I'll do Noelle and leave the main alone for a while) since Noelle has the good shield. There are some very tough electricity mobs that I need an edge against.

On 08/10/2020 at 20:08, Arn Ironjaw said:

Might explain why the game is so easy - I lucked out and have three of their best four in my party (Diluc, Fiscl and Qiqi). Can’t settle on a fourth, it seems almost redundant in all honesty. I actually quite like a Beidou for her damage counter ability. 

I also naturally ended up using the other three as elemental bots and then switching to an attack specced Diluc who just destroys everything, which seems be the suggested tactic. 

However, I have fallen off in the last few days because combat always seems to play out the same way and it’s lost it’s shine. Have only hit AR17 though so maybe things change a bit later on. 

This is my first gacha game so apologies if this is daft question but do you only get new characters from the wish system? I’m adventure rank 24 and I’ve not had new character for yonks...other problem is I’ve spent all my primogens (dumbass)

I'm AL24 and the grind to 25 feels like it's going to take absolutely forever. I've done loads of world quests already and I can't really find anything significant to do at the moment for XP. I don't even get another story quest until 26.

Any suggestions or is it just plod on exploring? I've already unlocked every teleporter

1 hour ago, Flub said:

I'm AL24 and the grind to 25 feels like it's going to take absolutely forever. I've done loads of world quests already and I can't really find anything significant to do at the moment for XP. I don't even get another story quest until 26.

Any suggestions or is it just plod on exploring? I've already unlocked every teleporter

Are you doing the things in your adevnturer's log?

51 minutes ago, Takizawa said:

Are you doing the things in your adevnturer's log?

Of course I am. 

I'm at AR25 now and things are starting to get harder. The fights for the ascension mats can be pretty tough. I can see a need for some of my other characters to get a turn.

The electro hydrostasis and the red regivine were pretty easy but man that cryo regivine.

322q0GRh.jpg

This game is interesting, eh?

I don't understand how there's such polished English VA, but menu options are "open" and "close" rather than "on/off."

Not being able to swap A/B is also madness. Switch Pro controller doesn't work, either. I've switched to KBM which seems much better.

Just now, HarryBizzle said:

322q0GRh.jpg

This game is interesting, eh?

I don't understand how there's such polished English VA, but menu options are "open" and "close" rather than "on/off."

Not being able to swap A/B is also madness. Switch Pro controller doesn't work, either. I've switched to KBM which seems much better.

It took me a while but I've adjusted to A and B being reversed now, but I'm really hoping they patch in customisable controls soon, there's a few other things I'd swap over.

3 minutes ago, Takizawa said:

It took me a while but I've adjusted to A and B being reversed now, but I'm really hoping they patch in customisable controls soon, there's a few other things I'd swap over.

The default mouse and camera sensitivity is bonkers as well. 

Currently downloading the iOS version to see what that’s like. 

Holy shit. I just got spanked hard by the oceanid. They mobs he spawns hit every character I have like a truck. They're all 40 with 40 weapons and significantly enhanced artefacts. I just could get in and out fast enough.

Who do other people take in for that fight? I had Razor, Fish, Xainglang and Barbara for heals. The first two I can ascend to phase 2 in a few more fights so maybe that would help. Barbara needs oceanid materials for her next ascension. Miss cook I can do a couple more pyro tree fights easy enough.

I'm feeling very resource starved at the moment. Especially money and level up tomes. Specifically money though. And resin takes so long to renew.

I've got three characters on phase 2 ascension but I really need to start upping their damage output. I feel underpowered at the moment. Any tips for money grinding that don't involve blowing resin?

*Edit*. I think a good plan would be to just chill and scour all those regions I unlocked the teleporters in for chests, puzzles and fights. Whenever I just do that I seem to progress faster :)

I got to AR20 today after finishing the Mondstadt prologue the other day.

There’s still a lot of stuff being thrown at me but I now get the feeling it’s about to slow down a lot, although I hope not as I bizarrely want the game to keep being good so I can pay for some character wishes. I’m really enjoying the story (ya, srsly) so would like to show my support but equally if things of interest to me just kinda stop like I’ve heard they do until the December update then there’s no real point in doing so.

