IGNORED

Ted Lasso - Apple TV show with Jason Sudeikis

dfq23

4 hours ago, Hexx said:

You can see some of the arcs dovetailing in as we approach the last episodes, but I still think S1 was better,

Reveal hidden contents

Jamie confessing to Keely was properly out of left field given this season, but at least it made the conflict with Roy this week make "sense".

I worried we might be done with ASH but he's back. With evil goatee, evil black turtle neck and whispering into Nate's ear....

I’d definitely agree that s1 was better so far. There are parts of 2 that are too whacky, some that are too saccharine and some that are too serious and it doesn’t always gel together. 

I thought that was a brilliant episode again, fantastically written.

Spoiler

When Ted was telling the story about his guilt over his father, that hit me personally as that is / was exactly how I felt in similar circumstances.  Sensitively done and really well acted.

On 02/09/2021 at 23:29, jon_cybernet said:

Has anyone been following the ‘Roy Kent is CG’ debate? 

7A27B8B3-9C80-4AB4-A625-D8D4C5B972D9.jpeg.84a6eb29f71fe1885e684e43570d8a36.jpeg

Basically a rumour started recently that Roy Kent is actually a computer generated character and not an actor. Various Internet Sherlocks have been finding ‘proof’ for the past few days. Apparently Apple are using the show as a Trojan Horse to try out their secret AI technology. 

Today, Roy Kent ‘actor’ Brett Goldstein finally broke his silence.

Think we can safely put this one to bed now. 

Hmmm… 🤔 

21 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I don’t think they know. The writers seem to be crowbarring in very jarring conflicts just for the sake of it now. 

Hard disagree, they’ve been building up to this at least all season, and it’s entirely consistent with his character all the way back to to the very first scene he was introduced. 

Twist at the end of the episode.

Spoiler

[spoiler]Yeah, I think the Nate thing has been being built really cleverly over the course of the past two seasons. The Twitter scrolling, the restaurant thing, his ego has been being built up over the course of two seasons by Ted's over effusive praise. Add the Keeley scene showed, it's not going to end well for him.

[/spoiler]

On 26/09/2021 at 21:24, mirodo said:

Hmmm… 🤔 

I wonder if this is why there is less football this season, must be tough and expensive to do any scenes with a crowd.  

And when I think of a age, I feel sorry for whoever has to clean these mirrors in all these places he visits, disgusting.

Spoiler

The timing of him trying to take down can’t be great though, Ted has got them within a game of promotion and has got support from basically everybody who already knows about it.  It becomes more bout `Nate then Ted because we know he is in better place now.

22 minutes ago, Timbuktu said:

I wonder if this is why there is less football this season, must be tough and expensive to do any scenes with a crowd.

No, Ii's how crowds are nearly always done since well before the pandemic. It's generally much more expensive to shoot with real people. Building the initial assets are expensive but once you've got them rolling it out over x number of shots isn't too costly. 

All crowd replication is imperfect - it's the devil's work. In this instance though it's the same company using the same techniques as the first season. They might have been able to use less tiling during the pandemic but that's only a viable technique for a small number of shots in the first place.

I really enjoyed the interplay between Ted and the Doctor.  I thought that she was a great character.

Just twigged that

Spoiler

"Son of a bitch stole my move".

Good Will Hunting, Robin Williams being the psychiatrist.

Just binge watched the whole thing in around a week - what a brilliant, brilliant show this is.  Fantastic characters and performances, and a feel good factor not dissimilar to Parks and Rec in places.

Very interesting to see the plot development in the 2nd season - it's very cleverly written.

I waited for S2 to be all out so have caught up (i think im on episode 9).

I like it still but this feels so different to S1. I really don't think i've enjoyed it as much as it just feels like not much has actually happened. 

And season 2 done

Really the finale continues the muddled storytelling from the season which is a shame. It’s still…fine…but the actors and their energy are doing a lot of the heavy lifting 

Spoiler

That odd. I thought it went out of its way to avoid questioning Ted’s positive philosophy. 

So many conflicts set up and side lined or answered off screen (eg Dubai Air issue and loss of income being solved by ‘venture capitalist). 

Nate’s ‘turn’ would be a good time to address impact of his approach and seemed to be being set up for that, but the confrontation (despite being well acted) focused on his childish issues. 

Good season, but far too bogged down in ITV-esque relationship drama between Keeley & Roy. There were also side stories that were wrapped up fast or fizzled out. It’s clear there’s a lot of talent in both the acting and writing side, so I’m not sure what happened overall with S2.

I just finished season 1. If you’d have told me a fortnight ago my new favourite TV show would be a 30 minute Apple TV+ football drama based on an advert for a sports channel I’d have had you shot.

Edwin’s scene 😂😂😂😂

I liked the series overall, went to some pretty unexpected places at times that was very un-series 1 to give it a different feel but I still enjoyed it. Christmas episode was just pure saccharine, shame they didn’t hold it back as a one off special nearer the time.

Looking forward to 3, some nice arcs to develop and evolve.

Football is life!

3 hours ago, GwiDan said:

I think it continues to be great. Different tone to season 1, but more of exactly the same wouldn’t have been too interesting either. 

This, completely. It can’t always be the same. Apparently Jason Sudeikis has a 3-season arc planned for it anyway, so I’m intrigued as to where it’ll go next season.

It’s still by far my favourite thing on telly.