Dame Diana Rigg has died aged 82

Oh no! She was fantastic. The sci-fi society at university used to play episodes of The Avengers, in which she had an incredible on-screen presence. She was no less sharp and commanding of your attention when she was in Game of Thrones half a century later. RIP.

RIP

When she was married to Archie Stirling they lived in the village I’m from (or one of the places they lived anyway).  As a young child in the early ‘80s I made a run for it in M&S in town and was scooped up by Diana Rigg - my dad was very quick to assure my mum he can go retrieve me :lol:

This is really sad, my grandad loved the Avengers, and I think she was probably the first adult woman on TV I had a little crush on when I was a kid, I remember thinking so was so beautiful. She was also incredibly cool, and has the distinction of being a major character in one of the few Bond films that’s actually different. Great in GOT as well.

:( 

Remember watching Emma Peel leave and and Tara King come in and feeling a sense of loss. Felt that hearing this the other day. Never met the person but it was a genuine moment of " oh shit, no"  RIP.