WandaVision - 15 January 2021

So does the end reveal mean that

Spoiler

Agatha created everything, and is controlling Wanda and framing Wanda as the villain

or

Agatha is controlling Wanda and making Wanda create everything and act the villain?

I wonder if at the end of the run we see

Spoiler

Dr Strange turn up and magically clear Wanda's mind of Agatha's control.

1 hour ago, NickC said:

So does the end reveal mean that

Hide contents

Agatha created everything, and is controlling Wanda and framing Wanda as the villain

or

Agatha is controlling Wanda and making Wanda create everything and act the villain?

I wonder if at the end of the run we see

Reveal hidden contents

Dr Strange turn up and magically clear Wanda's mind of Agatha's control.

Spoiler

Agatha is making everything go wrong for Wanda, She's forcing Wanda to realise that her world isn't real, trying to break her out of it?

There's been so much stuff found from the latest episode doing the rounds on the internet, including some hidden messages in the opening credits.

I'll add them in the spoiler, nothing too major but interesting all the same. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

And another interesting little theory is to a character that's been mentioned a lot but never seen, again spoilers below.

Spoiler

Agnes's husband Ralph is in fact Ralph Halley a magic obsessed old Atlas comics character (like, Jimmy Woo) who made some appearances in old horror comics in the fifties and one issue where he ends up in possession of the Necronomicon.

Some people speculate this is Woo's missing Witness Protection person as well. 

I’m kind of shocked that I’m enjoying this as much as I am. It was probably the least interesting of the Disney+ shows on announcement and the promos made it more of a curiousity than a must see.  A large part of that is the cast, who are absolutely nailing it. Olsen and Bettany in particular are spectacularly good at times, and Hahn has been incredible.  The first couple of episodes were a bit slow (but still enjoyable) but from episode 3 on, it’s the breeziest 25 mins of tv in ages. 

regarding the the aerospace engineer 

Spoiler

I’m kind of surprised that I didn’t hear more suggestion of it being Skrulls prior to the episode, mainly because it makes MUCH more sense than Reed Richards given Monica’s history with them.  It just fits better.  I suspect people were just really hoping they’d go there after Evan Peters was revealed as it would have been huge if they’d done that.

About the reveal of the last episode and my rubbish theory as to what it means

Spoiler

Not a massive surprise given, even with the (now revealed) attempt at misdirection with her encounter with Vision - which I liked that they even explained in the montage with her basically being all like “haha I was just pretending, it’s not that deep”.

My guess is that she’s after her children, there’s a few things I think that hint she was trying to get them to age so she needs them to mature to maybe draw power from them.  West view is a way of controlling that and she’s playing off both Wandas grief and guilt of previous events to enable her to manipulate her into wanting to live this life.  

i think there’s more to it than that though.  I think there’s something else that hasn’t been revealed that is playing on Wandas guilt - hence the deliberate question of “do you think this is what you deserve?”.  She knows that what she’s doing has at least some moral problems after her conversation with Pietro in the Halloween episode. But I think there’s something that means she thinks this is the lesser of 2 evils - not sure what it could be though. There’s a hint that people are dead, but I think if Wanda was somehow responsible for the deaths of the people in there, it would have been picked up by people by now.

Im trying to not get too hyped up by theories at the moment as there are some really interesting ideas out there and part of me thinks the big reveal isn’t going to be that clever.  Given there are only 2 episodes to go though it feels like they have a lot to fit in them still!

I wonder if the first line of the next episode will be

Spoiler

“Who?”

or

”I don’t even know who you are.”

or my preferred,

”Who the fuck is Agatha Harkness?”

It's an interesting show, but it is dragging whatever plot it has out for as long as it can.  I feel like Lost, that even if they climbed out of Zeus' butthole at the end, the payoff wouldn't have been worth the journey.

Agree with all the comments r.e. the performances, they're all great.

9 minutes ago, Bucky said:

It's an interesting show, but it is dragging whatever plot it has out for as long as it can.  I feel like Lost, that even if they climbed out of Zeus' butthole at the end, the payoff wouldn't have been worth the journey.

Agree with all the comments r.e. the performances, they're all great.

We'll see how the last two episodes go, but I disagree at this point. 

Lost was dependant of the reveal of the big mystery to create a satisfying ending, which it could never do as they were either stretching the idea or just making shit up.

In Wandavision is set up such that whatever's behind the hex, and story of how it came to be, is less important than how it resolves the character situations.

Spoiler

Potentially triumphant / heart breaking, maybe a bit of both

^ these are good points.  At one point I thought it was a pretty interesting treatment of grief and trauma, if so the resolution of this will be interesting.

Maybe I'm just a man who needs more  "lasers out of faces" man these days. 

1 hour ago, monkeydog said:

n Wandavision is set up such that whatever's behind the hex, and story of how it came to be, is less important than how it resolves the character situations

This aged well. :p

Lots of answers and set up. Nearly everything is on the table ready for the finale. And I have no idea what’s going to happen. 

Another mid credits sequence btw

12 minutes ago, Scruff said:

They did it

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.73a5a82a09954a104425e73cf1e9763e.png

Going to be a lot to  resolve next week with only 12 mins of show time and 38 of credits.

Spoiler

I’d love it if that’s the answer to clue/hint/spoiler he dropped is that the amazing actor Bettany’s always wanted to work with us himself :)

Ah, right. I thought...

Spoiler

It may have been some other kind of new character, just in vision's shell so to speak. I haven't read the comics. To be honest I took the white colour as the equivalent to a dodgy moustache on an evil twin. 

But if that is actually Vision, the one who remembers everything from Infinity War, that will be awesome. :)

Just now, Thor said:

Ah, right. I thought...

Hide contents

It may have been some other kind of new character, just in vision's shell so to speak. I haven't read the comics. To be honest I took the white colour as the equivalent to a dodgy moustache on an evil twin. 

But if that is actually Vision, the one who remembers everything from Infinity War, that will be awesome. :)

comics spoilers

Spoiler

In comics he comes back white after being taken apart as an emotionless machine.,

He might have the memory but chance are he’s Swords weapon 

Just now, Thor said:

Ah, right. I thought...

Hide contents

I can't find a post of mine in this thread (I'll be honest, I'm too lazy to go looking) but I gave a very brief summery of the comic storyline that this is semi cribbed from. 

Basically 

Spoiler

Vision is captured and disassembled by various organisations due to worry over his links to Ultron. He is rebuilt without any of his emotions and he bleaches all colour out of his outfit, hence the white look.

Solid finale setup there. So for next episode we have:

Spoiler

Wanda and Agatha having a magic fight in the street.

Wanda’s fake Vision on the way (probably to help her?)

White Vision on the way (probably to attack Wanda?)

Monica with her new powers right there (she was outside Agatha’s house last we saw and as far as we know wants to help Wanda)

Pietro (confirmed as not the reanimated corpse of ATJ but we have no idea who he is or whose side he would be on)

I enjoyed that but I thought the execution could have been better. 

Spoiler

I wish it was Vision going through the memories Wanda in another illusion set up by Agatha.  It would be more like Clementine and Joe running through the memories in Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind.  The two work so well as a two hander and it would have been about their relationship and Vision realising he isn’t ‘real’.

It is why the scene with Vision at the Avergers HQ is the clear stand out.