IGNORED

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake

mdn2

• 4 months later...

Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Because sometimes the river gets blocked, by beavers or shopping trolleys or monstrous fatbergs and stuff, and then the river gets diverted and the people downstream, their river dries up to a trickle and they all die, while the new path of the river causes floods and devastation and disease and deaths.

And that is why we have to work nights and weekends for a few more months.

• 1 year later...

Guessing they wanted to charge full price for this, but saw the feedback from the Internet and realised people were expecting a budget title.

Back to the drawing board!

I've been working my way through the trilogy  - beat sands of time last week. Still a decent game but the combat is pretty terrible for the most part.

They could really expand on a few things for the Remake so I still think the original is worth playing.

Working through warrior within - the combat whilst better definitely takes a bit of getting used to. Level design is great although much harder to know the path ahead this time round.

Anyway I hope the remake comes eventually but im certainly not expecting anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Especially when you consider how many half arsed remakes and up scales we’ve been subjected to over the years…you think they’d slap a HD filter over it or whatever they do and call it a day - it seems perhaps they’re going for a full on Resident Evil 2 ground up remake. 

Played the first two games recently. I would say, cancel this and just make a brand new game. I'm surprised that didn't just call POP a remaster and be done with it - maybe they have other plans for the POP games though after the remake.

9 minutes ago, DarhkFox said:

Played the first two games recently. I would say, cancel this and just make a brand new game. I'm surprised that didn't just call POP a remaster and be done with it - maybe they have other plans for the POP games though after the remake.

I read that the game was handed to a studio that had no experience with the engine Ubisoft forced on them, since they'd only really done support and assets up until then and that it wasn't really designed for all the stuff you can do in Sands of Time. Hence it going to a different studio and not having much to build on.

I imagine the idea was that the devs would cut their teeth on the POP remake then kick on from there with original titles but they skipped the part where they actually had any engine expertise to begin with.

It wouldn't surprise me, it sounds like a Ubisoft thing to do, when they're not busy harassing people anyway.