Secretlab Chairs.

1 hour ago, Muz said:

Their customer service got in touch early afternoon to ask if they should cancel my order. I replied within 15 minutes saying I'd prefer to be refunded the difference but if that isn't possible then please cancel and I'll reorder. 

No reply for the rest of the afternoon and of course I've just had shipping confirmation stating that once items are shipped, the buyer is responsible for return costs. 

Does anyone know if i can refuse the delivery and it will get sent back to them so i don't have to endure the cost of return? 

I wouldn’t go that far, pester them on Twitter. I’ve seen reports of them honouring the match going back to the 19th.

25 minutes ago, sprite said:

I wouldn’t go that far, pester them on Twitter. I’ve seen reports of them honouring the match going back to the 19th.

I don't have any social media and my wife doesn't have twitter. Hopefully customer service will respond tomorrow with a solution 

They just responded and agreed to refund the difference which is good of them. Seems like i had two different people corresponding with me, a few minutes earlier i got an email saying they can't help as the order had been processed and i should refuse delivery... 

Now back to being excited about my batman chair! 

That Batman one looks pretty sweet, tbh. If it had the yellow Burton Batman logo and yellow stitching it'd sway me.

I'm fighting for the pink D.Va one. Can't be arsed waiting until January for the cookies & cream fabric.

11 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

These look ace. I've got an ancient Ikea chair which was, like, £110 at the time (about a decade ago?) so £400 for a chair you're going to get hundreds and hundreds of hours use out of doesn't seem too bad.

I've been self-employed/working-from-home for five years now. I estimate that to be 15,600 hours worth of potential use.

That doesn't include gaming time.

Had two days working with my Omega now, which is the perfect size for me.  I can adjust it so I get my feet on the floor, arms at right height, cushions in right place.  I’m 166cm and usually buy 30” length jeans.  I’ve angled the armrests in as without doing this they’re too wide for me at rest (this amuses me as I always thought I was broad shouldered).  I also find myself taking one arm off when I’m doing a lot of typing, but I think that’s a bad habit from prior chair, I can definitely rest both arms on when I’m typing.  

So I do get some aches - bum really - no doubt from being in a different position to what I was used to.  But I shift around, change the recline a bit, relax back for less than interesting conference calls etc.  I’m in the chair with little break from 0830 to 1830ish. Oh, and on Friday I went back at 2030 to 2230 to play games.

Reports online suggest there’s a bit of a breaking in period which I’m obviously in.  I feel like I’m adjusting to sitting upright/better, which is long term what I really want.  With my IKEA chair I was always leaning forward and never had my head on the rest so I know my posture was appalling. 

I like it very much :) but it’s true it’s on the firmer side of things 

118E4C09-0B39-472A-A5E8-D023D5CCEEDE.jpeg