Next Gen - What Are You Getting At Launch?

What’re ya buyin’, stranger?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, now we know prices and release dates, so what’ll it be?

I’m going to have a little ponder, but I’m not sure either has convinced me to part with the best part of £500 on launch day, and I’m not interested in an all digital console.

Total apathy to both of them so far. I couldn't even be fucked to face the cable management hassle of getting one of them plugged in and setup. One killer game for each would have been enough, but there's not even a Resogun this time around.

Series X, it’s interesting that we are basically in pc upgrade territory now - I’m getting a Series X because the games I already play will run better with higher frame rate - I’m not really bothered about exclusives on launch and will no doubt end up with a PS5 when something is on it I can’t miss out on - VR 2 probably!

PS5 Disk, and Xbox Series X (Also just pre-ordered a Quest 2)

Games wise xbox:

2 years Gamepass

Cyberpunk a week later

PS5

Spiderman. 

(I have sold my X, PS4, Switch and Oculus Quest in the last few weeks and got good money so I'm not spending as much as you think)

Neither. I gave made it through this gen with a PS4 and Switch, and was considering buying a Series S to enjoy the start of the next gen whilst paying through some XB1 games during the drought.

But, stepping back, I think I world be smarter to buy a cheap XB1 and enjoy games that I missed on that until the next gen really gets moving and hardware prices start dropping.

Of course, I say the same every gen and end up getting one at launch. We'll see.

Series X. 

I'm subscribed to Gamepass until sometime in 2022 so it's going to take the content I'm already signed up for and make it a better experience. 

Not sure about the PS5 right now, just waiting for Geoff Keighley to release a few more details about it. 

Both. Digital PS5 and a Series X (would have bought a digital only Series X too if there was one). 

I’d figured on them both costing £500 each at least up until we found out the prices and so they both feel like a bit of a bargain. 

I’ll buy them both eventually anyway and almost certainly before either gets a price drop and so I might as well go in at launch for that Day 1 excitement. 

XsX and PS5 digital for me and I'll be playing nothing but cross gen games lol - Miles Morales, Yakuza 7, and Cyberpunk.

What an amazingly disastrous generation transition :D There's fuck all, they both need another year :D Amazing scenes :D

The more I think about the more I realise I don't need the PS5 at launch. 

I'm thinking maybe to wait until God of War 2 hits.

I know after I finish Spiderman in a couple days the console wouldn't get a look in for months, even years. And I would contemplate selling it.

26 minutes ago, layten said:

RTX 3090.

Sounds good to me. 

After that miserable showing from Sony, I’m fairly sure that both they and MS should have just decided to delay their new consoles for another year. I’ve been pretty excited about the new consoles, but the last couple of ‘shows’ have been awful.

Another year and I suspect things will look rather different.

1 hour ago, Ry said:

The more I think about the more I realise I don't need the PS5 at launch. 

I'm thinking maybe to wait until God of War 2 hits.

I know after I finish Spiderman in a couple days the console wouldn't get a look in for months, even years. And I would contemplate selling it.

Spider-Man is coming to PS4 so there’s even less reason for new console purchase.

I suspect I may upgrade the kids creaking original Xbox One to a Series S given the price point as they only use it as a Gamepass machine and its on its way out anyway which gives me a foothold in the next gen camp, but as Horizon and Spidey are cross gen I’ll be keeping my PS4 for now. I game mainly on the PC currently and hopefully my 1060 can keep up at lower settings for another year or two...

PS5 for Demon's Souls. Will cancel though if PC version of Demon's Souls gets better confirmed between now and PS5 release.

Might get a 3090 card for PC too, if I can shift enough old stuff off my shelves.

Decision has been made...Series S only

I skipped the Bone generation and only bought a PS4 for Bloodborne. Admittedly I also played some damn good games on the PS4 as well which was a nice bonus.

As much as I want to play Demon's Souls, if it's coming out on PC then I can wait (will prob also come out for XBox as well)

I have a 4K TV but at the distance I sit from the TV, 1440p upscaled to 4k will be good enough and with Game Pass already paid until 2022 it will also save me from "having" to upgrade my PC to play current gen games.

Will still pick up a PS5, but definitely not at launch

1 hour ago, Ry said:

PS5 Disk, and Xbox Series X (Also just pre-ordered a Quest 2)

Games wise xbox:

2 years Gamepass

Cyberpunk a week later

PS5

Spiderman. 

(I have sold my X, PS4, Switch and Oculus Quest in the last few weeks and got good money so I'm not spending as much as you think)

Can we all come your house and play it! Ten mins each

Probably nothing, which is a shame. The Series X is really hard to justify when I’ve got a PC and an Xbox One. Watching the show, I was pretty sold on the PS5 and the price was a little below what I expected...But if the game prices are accurate, then lol no.