Jump to content
IGNORED

Hogwarts Legacy - TERF war


Captain Kelsten
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 24/04/2022 at 21:39, nakamura said:

Yep. I still love HP, it comforts me when I'm sick and I'm reading them now in hospital. But Rowling has caused damage in terms of herself and her writing. The second beast film wasn't good at all. The first was actually quite good I thought though. 

She just seems to be stuck down a weird rabbit hole. I get what she wants but she's hurting the wrong people to get it. 


What she wants is to make the world worse for marginalised people because she’s a bigoted cunt. There’s no good intentions gone awry here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She wants complete safety for women. Given the Tim Westwood story, among many others, we are so so far from that. She's a damaged woman, who has become utterly unhinged by the thought a man will pretend to be a woman to hurt another woman. 

 

We are so far from equality. We pretend we aren't but we are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tim Westwood didn't have to pretend to be a woman to hurt women. Neither did all the other abusers who have come to light in trhe past decade. She's concocted some bogeyman figure that only exists in her and other TERF's head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/05/2022 at 00:36, Gambit said:

Tim Westwood didn't have to pretend to be a woman to hurt women. Neither did all the other abusers who have come to light in trhe past decade. She's concocted some bogeyman figure that only exists in her and other TERF's head.

 

Possibly better for a different thread but I can understand where she's coming from even if I feel that she's directing her worry at the wrong group of people. Surviving a sexual assault completely changes your threat assessment perception by turning it up to 11. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, QuackQuack said:

 

I didn’t realise they showed a bit more of the game.

 

There’s some actual gameplay in this video but it still looks a bit slow and ropey.

 

Watching that it feels so incongruant. The player marching around throwing spells left and right, obliterating people and goblins. You're playing the evil hardened dark wizards right? The idea that you're a student just fucking people up seems so at odds with the concept.

 

The original story suggests the same problem for me to an extent. I actually prefer it when it's some kids getting up to hijinks and wandering into trouble. As it escalates the idea just seems stupid. And the comparative incompetence of fully trained adult wizards stands out as somewhat weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

 

Watching that it feels so incongruant. The player marching around throwing spells left and right, obliterating people and goblins. You're playing the evil hardened dark wizards right? The idea that you're a student just fucking people up seems so at odds with the concept.

 

The original story suggests the same problem for me to an extent. I actually prefer it when it's some kids getting up to hijinks and wandering into trouble. As it escalates the idea just seems stupid. And the comparative incompetence of fully trained adult wizards stands out as somewhat weird.

 

Yeah, I suspect this isn't the whimsy that Harry Potter fans are after unless this has been designed for just the one house. I mean some of those magic spells just looked brutal! Taking a goblin and repeatedly smacking him into the ground? In terms of misreading the tone of the work this feels similar to that Lord of the Rings game with "sexy" Shelob.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 27/04/2022 at 22:20, nakamura said:

She wants complete safety for women. Given the Tim Westwood story, among many others, we are so so far from that. She's a damaged woman, who has become utterly unhinged by the thought a man will pretend to be a woman to hurt another woman. 

 

We are so far from equality. We pretend we aren't but we are. 


I may watch too much Special Victims Unit (I DEFINITELY watch too much…) but it makes you wonder what maybe happened to her to be so broken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Festoon said:

The Collectors Editions of this sound like straight-up rip-offs.


It’s exclusive to Game and all versions are still available on their website. The CE for Horizon Forbidden West which were also Game exclusive sold out almost immediately in comparison so by that very small sample size maybe this won’t be as popular as I thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regular version for us mere mortals is only 40 quid (ps5) at Argos right now, which seems reasonable both in terms of price for a preorder, and limiting funding going to TERFs...

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8446006?

 

PS4 version is cheaper too, but no confirmation (or even hint of) free upgrade.

 

Now I just need to decide if I actually want to buy / play it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Corranga said:

seems reasonable both in terms of price for a preorder, and limiting funding going to TERFs...

 

There's only one reasonable price that limits funding going to TERFs, and it ain't £40 at retail.

 

(Just wait a week and buy second hand).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game is arguably the best example of consumer boycotts never working - here's a game a that is both funding a TERF hate campaign and it looks shit if we're brutally honest. Yet people are still falling over themselves to throw money at it because "it's Harry!"

 

Edit: not directed at anyone in this thread. I see a lot of excitement on social, which surprised me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Graham S said:

I encourage anyone thinking about maybe not buying this, not to buy it. 

 

You could play the Witcher 3 instead, which seems to be about 90% of what it's copying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.