No More Jockeys

Does anybody watch this? It's a great sort of mini-panel show that Alex Horne, Tim Key and Mark Watson have been playing over Zoom earlier in the year during lockdown, releasing a new episode each week. 

The rules are: They have to name someone, real or fictional, then specify a category based on them to narrow the range of people the other two can subsequently name. It can be a category about any verifiable aspect of the person or their name, so things like:

"Spike Lee - no more people whose surnames can be first names"

"Sylvester McCoy - no more names with the same letter twice in a row"

"Rick Astley - no more singers"

"Pat Butcher - no more people whose surnames are professions"

They can randomly challenge each other to "Name another?" after setting a category, so that they're not just setting one that only applies to the person they've named.

The difficulty comes from the three of them trying to remember all the categories, because they're a bit pissed, and creating ridiculous categories that eventually make it completely impossible to name anybody, because they're a bit pissed.

There are 14 episodes so far from 'Set 1' on their YouTube channel:

And at midnight tonight they're doing a live watch along on YT of the first game in Set 2:

It's a series which, when you think of it, is really funny. Over.

I've been absolutely lapping this up. Three of my favourite comedians. Also really enjoy the Bad Golf channel with Alex Horne and John Robins.

Spoiler

Tim Key is my favourite of the trio. I hope he gets his act together for set two. Penelope Pitstop has ruined him far too many times.

8 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

I've been absolutely lapping this up. Three of my favourite comedians. Also really enjoy the Bad Golf channel with Alex Horne and John Robins.

Reveal hidden contents

Tim Key is my favourite of the trio. I hope he gets his act together for set two. Penelope Pitstop has ruined him far too many times.

Oh nice, I wasn't aware of Bad Golf!

Spoiler

Key's got to buck his ideas up and let Penelope go. His over-reliance on no more left-handers also smacked of desperation towards the end of the set. Not what you want to see in the game at this level.

51 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

Have you seen We Need Answers? Spoof quiz show featuring these three that was on bbc four years ago. It first introduced me to the trio. Several full episodes are on youtube.

I hadn't. I've just watched an episode and frankly the rest of the afternoon's a write-off.

Thanks for the heads up on this, very enjoyable so far. Though not one to watch episodes back to back as I get confused with the exclusions from previous sets. :doh:

Key questioning whether a bird is an animal was pretty funny but then he outdone himself trying to argue Penelope Pittstop didn't race as a career :lol:

It is a genuine slice of delight every Friday. I was lucky enough to find it very early on in the run and I’ve been recommending it to almost everyone I know since.

Brilliant to have it back after a very brief but upsetting break. I was (mentally) yelling at Key to name Mansell as his alternative early on in the latest game, so was ecstatic to see him get there.

First got introduced to the game under the name "no more women". I think it was Adam Buxton playing it on Youtube. We use it as an icebreaker game when I'm doing group training. Found it to be way more fun and way less cringe-worthy than any other ice breaker acivities. Also extremely stressful. "Bruce Lee, no more martial arts stars" WHY ARE THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET MY BRAIN CAN CONJURE UP NOW JACKIE CHAN AND JET LI?

48 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

Spoilers for latest episode

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck's sake, Key. I thought you'd turned a corner.

The lengthy jizz discussion had me in stitches.

Spoiler

Google's confirmation of Moses being Deceased cracked me up. I love that he took the time to check if you could change a letter in "Moses" to make a fish.

(latest episode spoiler)

I re-watched episode 7 the other day which, when you think of it, is probably the best episode. The pizza intro  :lol:

On 02/10/2020 at 15:21, PK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Google's confirmation of Moses being Deceased cracked me up. I love that he took the time to check if you could change a letter in "Moses" to make a fish.

(latest episode spoiler)

I re-watched episode 7 the other day which, when you think of it, is probably the best episode. The pizza intro  :lol:

Spoiler

Don't drink stuff, you're going to make it worse.

It'll go into mine, probably.

Anyone up for a game while we wait for Friday to come around again? Put categories in spoilers so you can't just scroll up and read them all. Dance to start.

Linford Christie.

No more people who, when you think of them

Spoiler

Have a car manufacturer anywhere in their name.

In this case Ford.

Although actually in fairness I don't know anyone with those words in their names.

Sue Pollard

Spoiler

No more double letters in first names or surnames

Interesting. I'm not sure the plural of key lime pie would be keys. Or that if you were in a restaurant ordering dessert the waiter would know what you meant if you asked for 'the key'

There's a discussion to be had there though for sure.