Secretlab Chairs.

Ordered a Secretlab Titan in softweave black last night as I've heard good things about them. Anyone here have one? Are they as comfy and durable as the price suggest?

Looked at a fair few reviews and they all seem to be positive. Won't be here until mid November so if I do get cold feet I can cancel.

Secretlab_SoftWeave__BLACK__3@0.5x.jpg

I have one. It's great. Very comfy. Mine is in the cookies and cream (grey and black). Helped my back ache loads and the pillow is the comfiest thing I've ever felt. 

The only complaint I have, and it's a fairly niche one I imagine, is that you can't swing the arms down, so it's hard to play guitar whilst sitting in it. You can move the armrest back and to the side slightly but not enough, so you have to sit on the edge of the seat to play guitar. 

Other than that, I love it!

Not a guitar player so that won't effect me. ^_^

Good news on the back complaint as I suffer too.

Is it quiet? I've had various chairs that clunk or squeak which annoys after a while so hoping a premium priced chair will be relatively quieter.

44 minutes ago, Pug said:

Not a guitar player so that won't effect me. ^_^

Good news on the back complaint as I suffer too.

Is it quiet? I've had various chairs that clunk or squeak which annoys after a while so hoping a premium priced chair will be relatively quieter.

Yeah mine doesn't make any noise at all. 

It's also very, very heavy. 

You're on a hiding to nothing posting that here. If it isn't an Eames orthopedic office chair or something it ain't worth shit.

Game chair. Humph!

I've got one btw. Fucking love it, does wonders for my back.

Lol, I was expecting a few comments. I was actually thinking of getting the Herman Miller Logitech Embody chair so heads would have popped here, but I thought better of it and the Secretlab chair is a third of the price. :)

44 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

My brother in law bought that one. I was embarrassed for him as I sat spinning slowly in my much nicer grey and black softweave. 

Yeah but he gets to sit brooding in it, while wearing a turtleneck,  pretending he’s Michael Keaton of a night.

On 22/09/2020 at 11:07, Harsin said:

Yeah but he gets to sit brooding in it, while wearing a turtleneck,  pretending he’s Michael Keaton of a night.

Imagine Bruce Wayne’s friends asking him where he got all the cool Batman merch 

Titan here too. Got it around Xmas after getting fed up with cheapo chairs (and I couldn't afford a Herman Miller). Initially, I thought it was too firm but seeing I've used it pretty much everyday since lockdown whilst working from home, it's either softened up a bit or I've got used to it. Either way, I don't give it a second thought now and appreciate the posture support it gives. Would recommend them to anyone after a decent gaming (or office) chair. Only other niggle is the sizing - I'm 5ft 10" and I'm probably right on the borderline of the Titan and Omega sizing. I'd probably benefit from a footrest cos the Titan is a fraction too high for me to rest my feet comfortably flat on the floor. It's not really an issue and if I had my time again, I'd still go for the Titan as too small a chair would be more annoying. More likely just a wierd individual sizing thing (length of my legs?). Thing comes in a huge cardboard box!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice chair. Doesn't look very "GAMER CHAIR" at all.

I wish they didn't do the embroidered signs on the middle of them, or at least gave the option to not have them. I need a WFH desk chair and want something a step up from the Ikea Markus that I used through Uni.

Thanks, I was worried I might be a bit wide shouldered for it but it feels like it was made for me.

I get what you're saying with the embroidered sign, but you can't see it when you're sat on it. :P

I've been considering one of these, probably an XL for my fat arse.

But one thing I cannot find (although I've not searched that hard) is... does it have an unlocked mode? Like where the back isn't fixed at an angle but sprung and will move with you backwards and forwards? My main work office chair and my one at home (okay but not great) offer this and settings to change the tension and therefore level of springiness and I love it.

10 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I've been considering one of these, probably an XL for my fat arse.

But one thing I cannot find (although I've not searched that hard) is... does it have an unlocked mode? Like where the back isn't fixed at an angle but sprung and will move with you backwards and forwards? My main work office chair and my one at home (okay but not great) offer this and settings to change the tension and therefore level of springiness and I love it.

Not the back, no, but you can have the whole seat tilt backwards/back to normal. 

• Pug changed the title to Secretlab Chairs.