IGNORED

Monster Hunter: Rise. Sunbreak confirmed for June 30th, 2022

HarMGM

Hermitaur was a bit tougher than I expected, thought I would stroll it having genocided them in 4. I'm also way rustier than I should be, taking hits I really shouldn't have. I don't actually know why I bounced off Rise, never even fought Chameleos and had to do a huge update! I possibly thought I'd just pick it back up when this came out. I was right. One fight was enough to remind me that this is the best game!

I’m still bouncing between the last bits of Rise and the opening sections of Sunbreak. Took a break from crabs to go murder a Teostra and I’m trying to complete all those Dango side quests that are cluttering up my log. It’s all brilliant. 

There can't be too many games that are still giving you new tutorials when you're over 100 hours deep... 

It's really tough in High Rank armour, but I haven't liked any of the MR sets I've seen so far. Also, I have, like, 20 skills, and will lose so many of them if I just get the standard Kamura set. But, Tetranodon put me down once and so I now think I should bite the bullet and ditch fashion for damage control. There's no way I'll be able tp stand against that MR Barroth in my rarity 6 clown suit.

I wish I didn't care so much!

Done 2 of the brand new monsters now loved em both. Just hit MR4 rocking the gunlance.

I get some major Dragons Dogna vibes from the follower quests and general look of the new hub and the armor the villagers wear.

13 hours ago, Melon_Bread said:

Just hit MR4 rocking the gunlance

I have yet to try it because HH remains incredible fun, but feel like correctly setting up Switch Styles could make it the most awe-inspiring of weapons. Rocketlancing after one of those insane Jungle Great Wirebugs will be quite the thing.

Oh god. Got to MR4 and realised while I'd been happily doing Longsword "old style" the new moves etc completely change it and I've been really ineffecient.

Time to learn a whole new style

48 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I have yet to try it because HH remains incredible fun, but feel like correctly setting up Switch Styles could make it the most awe-inspiring of weapons. Rocketlancing after one of those insane Jungle Great Wirebugs will be quite the thing.

It's been good so far, and I haven't even got the new move everyone is raving about yet.

Finally got Bullet Barrage, it's the cherry on the cake of the Gunlance.

You surge forward after loading everything, wyrmstake, wyvern's fire, all bullets, the lot, and then unload it into the monsters face all at once!

The hooks are back in! There's just so much to do, so many things to tick off, it's a never-ending game. I've looked through at all the things I've yet to do, and there are some 2 and 3 star hub quests I never bothered with. Anooyingly, there is also a side quest to deliver 2 Qualty Wyvern Eggs. Sigh ... I was probably better off not letting myself get completionist, because now the only thing that matters is getting that damn Dango!

Which counter are you using?

The new tempered slash and sacred sheath are really good.

The old sheath skill might be a bit easier to pull off but they nerfed it’s counter damage quite a bit 

2 hours ago, Hexx said:

Which counter are you using?

The new tempered slash and sacred sheath are really good.

The old sheath skill might be a bit easier to pull off but they nerfed it’s counter damage quite a bit 

I think the old one — but I’ll check. 

It’s another great example of why MH is so good, though. You can muddle your way through with a lot of weapons (and potions!) but then there’s this whole other layer of depth there too. 

2 hours ago, StephenM said:

I think the old one — but I’ll check. 

It’s another great example of why MH is so good, though. You can muddle your way through with a lot of weapons (and potions!) but then there’s this whole other layer of depth there too. 

There's two new ones.

The immediate counter and slow sheath/charge is amazing for DPS. Doing like 1.5k damage fully charge (MR4 gear)

The Tempura Slash is a great immediate counter, but I've not been able to fit it in as it shares a slot with Sakura Slash (which is amazing bar builder) and Helm Breaker. Helm breaker's not as good as it was but is a good dps filler while waiting for the sheath charge opening.

I use Red Set - Sakura/New Sheath, Blue Set - Helm Breaker/New Sheath. 

Still not finding serene pose must help and the new ring move is good, but so situational. How often does a monster stay that still, plus you can't sheath.

Humblebrag time! I managed to look quite epic here. (Also, a PSA for anyone who still doesn't know how amazing the Hunting Horn is, and in particular the Earthshaker Silkbind which is so powerful it guarantees a Wyvern Ride against non-target monsters.)

In still chipping away at Rise so will be a long time before I get Sunbreak, had the game over a year and only just finished 3* missions 😅

I do love the game though, I tend to just pop on every now and then and kill a couple of beasts then stop playing and repeat, which it's kind of perfect for