Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Pmccee said:

So if I'm downloading games from game pass it won't download them in standby? 

Anything you have in your install queue (In my games and apps) will continue to download in standby mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/01/2022 at 19:12, Jg15 said:

Just don't play Avengers on it, made mine sound like a jet engine take off. But yeah, it runs super quiet normally.

 

I played the campaign mode of Avengers and didn't notice any difference at all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently nowhere in the uk has stock, of the x, been looking for days and there’s just nothing, is there anywhere anyone knows of that has them in? It’s not like it’s urgent so I won’t pay scalper rates on principle. But I would really like one to finish halo on. Any ideas?

 

thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, And said:

Apparently nowhere in the uk has stock, of the x, been looking for days and there’s just nothing, is there anywhere anyone knows of that has them in? It’s not like it’s urgent so I won’t pay scalper rates on principle. But I would really like one to finish halo on. Any ideas?

 

thanks 

Xbox Series X/S Stock Alerts ONLY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, And said:

Apparently nowhere in the uk has stock, of the x, been looking for days and there’s just nothing, is there anywhere anyone knows of that has them in? It’s not like it’s urgent so I won’t pay scalper rates on principle. But I would really like one to finish halo on. Any ideas?

 

thanks 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Boothjan said:

 

I played the campaign mode of Avengers and didn't notice any difference at all!

It was in Performance mode for me, going online and searching the problem seemed to highlight this being the culprit and that switching to Quality made it quieter (which it did for me).

 

Unfortunately I had played enough at 60 that playing in 30 felt awful and I deleted it. I put It down to bad optimisation, the game is a bit of a shit show on all fronts really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Graham S I think it was you who were asking about the merit of copying between XB1/1X and Series consoles, versus downloading again. I downloaded the base AC Odyssey game on my XB1 (75gb) and copied it to the XSX. There was no patch, it was automatically recognized as X|S enhanced and now runs 60fps. I'm not sure if it's one that needs to be run off the internal storage, I had space so didn't think to try it on the external rust drive first.

 

Depending on the title, it might actually be worth copying first if a 75gb download is a chew (slow connection, etc.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, TehStu said:

@Graham S I think it was you who were asking about the merit of copying between XB1/1X and Series consoles, versus downloading again. I downloaded the base AC Odyssey game on my XB1 (75gb) and copied it to the XSX. There was no patch, it was automatically recognized as X|S enhanced and now runs 60fps. I'm not sure if it's one that needs to be run off the internal storage, I had space so didn't think to try it on the external rust drive first.

 

Depending on the title, it might actually be worth copying first if a 75gb download is a chew (slow connection, etc.).

I started digging into the File Info details you can access on the store or on the Manage screen and started trying to parse the precise meanings of various bits of metadata you can see there, although sometimes it was omitted altogether. Various flavours of Generation 9 aware, Generation 9 enabled, talk of Scarlett or Durango or whatever and decided it was a a fool's errand (now I've done the copying and updating of the things I cared about) as it wasn't really intended for the end user, so I decided not to worry about it and just play what I wanted regardless of how much my new console is utilised. I do still find myself hovering over old games on the store and googling trying to figure out if they'll look as bad as they did on the base Xbox or if they're now going to be much better on the Series X than my PS4 versions but that way too lies madness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have some questions about getting a second Xbox for my house - a Series S - can someone help me please?

 

Currently I have a Series X. I have a single subscription to Game Pass Ultimate in my name. I have 2 kids who also have their own profiles on the Series X. At the moment the Xbox is getting a lot of use, so I'm thinking of getting a new Series S to use in a different part of the house so that people can play at the same time. It will be running off wifi. My plan is to use the same Game Pass Ultimate subscription for this second Xbox. My questions are:

  • Can 2 people be playing different Game Pass games at the same time, one on the Series X and one on the Series S?
  • Can 2 people be playing the same Game Pass game at the same time (e.g. playing on the same Rocket League team), one on the Series X and one on the Series S?
  • Is there anything else I should know or think about in this setup, in terms of what might limit what we play or how we play? 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NickC said:

Is there anything else I should know or think about in this setup, in terms of what might limit what we play or how we play? 

