Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity - Nov 20th 2020. Demo on the eShop now!

Bojangle

It gets tough doesn’t it, I’ve started focusing properly on the weapon fusing now and building teams to make use of the various abilities each character has - before I was just Link all the time whenever possible :D

I’m still really shit with Yunobo though.

I finally got 100% on the map last night...

Spoiler

I was hoping if there might had been another small cutscene or something but I'm not surprised nothing happened.

also:

Spoiler

Going by the time travel shindig this is basically an alternate timeline at this point right? Since the Calamity ended 100 years before Breath of the Wild making that game pointless.

From what I’ve read we’ve got

Spoiler

Two timelines

one where Tarroka makes it to the past and one where he doesn’t. BOTW2 will be set in the original timeline.

zelda has done the multiple timelines thing before so it’s par for the course

I have mixed feelings about the ending but it was indeed epic, and what a ride - the story and production values are through the roof. It’s an excellent addition to the Zelda franchise and one of the most enjoyable games I’ve played on Switch - it’s just an absolute blast from beginning to end.

Also the sheer volume of post story content it drops on you :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh well:

Dear kerumba,

On Friday May 28th 2021, the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pass was made available for purchase on Nintendo eShop. Buying the Expansion Pass entitles users to a special Purchase Bonus of equippable items that can be used in-game immediately.

Unfortunately, an error on Nintendo eShop led to the Purchase Bonus being briefly made available to all users. Furthermore, downloading the Purchase Bonus without buying the Expansion Pass gave the impression that the Expansion Pass was then purchased, when this is not the case. As you are one of the users affected, we'd like to apologise for this error.

Currently, users who downloaded the Purchase Bonus without buying the Expansion Pass are able to equip the related items in-game. However, once Expansion Pass Wave 1 – Pulse of the Ancients becomes available, these items will no longer be usable unless the Expansion Pass is purchased. This will not affect your save file or ability to play the game.

Users affected by this issue are currently unable to purchase the Expansion Pass via Nintendo eShop. This will be resolved once Expansion Pass Wave 1 – Pulse of the Ancients is released, at which point the purchase button will be accessible again.

Once again, we apologise for this error and any inconvenience caused.

Nintendo

On 28/05/2021 at 19:36, Strafe said:

Can confirm this worked as of 3 minutes ago.

I feel a little dirty but I think I’ll get over it.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/05/hyrule_warriors_age_of_calamity_expansion_pass_appears_for_free_thanks_to_an_eshop_exploit

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/hyrule_warriors_age_of_calamity_free_expansion_pass_exploit_fully_closed

nintendo sent me an email to apologise for the inconvenience of me sort of nicking their stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the Expansion Pass this morning and played for an hour or so. As well as the mandatory new battle locations unlocking on the map, it also adds a new workshop with a branching line of quests. Each of these quests require a specific amount of items to unlock, amounting to what are essentially buffs and new  upgrades to help with the endgame. For example, you can now buy health apples, you can reduce the number of items required for cooking and I'm guessing more things like that.

Forgot how good this game is and I'm really hoping for some more story cutscenes in the DLC as I really enjoyed the main story.

I might have to go through the campaign again, but all jacked up and find those remaining chests and Korok Seeds.