Jump to content
IGNORED

FFXVI announced - PS5 and PC


RubberJohnny

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I'm so hyped for this. It looks like a real return to form, although tbh I was one of those weirdos who really enjoyed XV.

 

You're not the only one! I love FFXV - I don't know what I'm doing in combat most of the time, but I find the whole game charming and utterly bonkers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JoeK said:

 

You're not the only one! I love FFXV - I don't know what I'm doing in combat most of the time, but I find the whole game charming and utterly bonkers.


Yeah I fucking love XV, it’s such a fantastic game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the new setting and cast are one of the great joys of being an FF fan. 
 

Interestingly I’ve had a few conversations with students recently where I’ve had to explain to them that the series doesn’t link together at all. One student asked me where I’d recommend as a good starting point, and after extolling the virtues of XII he asked me if it would be confusing if he hadn’t played the other 11, and I had to explain that there’s nothing in any of them that links to anything else. Then today we were watching the XVI trailer and one of them asked if Noctis would be in it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JoeK said:

 

You're not the only one! I love FFXV - I don't know what I'm doing in combat most of the time, but I find the whole game charming and utterly bonkers.

 

56 minutes ago, Broker said:


Yeah I fucking love XV, it’s such a fantastic game.

XV is magnificent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given the incredible success stories of more recent titles like FF XIV and VIIR, it seems like Square’s internal devs are better now than they were - be that better organised, better funded or better led I don’t know, but their ability to plan and execute a well received RPG in a timely way bodes very well for XVI. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

It really does. Let's hope this doesn't turn out to be an incomplete game like its predecessor. That one was stuck in development hell for ages though, so I guess FF XVIs development didn't start with that disadvantage. 


I can’t see SE ever letting another game get into the situation VersusXIII/XV got into. They ended up giving Nomura years and so much budget, are then the scope was kept the same when there was a generational change that massively increased costs. It was a completely unique situation, and I think I’ll always be disappointed in how it turned out compared to what it could have been, but much like XII I actually think that it’s weird development ended up contributing a lot of its unique feel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've pre-ordered the standard edition at The Game Collection.

 

The most recent "proper" games in the series that I really got into were XII and VII Remake, but this is looking quite interesting. And it will be a nice timesink to get into if there's another summer of nothing else being released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I've pre-ordered the standard edition at The Game Collection.

 

The most recent "proper" games in the series that I really got into were XII and VII Remake, but this is looking quite interesting. And it will be a nice timesink to get into if there's another summer of nothing else being released.


In fairness there’s only been one proper game since XII

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Lots of previews coming in fast for this - it really does look absolutely awesome.

 

Although, I'm concerned I'm not gonna get a PC version for an absolute age, which sucks a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And of course, EG have put up a short article effectively saying: 

 

"We have no fucking idea when a PC version will come out."

 

https://www.eurogamer.net/yoshida-confirms-final-fantasy-16-wont-be-on-pc-six-months-after-ps5-release?fbclid=IwAR10nTuyKD3hkQ7QtEyG0uBhcuyaWdhDyUzi8ay-2SA7BhKpBlPk2FAG83I

 

I know the exclusivity wouldn't be the only reason we don't have a day one release for PC as well, but it sure fuck doesn't help. I wouldn't have been moaning had they not screwed up and put that 'available on PC' bit on the initial trailers we saw!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks and sounds like DMC-lite so far, which is fine, but I would like to see some non-combat content soon.

 

What is there to do in the world other than fighting, basically. 

 

This guy breaks the combat down. Eikons sound like dmc style switching a bit. Garuda is devil bringer

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stir fry said:

It looks and sounds like DMC-lite so far, which is fine, but I would like to see some non-combat content soon.

 

What is there to do in the world other than fighting, basically. 

 

This guy breaks the combat down. Eikons sound like dmc style switching a bit. Garuda is devil bringer

 

 

Is there ever anything much to do in Final Fantasy other than to get stuck in to an epic (and usually incomprehensible) story and fight stuff? I mean, that's what I buy the games for, I don't ever want them to become much else than that. But if the combat has been kicked up a notch, then that's all good for me I reckon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JoeK said:

 

Is there ever anything much to do in Final Fantasy other than to get stuck in to an epic (and usually incomprehensible) story and fight stuff? I mean, that's what I buy the games for, I don't ever want them to become much else than that. But if the combat has been kicked up a notch, then that's all good for me I reckon.

I really liked blitzball in X and Triple Triad in VIII. TT in particular added a ton of depth to junctioning and developing your characters and gave a great reason to just explore towns doing more relaxing content

 

Until some motherfucker spread the '[Random]' rule throughout a region and destroyed the minigame for however long it took to get rid of that rule 😠

 

Even VII Remake added Fort Condor with the DLC, which I also liked and I think will make Rebirth a much better game than Remake. Speaking of VII in general that had shitloads of optional content, chocobo stuff for instance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.