Other users on either Xbox can play whatever, at the same time. You'll only be able to play on one, the one that isn't your home console. That's because the non home console needs you signed in, and if another user is in a game, you're counted as running that game.

 

That's the only limitation, really. If you're only ever on yours and them on the other, you'll not have to worry about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TehStu said:

You'll only be able to play on one, the one that isn't your home console.

Just to be clear on what TehStu is saying here, you can obviously play on the home console, it just means that an account logging onto the non home console will not have access to the GP sub as your account is being used somewhere else. If you want to use that machine and no one is going to use the other machine it's fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am just parcelling up my Xbox One X now to sell having got a Series X. I just thought I would double check on here, apart from the Kinect stuff, is there anything else the One X can do that the series X cannot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I am just parcelling up my Xbox One X now to sell having got a Series X. I just thought I would double check on here, apart from the Kinect stuff, is there anything else the One X can do that the series X cannot?

If you don’t mind me asking, where are you selling it? I’ve got one sat here doing nothing, but didn’t really know what to do with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JPL said:

If you don’t mind me asking, where are you selling it? I’ve got one sat here doing nothing, but didn’t really know what to do with it.

 

I have a Series X now, so I presume, no real need to keep it now other than another  Blue-ray player I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Sumire said:

 

I have a Series X now, so I presume, no real need to keep it now other than another  Blue-ray player I guess

No, sorry. I said where, not why! I suppose I could mine up for sale on here, but I don't know how much they're even worth these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, JPL said:

No, sorry. I said where, not why! I suppose I could mine up for sale on here, but I don't know how much they're even worth these days.

Sorry, misread. I was just going to put it on Ebay as a bundle with the Kinect, a few games etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sumire said:

I am just parcelling up my Xbox One X now to sell having got a Series X. I just thought I would double check on here, apart from the Kinect stuff, is there anything else the One X can do that the series X cannot?

 

Output audio over optical. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

 

Output audio over optical. 

What do people use optical for these days? I’ve had an AV receiver for as long as I can remember, so I’ve always just had everything connected to that, then a single HDMI to the TV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

What do people use optical for these days? I’ve had an AV receiver for as long as I can remember, so I’ve always just had everything connected to that, then a single HDMI to the TV.

 

Stuff like Rocksmith is unplayable over HDMI because of the audio lag that gets introduced. Even optical isn't ideal but it's bearable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've noticed the fan on my Series X will turn on for a short period every now and then, even though it's in energy saving mode.  It generally makes a very brief buzzing noise before it does.

 

It works fine, there's no suggestion that anything is wrong with it, and it's done it for some time now, I was just wondering if this is standard.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

 

Stuff like Rocksmith is unplayable over HDMI because of the audio lag that gets introduced. Even optical isn't ideal but it's bearable.

I’m keeping a 360 wired up just for that (and rock band Beatles)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JPL said:

What do people use optical for these days? I’ve had an AV receiver for as long as I can remember, so I’ve always just had everything connected to that, then a single HDMI to the TV.

 

I'd agree that very few will likely need optical now, but I still use it to connect my One X to my mega old (2003 apparently, they don't make 'em like they use to eh!) Pioneer AVR that doesn't have HDMI so that it can handle the sound side of things as the monitor used in my office Xbox setup doesn't have speakers. 

 

I did nearly buy a Series S the other day (so would've had to get an optical extractor) but then watched the DF comparison between it and the One X and it was six of one half a dozen of the other so decided against it. I don't think a Series S would vent too well with this lump on it either.... 

 

image.png.90ae5dcc7c05db0ad300a440f39f4c91.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.