45 minutes ago, tnman said:

until the December update

Just looked it up, supposedly there'll be November and December updates. Every six weeks rather than every month though.  It does slow down a little ( I'm at AR 27) but it made me look harder at what there is on the map and where to get certain materials from. I just wish the map would open up a little more. Assuming that happens at AR30.

21 hours ago, Flub said:

Holy shit. I just got spanked hard by the oceanid.

I managed to take off about 10% of its health but I limped away at that point. Assuming that it has a second phase too or a berzerk mode as it gets weaker. time passes ( not sure how those work for bosses on this )

12 minutes ago, mrpranny said:

I managed to take off about 10% of its health but I limped away at that point. Assuming that it has a second phase too or a berzerk mode as it gets weaker. time passes ( not sure how those work for bosses on this )

As far as I know all it does it keep spawning mobs at you. Kill the mobs and you deplete its health. It also removes tiles every now and again which implies a hard timer at least but it looks like if you can't kill it in that time (It's very generous) you're not killing it anyway :)

1 hour ago, Flub said:

As far as I know all it does it keep spawning mobs at you. Kill the mobs and you deplete its health. It also removes tiles every now and again which implies a hard timer at least but it looks like if you can't kill it in that time (It's very generous) you're not killing it anyway :)

The swirly ducks ended me, won't be going back for a while

1 minute ago, mrpranny said:

The swirly ducks ended me, won't be going back for a while

I reckon I could do it now with my level 48 razor and 46 Fich'l but I only need the drops to ascend Babs again and I've got other things to waste the extremely limited resin on :)

They really need to tweak some things and give people a reason to play more than long enough to do dailies and burn all your resin. Chests and world resources don't seem to respawn very fast. One key change I'd like to see is a way to earn Mora without spending resin for paltry amounts. There's enough shit competing for my resin.

I don't think the platforms ever fully disappear, it just removes a few every phase and the last phase is 4 platforms and a lot less room to move around on.

I know Lisa is considered not great, but she was MVP here, any electric type should do the business.

With my lectric dudes both at 40 with maxed out level 40 weapons I was getting seriously hurt doing the level 41 oceanid. I just couldn't kill mobs fast enough at that point. 

I had an open world fight earlier that I had to run from. Three of the big treasure hunter mobs. One electric. One fire and one water. The water guy I could have taken easily. The other two I couldn't figure out and it was a really small area to fight in. The electric guy had a electric coloured shield bar (With no visible circular shield) kinda like the geo bar but neither my fire or water attacks would put much of a dent in it. The other guy had a dirty brown shield bar (And again no visible shield) that I couldn't even scratch. 

I appreciate that this is a f2p gatcha game but I think once you hit that resin grind phase we really should be able to do more per day that we currently get. Even focusing on a single character and a single aspect of that character I could blow all my resin and get zero real progress that day. Gatcha games encourage having multiple teams for different tasks and yet this one increases the grind to epic proportions well before anything you'd consider endgame for the current patch level. It's frustrating. It's not that the game needs more content really (No more that gaas ever need anyway). It just needs ways to access what we have available for longer (or more times). 20 resin for a fight that gets you 28k Mora is just insulting. Reduce the amount, remove the resin requirement and let us grind that shit. Same with the lower tiers of ascension mats maybe (green and blue?) or just give us more rewards for our current resin spend. I need three of a specific item to ascend a weapon. I can run the domain for that item twice a week (tuesdays and Sundays). 40 resin gets me a 2 minute fight (Tops) and a *chance* at the item I need and even then only one of them. Then I also need mora to do the ascension (And other materials from other fights than need resin). Then you have to spend mora and resources to actually level that weapon. There's loads and loads and loads to do. We just aren't allowed to do it.

Stamina based encounter systems are normal in gatcha games but I don't think I've ever played one as stingy as this. Once you get to ascensions and beyond you need resin for almost everything and the small amount forces you to progress at a snails pace well before the game actually needs you to slow the fuck down. It's a weird balance issue and I'm not sure how it made it to release to be honest. If it's a deliberate way to slow down people then it was a bad design decision really.

The game is astounding for a f2p gatcha game. Probably the best one I've ever seen. Everyone playing just wants to be able to play it. For a lot of people having to wait a day for their resin to fill up is just going to make us play other stuff. I mean hell. Cyberpunk is out next month.