Virtua Fighter Appreciation Thread x

1 hour ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Vf3tb for the win. 

The failure of the Saturn meant that my personal preference for fighters 95-00 had been namco fighters on the playstation, so the problem with 3tb was that it had direct competition from Soul Calibur, and DOA2 :eyebrows:

so it was always a distant 3rd, despite Dural showing off metallic textures, and being VF.

I loved VF1 and 2 back on the Saturn. VF2 was an amazing conversion and the most impressive 3D fighter on a 32bit console. 

I never really got into 3TB on Dreamcast, next to Soul Calibur it just looked dated and felt sluggish. 

VF4, and later on Evolution, was the pinnacle of the series for me. Every Saturday I’d meet up with my best mate and we’d play it for hours, winning streaks constantly going back and forth between us, always ending up back around 50/50 by the time we finished. My Lion vs his Kage. Amazing times. I had an import copy of Evo which included a port of VF1 with Lion and Shun added to it which was cool.

VF5 was a fine game too, but it just didn’t quite live up to its predecessor, or perhaps we just didn’t have the same amount of free time for marathon VF5 sessions. 

Anyway, for me it’s my favourite 3D fighting series. A new entry in the series would be amazing...

1 hour ago, Darren said:

I will go to my grave insisting that VF4Evo is the best fighting game ever made. Why oh why isn’t Quest Mode standard in every other fighter produced since?

Nice one for saying that, it's a reason I'm so excited. I liked what Namco did with the original soul calibur. These games are unreal. I picked up four sega/sega titles and got change from £20. PS2 RGB is pretty decent too.

88986749_10157812242360803_5750847727718

Jūnen hayain-da-yo!

My fave is 3TB as well. Great stages,music and roster and the best intro out the whole series !

I love Final Showdown too, great that you can use the classic music.

One of the all time best fighting themes! the arcade original goes even harder, but this has a great outro.

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

88986749_10157812242360803_5750847727718

Jūnen hayain-da-yo!

My fave is 3TB as well. Great stages,music and roster and the best intro out the whole series !

I love Final Showdown too, great that you can use the classic music.

One of the all time best fighting themes! the arcade original goes even harder, but this has a great outro.

Fabulous :)

On 20/09/2020 at 00:19, Darren said:

I will go to my grave insisting that VF4Evo is the best fighting game ever made. Why oh why isn’t Quest Mode standard in every other fighter produced since?

It also has one of the best tutorial modes in existence in regards to actually teaching you the fundamentals of a fighting game, that's only been recently matched by a fair few games in this current generation (Skullgirls, Killer Instinct, Guilty Gear Xrd).

CEX have VF4 Evo for silly cheap. 

I fancy grabbing VF5 Final Showdown for b/c on my Xbone X, but I don’t fancy playing with a Microsoft controller. Sadly my Madcatz TE stick is for Ps3. Maybe Teknoparrot emulation is the best option there.

18 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

CEX have VF4 Evo for silly cheap. 

I fancy grabbing VF5 Final Showdown for b/c on my Xbone X, but I don’t fancy playing with a Microsoft controller. Sadly my Madcatz TE stick is for Ps3. Maybe Teknoparrot emulation is the best option there.

I played this a bit on ps now/ps4. I'm really excited about evolution..

My tekken 5 is also here. I fully intend to play Virtua Fighter 4 seriously though.

(Put some time into it)

I even checked out the vf4 Naomi cabinet. I decided to keep that side of it to

Daydreaming and I'm happy with what I have :)

IMG_20200926_123810.jpg