No More Jockeys

A break from this high level play to check in with the amateur league:

Latest episode spoiler:

Spoiler

Key with the last minute Hail Mary to bring home the victory!

I'm so happy for the boy. There'll be parties in pitstops across the country this evening.

3 hours ago, PK said:

A break from this high level play to check in with the amateur league:

Latest episode spoiler:

Hide contents

Key with the last minute Hail Mary to bring home the victory!

I'm so happy for the boy. There'll be parties in pitstops across the country this evening.

Spoiler

YAAAAASSSSSS MAN!

So happy for him, I actually felt quite emotional at the end.

Why didn't he get caught on the been on TV with category for Pudsey? Was the category that the person saying the name had to have been on TV with them, or just that one of them had to?

Benny has taken all my posses for today with his systematic destruction of Star Trek Discovery, but I agree with all of the above. 

I'm starting to wonder if there's some kind of handicap system they could introduce to give Key a helping hand. His main fault is not listening to or attempting to remember the categories. If he could do that he'd improve overnight.

10 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

His main fault is not listening to or attempting to remember the categories.

Yeah it's a shame really, in some ways that's quite an important part of the game.

3 minutes ago, PK said:

Yeah it's a shame really, in some ways that's quite an important part of the game.

When you think of them, they are quite important. I'm convinced one of these weeks he's going to find a way to go out on the first turn.

I think he needs to go back to basics. I admire his attempts to revolutionise the game with wildcard categories like left handers, solid gold legends and John Lewis pots but I'm not sure the game is ready yet. For now it's remembering the categories that'll get you wins. In many ways he's probably ahead of his time. But if Guardiola had been playing tiki-taka in the 80s he'd have won fuck all.

Highly controversial game this week.

So many implications for the wider game.

Spoiler

Key absolutely robbed. Is this the moment that will seal the deal for introducing VAR?

An enforced timer is thrilling - but is it too thrilling?

Watto doesn't drink wine and wins the set after an astonishing rally vs Horne. Will we see this revolutionary tactic become the new norm?

Fucking delighted they're doing best of 5 sets. At least two more to come! I never want this to end, has become the signature start to my weekend and the perfect tonic to clear my mind after watching the latest clusterfuck of a Discovery episode.

Spoiler

Key so unlucky this week. It wasn't specified whether it was surname only though so by the letter of the law he had to go. And what a rally that was to finish. Imagine there were loads of missed challenges but I couldn't spot any as I watched along, though I did get fixated on the No More Biblical category and spent ages thinking there MUST be a Noel (there isn't).

35 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:
Spoiler

It wasn't specified whether it was surname only

Spoiler

I initially thought that too - but then check out 4:27 in the video!  It's an outrage!