IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

Both Xbox and PS stores are bollocks of the highest order. I don’t understand how it’s so difficult to make these things vaguely user friendly. 

3 hours ago, JoeK said:

Both Xbox and PS stores are bollocks of the highest order. I don’t understand how it’s so difficult to make these things vaguely user friendly. 

I'd say this is true of the vast majority of services isn't it? I cannot think of a store or content serving (i.e. streaming platforms like Netflix) system that does a genuinely good job of what I'd consider some very simple elements.

Be it not presenting simple sorting options. Or offering useful categorisation. Or not filling half the results with promoted options.

I can only assume that in someway there is money to made by obviously terrible choices across the board. Or at least no money to be made by offering a better service (be that lock in, or it not leading to increased expenditure, etc)

I used to love visiting the Wii store, although obviously that was mainly down to the banging music. 

Join in if you know the words. 

'Ninja Gaiden 1...

'Ninja Gaiden 2...Ninja Gaiden 3...

'crusnusa'

1 hour ago, Jolly said:

I used to live visiting the Wii store, although obviously that was mainly down to the banging music. 

Join in if you know the words. 

'Ninja Gaiden 1...

'Ninja Gaiden 2...Ninja Gaiden 3...

'crusnusa'

Aaaaaah!

Very odd behaviour from my Series X this morning. It's very well ventilated as in it's sat on my hearth next to the TV. 

But it started making a popping noise internally. Like popcorn being made. 

Switched it off and back on happened again. Turned it off the spotted a dead woodlouse on the top? Could that have got inside and caused that? 

44 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Very odd behaviour from my Series X this morning. It's very well ventilated as in it's sat on my hearth next to the TV. 

But it started making a popping noise internally. Like popcorn being made. 

Switched it off and back on happened again. Turned it off the spotted a dead woodlouse on the top? Could that have got inside and caused that? 

Did you not see my video on the previous page! 

4 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Did you not see my video on the previous page! 

Just seen it. Very similar indeed. Goddamn creepy crawlies.

Given me some relief that has so cheers. 

I found out by chance this week that Capcom Arcade Cabinet on the Xbox 360 (back compat) is effectively £6.78 for the "cabinet" itself and all the games. The all games pack is reduced to £3.39 this week and the cabinet part is the same price so for £6.78 you can get all 17 games and the means to play it. They are all fairly old games from the Capcom catalogue (Ghosts n Goblins, Commando, 1943 etc) but I was most pleased to get the lot for such a low price.

Thought it was worth bringing to attention for any other retro fans as I only think it's available for another day or 2. 

What is up with Microsoft’s movie store?

You can’t search by actor or director and what you want’s often not even there. It’s like a poorly stocked regional video rental store.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just rubbish?

I hope not as I doubt it'll be out until 2024.

I just want to see games, ideally including gameplay footage, that could come out before the end of 2023. I don't think there's any benefit in more teaser trailer announcements of stuff that's years away. I realise I'm a broken record at this stage repeating that message but I firmly believe that Microsoft need to start delivering on their promises before they start making new ones. 

For instance, it'd be nice to get confirmation this year that IO are working on that rumoured Dragon RPG but I feel like it'd mean a lot more if they held back on that until they could show some proper gameplay as well.

I just ordered the official seagate series memory expansion thing. Apparently it plugs straight in the back of my X. Can I still have my other non series memory expansion plugged in at the same time and use both (one for series games, one for one game) or is this pie in the sky thinking?

5 minutes ago, sandman said:

I just ordered the official seagate series memory expansion thing. Apparently it plugs straight in the back of my X. Can I still have my other non series memory expansion plugged in at the same time and use both (one for series games, one for one game) or is this pie in the sky thinking?

Takes whatever is in the slots and counts them towards total storage in settings. Just plug them in and off you go.

The telly in my front room keeps turning my Series S on, and I can't find a way to stop it. I've got HDMI-CEC disabled on both the console and the TV, but if I turn the telly off after having played the Xbox and then turn the TV on later, while it's still on the Xbox HDMI input, it'll automatically turn the Xbox on as well.

I want the same setup as the Series X, which I have upstairs: turning the console on via the controller turns the telly on as well; turning the console off via the controller turns the telly off.

59 minutes ago, sandman said:

I've got the memory expansion and 2 external USBs plugged in. The only problem I have is what to have installed on the fast storage.

All eyes on Sunday then.

With MS briefing press they’ll release 5 games in the next 12 months, I’m cautiously raising my expectations about Sunday’s show being a good one (with some gameplay).

don't we already have an idea about that though? there's Forza 8, Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2 and Starfield, maybe one or two of those might get shifted out of the 12 month window but at the moment I thought that's what the semi confirmed slate is?

18 minutes ago, SMD said:

don't we already have an idea about that though? there's Forza 8, Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2 and Starfield, maybe one or two of those might get shifted out of the 12 month window but at the moment I thought that's what the semi confirmed slate is?

Ah well maybe no surprises coming out soon then but still some big chunks of gameplay from that list would make for a good 1st party showing.

10 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Ah well maybe no surprises coming out soon then but still some big chunks of gameplay from that list would make for a good 1st party showing.

yeah don't get me wrong, still good to see them, just not sure we'll get any totally new reveals. they might also include Deathloop if the exclusivity period is running out soon

9 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

All eyes on Sunday then.

With MS briefing press they’ll release 5 games in the next 12 months, I’m cautiously raising my expectations about Sunday’s show being a good one (with some gameplay).

The only right follow-up question is: so how many do you release this year?

I find this statement discomforting. Like already digging themselves in. 

Also 5 would be piss poor with all their 30+ studios and games they already delayed. 

I'd be surprised if it was cancelled given the very public announcement of both the game and the expansion of Playground Games to make it.

20 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

There are rumours circulating that Fable has been cancelled, so a showing of that at the weekend would be most welcome!

Probably rumours from 5-years ago ;)

I don't think that game will be cancelled. Maybe scrapped and start over at a new studio but cancelled? Hard time believing that! But I always thought that Playground was a bit of an odd choice as the home for the project. 

Any of you really into manga? The number of titles with chapters getting delayed is bonkers. Not saying the same issues affect game development but I think the "30 studios and just 5 games?" logic is somewhat out the window over the last 2 years specifically.