Ascended my current squad to Level 30. Not gonna push them to 40 just yet - I may wanna switch 'em up down the road.

I had almost forgotten it was an option until i checked my Adventure Guide. Until now i had been fighting Level 31 enemies and have been enjoying the challenge. We'll see how it pans out tomorrow now that the playing field has evened up.

Top tip: If you are trying to ascend but are missing some of the materials, go to the Souvenir Shop in the first city (that lone woman with the jewel icon), she sells everything you need.  ;)

Not been able to play as much as i'd like during the week, but as long as i can log-in and get my dailies done, along with some house-keeping, thats good enough for now. I'll play it all weekend no doubt. 

Great game! Love it.

I've been playing on PC but whenever I try to switch it over to controller I lose the ability to press anything. Neither keyboard or my XBox controller respond at that point. Has anyone else had the same issue?

4 minutes ago, Flub said:

I've been playing on PC but whenever I try to switch it over to controller I lose the ability to press anything. Neither keyboard or my XBox controller respond at that point. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Same for me.  Do you have another USB controller device plugged in?  It looks like if you have another device it thinks this is your controller, and then you're stuck.

I've got a Thrustmaster wheel and pedals, and I'm having to unplug them if I want to play.

8 minutes ago, davejm said:

Same for me.  Do you have another USB controller device plugged in?  It looks like if you have another device it thinks this is your controller, and then you're stuck.

I've got a Thrustmaster wheel and pedals, and I'm having to unplug them if I want to play.

That'll be it! I have my Hotas X plugged in from all that Star Wars Squadron fun :)

2 hours ago, layten said:

I'd already deleted this after reading about the always on kernel level 'anti cheat' driver. But they are making it even easier to do so.

They patched the Kernal Driver pretty much straight away.

As for the censorship i am pretty sure i read that this is why you see so many "Chinese & global" versions of games because of the strict rules in play and the fact that it's illegal for a company not to follow the censorship rules for their game.

I don't imagine a small company made by students would want to pick a fight with the government over censorship.

Don't get me wrong if uninstalling Genshin Impact is a way of supporting the protest then by all means fill your boots. 

I think it's reasonable to think about situations where you are supporting China's agenda, however indirectly. They are counting on our economic dependence on them to let them get away with their behaviour.

22 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think it's reasonable to think about situations where you are supporting China's agenda, however indirectly. They are counting on our economic dependence on them to let them get away with their behaviour.

Oh yeah totally, and that's why you don't have to spend a penny in game to do anything.

And once the global version is released most people will move over to that version to stop the censorship. 

Isn't she a guarateed freebie at a certain AR? I forget. Maybe you have to complete her trials which are hidden away like all the gacha stuff.

I've watched so many Youtube videos lately my head was starting to spin. I do know that saving and buying a 10 wish bundle does not equal better odds. Just roll 1 a day (from the Primogems you earn). And roll the Venti banner because of the higher drop rates. Any time you hit a 4*, the 1 in 10 chance resets itself. 

I know this because everyone more knowledgable than i said so. And still i managed a 5* sword and Jean 5* in 2 days. Off the Venti banner! A weapon that matches the character....sometimes RNG smiles upon you.  

If you're curious, i have only paid £4.99 for the 30 day boon thing. A small amount for what equates to a free roll every other day. I've been tempted to throw some RRP money at it, given the hours of enjoyment its given me, but i don't wanna get into a money versus reward mindset. 

I was already happy with my set-up, then the game gave me a top tier weapon and one of the most sought after characters within the space of 2 days. Oh joy!! Only now i have to re-think my whole team, my elemental resonance, my goals.

The game that keeps on giving. And it cost nothing. 

11 hours ago, Flub said:

How hard will it be to get Xaingling when I hit AL20? I kinda like her spear attacks.

You can get Xiangling by completing floor 3 of the Abyss, which unlocks at adventure rank 20. If you knew that and are asking how hard it is, not very if you take the right party to each chamber.

I have Diluc who is supposed to be one of the best characters, but I use Xiangling as my pyro because as you say, the spear is great fun.

I've played about an hour of this, but I still don't quite get it. Just seems like a single player game. What's the always online about? Where is the gacha?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good it isn't monetising in your face, but what is it? When am I going to feel its tendrils on my wallet?

Even aside from that I've hardly even had any combat either! Such a low energy start, I could hardly stay awake.

I suppose what I am asking is, how long should I play it to get the essence of what the gameplay is about?

24 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I've played about an hour of this, but I still don't quite get it. Just seems like a single player game. What's the always online about? Where is the gacha?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good it isn't monetising in your face, but what is it? When am I going to feel its tendrils on my wallet?

Even aside from that I've hardly even had any combat either! Such a low energy start, I could hardly stay awake.

I suppose what I am asking is, how long should I play it to get the essence of what the gameplay is about?

I think it all depends on what kind of person you are and what you want from games. 

When i first played it i completely ignored Paimon on the beach and went exploring and climbing and just enjoying the beauty of it all.

If you want to just get the linear stuff then follow Paimon from the beach to the first town and then go through a couple of the tutorials. The Gacha stuff is hidden and you access it when it allows you access to Paimon herself via the icon top left of your screen it is well hidden. 

48 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

I think it all depends on what kind of person you are and what you want from games. 

When i first played it i completely ignored Paimon on the beach and went exploring and climbing and just enjoying the beauty of it all.

