Ted Lasso - Apple TV show with Jason Sudeikis

dfq23

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @elmomentioning this a few times on TCGS I gave this a go today and can only echo all the comments made so far,  Only two episodes in but it is already so heartwarming without going too far, and Ted is an instant hero that you want everything to work out for.  It's a nice feel good antidote to everything going on around us in the world at the moment.  Fantastic.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm rewatching this at the moment and  letting my football mad 11 year old watch it (which I almost certainly shouldn't).

Its still brilliant on a rewatch, but I am  nervous about the 2nd series. I want more Ted Lasso, but it needs to be on par with series 1.

Watching it again and appreciating how good Sudeikis is. It a brilliant performance - the little speech he gives playing darts is just fantastic.

I'm a little nervous about the 2nd series too, this felt so well judged and considered first time round and had the benefit of being made without expectation. The characters really shone and it was so heartwarming.

The worry is 'Flanderisation' - all the characters being amped up to what people liked about them first time round at the expense of everything else, plus the worst thing they could do would be celeb cameos, 'Hi Rio Ferdinand, lets punk Roy together'.

I really hope its more of the same as its one of the best shows I've watched in the last year, not long til we find out. 

The wholesomeness of this show is balanced on a knife edge. It masters the impossible task of being the most saccharine thing on the planet, but not being pandering or frustrating.

I think it's a masterpiece in that regards.

But it might be an impossible task to maintain.

49 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Jeez guys, have some faith. Listening to you is like Woody Allen playing a clarinet, I don't wanna hear it.

I believe in hope. I believe in Believe.

Damn you're right. I'm not being very Ted Lasso right now. 

I believe too!

51 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Jeez guys, have some faith. Listening to you is like Woody Allen playing a clarinet, I don't wanna hear it.

I believe in hope. I believe in Believe.

Well said, I'm going to eat a shortbread to cheer me up

• 3 weeks later...

First review out for the new season and super glad to see it seems a good as last season, review from IndieWire gave it a A-

Conclusion:

“Ted Lasso” still feels like “Ted Lasso,” and while there will be a lot more to say about the season once everyone has seen it, for now, that’s an incredible relief — and an impressive triumph.

@KartoffelKopf Yes! just finished a rewatch with my wife last night, wonderful stuff.  Roy Kent is a great character, I hadn’t realised the actor who plays him is one of the writers on the show.  

I see the guardian gave it a 2 star review, opinions and all that but he talks about Ted’s character being arrogant?! Surely up there with their Chernobyl review as completely off the mark.  

I did read a couple of reviews yesterday for season 2, one mentions that the first 10mins seems a bit odd/off but don't worry as it returns to form after that and is more of the same.

Posting as a PSA so nobody gets worried.

I'd be so disappointed if this was crap as the first was just so nice.

Todays it the day :)

Eld0qb6U0AIGhoh.jpg

Just a heads up, one of the reviewers advised the first episode is the weakest of the new season, then massively improves, so don't be disheartened if it doesn't seem upto the high level of the previous season.