Hogwarts Legacy - TERF war

Also @Doctor Shark - "TERF wars" was the phrase that JK Rowling used to link to her blog post defending her views. But I'm not sure if the blog post itself ever had that title; I thought it was originally called that before being renamed, but all the copies on archive.org only have the current title, "J.K. Rowling Writes about Her Reasons for Speaking out on Sex and Gender Issues".

But your topic title says "war" not "wars". Completely different!

48 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Only just noticed the blatant Avengers theme tune rip-off at 2:11 in that trailer.

23 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Thats the Harry Potter theme :huh:

It's a stylised and rearranged version of the Harry potter theme that is very, very similar to avengers for a second, for sure. A lot more bombastic than the original Harry Potter theme (actually known as Hedwig's theme). 

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

He did? I could've sworn some Avengers stuff came up when I asked Alexa to play John Williams. It must've been something else. :ph34r:

Sometimes Alexa plays things similar to rather than directly by, so it may well have come up. 

Even besides whether billionaire JKR will notice or care if someone boycotts this game, or whether the devs are impacted - my thinking is that JKR created that world and now she has tainted it. I totally understand if someone simply doesn't enjoy that world anymore because it reminds one of its creator.

41 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

It's a stylised and rearranged version of the Harry potter theme that is very, very similar to avengers for a second, for sure. A lot more bombastic than the original Harry Potter theme (actually known as Hedwig's theme). 

I know this. They also did the bombastic version for the films too.

This is the same studio that worked on the Disney Infinity games so yeah they have been busy a long time. Looking forward to it and my daughter will love it.

Between her trans serial killers entrapping women in “safe spaces”, Irish bomb fetishisers, “halal takeaway bags” and Cho Chan Chinaman, this game will have more bigoted stereotypes than the average Call of Duty game.

• 2 weeks later...