IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

11 hours ago, MatOfTheDead said:

anyone having issues loading game this morning keep getting xbox error (0x87e10bea)

I'm having trouble streaming video, none of my streaming apps work (Netflix, hbo, Disney). Just did a reset of my console but it's now hanging on an update :(

16549783834133817641334125143550.jpg

It’s been working fine for me all day. I played Forza Horizon 5 and streamed Now TV and Prime Video without any problems. I had the outage a few weeks ago but haven’t had any problems today.

My Xbox has completely freaked out (hopefully) as a result of this outage. I can’t open any games or apps, even stuff like the blu ray player. Very annoying. 

All the systems seem to be working again, but I hadn’t realised just how little you can do on an Xbox if the internet and/or Xbox Live goes down. You can’t play digital games or even watch films on DVD or blu ray.

I get that online functionality won’t work if there’s no internet access, but it seems amazing that you can’t play digital games at all, and it seems doubly bonkers that you can’t even access most apps. I understand that the Xbox has to periodically check if you have the license for a game, but surely they must have accounted for wonky internet? It may as well be a streaming box if nothing works without the internet. 

I thought that too. I guess it’s a bit more serious when Xbox Live itself goes down rather than just one person’s internet, which is presumably harder to cater for. But I couldn’t do anything - even my list of downloaded games wasn’t displaying. You couldn’t open the settings app. 

9 minutes ago, K said:

I thought that too. I guess it’s a bit more serious when Xbox Live itself goes down rather than just one person’s internet, which is presumably harder to cater for. But I couldn’t do anything - even my list of downloaded games wasn’t displaying. You couldn’t open the settings app. 

Same. Very frustrating.

33 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Did you try actually taking it offline?

I don’t know how you would do that - I unplugged the Ethernet cable to see if that would work - but I suspect I would have struggled given that no apps of any kind would even open. 

It's odd, my Series X worked completely fine all of last night. I was playing The Quarry and using the rewards app and store even while reading about other people having problems even loading a game. I don't really understand why Live going down affects some people but not others.

5 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Network settings > Go offline.

That wasn’t obvious at all. I mean, I was offline. The problem was that I couldn’t get online. It’s a very Microsoft solution to the problem to go offline when you’re offline. It’s like pressing the Start button to turn off your computer. 

I don’t think I could even have opened the settings app anyway. 

I think it times out eventually when trying to get licences for digital content and that lets you into settings etc. 

mine took about 5 minutes then it happily let me in to use Plex. 

I think that offline it works fine, if everything is set as your home console you're good to go. But what happens in this situation is that the console is online and sees the servers - but the handshake times out. And then nothing works because it's stuck in limbo between actually being offline and checking in with the servers. Going offline at that point also doesn't work began it remains stuck in that limbo until it can phone home. That's the way I understood it  but I might be wrong.

13 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Tomorrow is going to make 2013 look like a good show. There I said it. 

Low expectations? I'm optimistic about tonight to be honest. With Starfield getting delayed they have even more to prove than usual. And they don't want to lose the current momentum they have. At 95 minutes running time they could have some good stuff in there.

You gotta do what?

Spoiler

o9y94abuq36a8JnjD6zegyhZjSoXF0qig_fCC-Lvk8A.thumb.png.7b2f18a4cd7c28a599960110be157bf0.png