IGNORED

WandaVision - 15 January 2021

JohnC

2 minutes ago, drmick said:

Any links to such online discussion?

Spoiler

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/movieweb.com/amp/wandavision-aerospace-engineer-identity-teyonah-parris/

"When I, well... I can't wait to see what y'all's reaction is when you learn who the aerospace engineer is,"

I mean it could work as a ‘lol fooled you!’ at people’s reaction but I think it’s sincere 

7 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Hide contents

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/movieweb.com/amp/wandavision-aerospace-engineer-identity-teyonah-parris/

"When I, well... I can't wait to see what y'all's reaction is when you learn who the aerospace engineer is,"

I mean it could work as a ‘lol fooled you!’ at people’s reaction but I think it’s sincere 

Spoiler

I mean it could be *a* Skrull, but unless it’s specifically Talos or something it’s hardly a mind blowing reveal.

It would be more of a surprise if they were Kree.

Of course, if we want to grimly hold on to that Reed theory a bit longer, I doubt the Major built the thing themselves.

1 hour ago, drmick said:

Are you sure on this? Neither the character's name nor the actor's name gives any hits on Google.

Just what I saw on Twitter.

18 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Is this week's an hour long? Sure I read that the last three episodes are meant to be. 

The overall runtime was stated at some point and doesn’t fit with the current episode length which is why people are speculating about longer episodes.

16 minutes ago, Broker said:

Just what I saw on Twitter.

The overall runtime was stated at some point and doesn’t fit with the current episode length which is why people are speculating about longer episodes.

A lot of this runtime speculation seems to be based on not counting the credits which is, well, not usually how you officially count runtime. 

That being said, it does seem like we've still got a lot to cover if we've only got 74 minutes of runtime left unless the plot speed really ramps up. 

One thing I’ve seen more of as the show’s gone on is articles from some critics lamenting that the show has been abandoning the sitcom stuff in favour of the Marvel stuff, which...

Spoiler

...really does a disservice to how good the show’s sitcom homages have been throughout. Like the little nods to The Office this week, with things like the wobbly zoom in on the funnel truck, or Vision’s Jim Halpert expression at the camera.

And obviously Agatha’s Munsters theme.

That was a fun episode.

Spoiler

Having not read the comics, I don't know who she is, but the "IT'S BEEN AGATHA ALL ALONG!" song had me roaring.

Such a funny way to subvert the Lost-style mysteries that  have had people pouring over every frame.

Decent episode, but probably the most filler-y episode they've done. It's basically 5 minutes of progression and 20 minutes of wheel spin. 

Spoiler

Agnes was always going to be more than just another resident, so the intrigue was entirely who she is. I can't say I know the character, but on looking into it further it's another thing pointing towards there being more going on here.

I'm intrigued where it's headed.

I dunno whether I've had a complete brainfart but I'm sure Vision looked a bit different this week. To me the 'trim' around his head is green, but today it was much more of a silver. 

20 minutes of wheel spin?

Spoiler

That’s a reference to vision sitting in the ice cream truck?

one thing about the show is that no sooner have you guessed a, b or c than the characters react to it. There’s none of that character sitting entirely blasé because

Spoiler

Where are the kids?

They look around, ask the question, and then act on it.

I’m surprised there’s been no comment on how...

Spoiler

Monica has blue eyes and super-strength now. Has she... mutated?!

That was a great episode I thought. Really fun and exciting. The reveal at the end was fantastic. 

8 minutes ago, MemoryLeak said:

Yeah I absolutely loved this, and couldn’t really explain why. But I wasn’t bored for a second. It feels like it’s made with such care, and it flits between comedy, tension, drama, and overblown Marvel nonsense with ease. It’s fun. 

Its one of those shows you savour every moment and you're sad when you see you a third of the way through. 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

I’m surprised there’s been no comment on how...

Reveal hidden contents

Monica has blue eyes and super-strength now. Has she... mutated?!

That was a great episode I thought. Really fun and exciting. The reveal at the end was fantastic. 

That was explained last week.

Rather enjoyed that episode in spite of not getting on with its theme - I dislike most 'talk to the camera' stuff. 

But what others have said is correct, it was mostly filler, the last five minutes did some serious heavy lifting.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

That was explained last week.

You’ll have to remind me - in the last episode, did they talk about how the hex was altering Monica’s DNA? 

Spoiler

Because if so, that’s different to her being a legit superhero, which she now seems to be. That’s a big development, no?

In the last but one episode they very much played on the “you’ve been rewritten twice”, and given that the character has a very specific comic history the consequences of entering the bubble again were predictable.

see also “ how did Bruce banner become the hulk, or Peter Parker become Spiderman”

15 minutes ago, Popo said:

You’ll have to remind me - in the last episode, did they talk about how the hex was altering Monica’s DNA? 

Reveal hidden contents

Because if so, that’s different to her being a legit superhero, which she now seems to be. That’s a big development, no?

They talk about it in the last episode, and show it in this episode. Seemed a natural progression to me.