IGNORED

Peacemaker - The Suicide Squad TV spin-off

JohnC

Just watched the final and it was so good. This show has been amazing.

I can't believe 

Spoiler

they actually managed to get some of the Justice League to turn up. Of all the things in DCEU to finally have the big superhero team turn up to help, it was this. Fantastic stuff.

I'm a massive MCU fan but I think is genuinely better than any MCU TV show and I've really enjoyed most of them too.

That was brilliant. This time yesterday I'd not even watched TSS, now I've finished that and just polished off Peacemaker whilst pretty much rocking a massive grin the entire time. I don't have a lot too add that's not already been said; Cena is great at both the comedy and the more dramatic elements. I don't know if it's outright stated but it's pretty clear Chris is suffering from a lifelong case of PTSD, right? 

Also, for those interested, the song PM, V and Dyebeard are listening to in the van just before

Spoiler

White Dragon attacks them

is also by Wig Wam - it's one of my favourite cheesy songs and was actually Norway's entry for Eurovision 2005.

Anyway, by far my favourite superhero series; only The Boys and Daredevil (S1) are in the same ballpark and I enjoyed this significantly more than both. 

Echoing everyone here, an amazingly good show all round. And good God, Cena can actually act. The whole cast was so good honestly. 

Gunn's just poured everything into this and nailed it. I hope DC let him loose on some more obscure DC characters, it's so much more interesting than the usual big DC characters, that end scene just cracked me up. 

If anyone's wanting more decent DC stuff like this I recommend trying Doom Patrol. 

On 19/02/2022 at 15:38, Starbreaker said:

Cena is great at both the comedy and the more dramatic elements. I don't know if it's outright stated but it's pretty clear Chris is suffering from a lifelong case of PTSD, right?

I think it's probably the most extensively covered part of his character. Definitely in the second half of the series, but it's out in the open from the beginning.

As with other sentiments here - I loved this. After The Boys and Daredevil, this is probably in my top 3 for superhero series. I'm a big fan of the mature comic stuff, I think I'm just holding out for Dredd next.

The intro / title sequence is hilarious though. It's so comically average, it reminds me of Better Call Saul where they intentionally cut the title sequence short to make it feel amateurish. Loved it from start to finish and Vigliante just shot up into some of my favourite DC characters based on that alone.

Heard this was really good. 

Just finished the first episode but I nearly quit after 20 mins. It wasn't good. 

The humour is fucking terrible. Like it's specifically written for 16 year old stoners. 

Will stick with as heard it gets better as it progresses but it's not grabbing me. 

Edit: 3rd episode was much much better!

On 23/02/2022 at 20:36, Ry said:

Heard this was really good. 

Just finished the first episode but I nearly quit after 20 mins. It wasn't good. 

The humour is fucking terrible. Like it's specifically written for 16 year old stoners. 

Will stick with as heard it gets better as it progresses but it's not grabbing me. 

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But even considering this is an gaming forum, I'm loathe to remember reading something I disagreed with more in the 18 years I've been here. 

What's next? Are you going to call Resi 4 a  big pile of shit? 

2 minutes ago, Starbreaker said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But even considering this is an gaming forum, I'm loathe to remember reading something I disagreed with more in the 18 years I've been here. 

What's next? Are you going to call Resi 4 a  big pile of shit? 

That's fine. Those first two episodes were fucking childish and just not funny though. It's getting better. Cena is great. 

Just watched the last three episodes back to back and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Easily the best superhero show or movie out there. Funny, fun, but actually has some real depth to it. The stuff about Peacemaker's past was unbelievably dark.

And that ending. Can't believe they got them to show up just to get cussed out. :lol:

And 

Spoiler

Adebayo blowing open the whole Belle Reeve/Suicide Squad thing is just bonkers. Interested to see where they take that.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Thor said:

Lol, you may as well pirate it, better quality than the asbolute dogshit you'll actually pay for with Now TV and Sky.

Fucking hell. :facepalm:

Keeping PAL speed-up alive too! 

3 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

I hope its all up at once as my deal runs out at end of the month.

The Sky trailer says all episodes on 22 March.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed that, it's good but I felt Gunn could have edited it better with what they had. I think they neglected creating tension and replaced it with stuff that didn't quite hit the shock-value of something like what Super did.

Cena was amazing and the other characters grew on me - although I had a feeling they were being a little bit too open with their dialogue; giving a bit too much exposition at times, but I was glad that they all had some things that they didn't open up about.

Still it was really good and Peacemaker was very likable, I feel like it's one of show's where there was a better version of it in there but we'll never know.

(Unless there's a director's cut)

• 1 month later...

This was fantastic. John Cena is such enjoyable company, and not only funny but great at being vulnerable, be it stomping around in his undies or pawing for affection at his dad. Peacemaker’s character is entirely rehabilitated by the end. 

Of comparably high quality to The Suicide Squad. Please, if a Marvel/DC crossover ever happens, let Gunn do it.