If you want to just get the linear stuff then follow Paimon from the beach to the first town and then go through a couple of the tutorials. The Gacha stuff is hidden and you access it when it allows you access to Paimon herself via the icon top left of your screen it is well hidden. 

I'm just looking for a traditional JRPG experience, I guess. I'll play on a bit more and see, thanks.

3 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I'm just looking for a traditional JRPG experience, I guess. I'll play on a bit more and see, thanks.

You won't get that in a turn based sense but you will in story and sub-quests mixed with the usual grind for upgrading. 

If you like mobile Gacha stuff which is the norm you'll get the same in this game. 

I had a good run of pulls the last couple of days. Here's my current party. I have an alternate where I swap our Xaingling for the Traveller in case I need *redacted* in the second zone. Razor is my dps but I'm thinking about switching him out for Xaingling. Her speed appeals to me more.

OlxQ6e2.jpg

The devs are missing out on the big bucks though. Imagine the profits if they sold costumes for all these waifus and pretty bois :)

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

The devs are missing out on the big bucks though. Imagine the profits if they sold costumes for all these waifus and pretty bois :)

That's almost certainly coming.

I wouldn't sleep on the MC, though, as the thing that you redacted will almost certainly be expanded upon making them invaluably versatile.

I wandered away from the main story path quite early on (before you get the glider) just to see how far I could go.  I climbed some cliffs & found a couple of enemy camps & Treasure Chests before I hit an invisible wall where I got auto-turned around & Paimon told me I really should head for the waypoint.

It’s understandable at that point in the game as the glider would really help with exploration (as it does in BOTW) but I hope it doesn’t make a habit of that.

7 minutes ago, Jarik said:

I wandered away from the main story path quite early on (before you get the glider) just to see how far I could go.  I climbed some cliffs & found a couple of enemy camps & Treasure Chests before I hit an invisible wall where I got auto-turned around & Paimon told me I really should head for the waypoint.

It’s understandable at that point in the game as the glider would really help with exploration (as it does in BOTW) but I hope it doesn’t make a habit of that.

It marks areas off on the map and there's a "You're Leaving the Battlefield!" type effect if you cross their boundaries.

12 minutes ago, tnman said:

That's almost certainly coming.

I wouldn't sleep on the MC, though, as the thing that you redacted will almost certainly be expanded upon making them invaluably versatile.

Oh yes certainly so. The plan is for 7 zones and what happens in the first two kinda shows just how good the MC is going to be. The joker able to slot into any pack. Just at the moment she's not providing much utility to my current setup.

Quite a few of those aren't even in the game at the moment I don't think.

Hit adventure level 20 tonight. I don't think I'll buy the battlepass. The stuff it expects you to do is far too grindy for my tastes. My team is coming together nicely. I can now take down the ruin guardians very easily.

Top tips.

1. You can't rush the main quests. The adventure level gating is to encourage you to explore and in this game there's rewards for exploring almost everywhere. Explore. Fill in the map. 

2. You uncover parts of the map by unlocking the statues you worship at so in a new area head vaguely in the direction of those.

3. Fuck tier lists. I miss not having Amber in my team because she was a very reliable way of setting shields on fire :)

4. When you're between chapters of the main quest be sure to check your quest list. You'll probably have another "side story" open. Also while exploring remember to pick up any quest in blue. They're added as "World quests" in the log

5. Don't neglect cooking. You don't regen health naturally and cooking is quick and easy.

6. Related to that and other systems pick up anything that isn't nailed down. If it sparkles, grab it.

7. You don't need to save up until you can do 10 wishes. Do them one at a time as they become available. Every 10 you get a 4* (Unless you lucked out and got one which resets the counter) and every 90 you get a 5* (Per wish section).

8. Level everything. Your character, weapon and don't forget the artefacts. Artefacts when levelled can really enhance your character. Especially later when you get the rarer ones. In fact artefacts are probably easier to level than anything else since you get so many of the bloody things. At certain levels your artefact will gain extra effects. You can swap weapons and artefacts between characters

9. Don't worry so much about what characters you have if you can. As long as they're fun to play with you can do pretty much anything in the game.

10. You get Barbara free at AL20 and she's a great healer so don't stress if you don't pull Jean,

11. Seriously. Explore everywhere. Like Breath of the Wild if you see something that looks like it was deliberately placed there then it likely was and does something. Even a bunch of carrots at random on top of a cliff could spawn a chest.

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

3. Fuck tier lists. I miss not having Amber in my team because she was a very reliable way of setting shields on fire :)

See i was like this until i got stone shield and well to be honest i dont take much damage from anything these days. 

I second the exploring part too, things like the claw marks in the cliff face etc make me want to find out what else is out there. 

3 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

See i was like this until i got stone shield and well to be honest i dont take much damage from anything these days. 

I second the exploring part too, things like the claw marks in the cliff face etc make me want to find out what else is out there. 

Stone shield? Are you talking about Noelle here? I was thinking about giving her a try as a replacement for Razor as main DPS.

Amber is great for your exploration team because of her gliding buff. But yeah, other than that she's pretty poor.

Since i got Jean I've realised the difference between 4* and 5* (Fischl notwithstanding) is huge. Her moves are immense. Even her charged regular attack sends the enemy up into the air, and by the time you've cleared the rest of the ads, they only just land. Its so OP.