Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, rafaqat said:

It’s the well integrated cloud gaming I’m loving as well. Playing The Forgotten City via cloud and it’s flawless. Most slow games are. Don’t have to give them any hard drive space. They work just the same as any other game. They’ve built a very nice well integrated ecosystem on Xbox.  Sync anywhere is great. 

 

I was amused to find that The Forgotten City actually played better on my Xbox One X via cloud (where it ran at 60fps) compared to running natively (at 30fps). Cloud gaming is going to hugely extend the lifespan of the Xbone generation, it's a perfectly acceptable way to play games even now and will only improve as time goes by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

 

I was amused to find that The Forgotten City actually played better on my Xbox One X via cloud (where it ran at 60fps) compared to running natively (at 30fps). Cloud gaming is going to hugely extend the lifespan of the Xbone generation, it's a perfectly acceptable way to play games even now and will only improve as time goes by.

 

Up to a point, yes. The point being lag being set by the speed of light. Or something. Still great though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just installed MW2. It's probably 8 years since I've last played but within 30 seconds of my first TDM game I was rinsing the other side. - knew the maps, the right loadout choice etc I wonder what valuable information my brain erased to make room for that knowledge?

 

Got a wild nostalgia rush when that logo came up. *tango sucka*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Flight Simulator is the first game since Spider-Man on the PS4 where I’ve just spontaneously giggled while playing.

 

Took off from Southend airport and flew over our house a few miles away. Absolutely joyous. Then I crashed into a shed next to the aerodrome in Stow Maries. Stupid place to put a shed really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picking a series up very soon. Any recommendations for couch coop arcade type games? The Mrs and I loved puyo puyo tetris on the switch, so just looking for something super simple to get into, pick up and put down kinda thing. Ideally coop rather than local vs (as she beats me every time) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, majic said:

Picking a series up very soon. Any recommendations for couch coop arcade type games? The Mrs and I loved puyo puyo tetris on the switch, so just looking for something super simple to get into, pick up and put down kinda thing. Ideally coop rather than local vs (as she beats me every time) 


It Takes Two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, majic said:

Picking a series up very soon. Any recommendations for couch coop arcade type games? The Mrs and I loved puyo puyo tetris on the switch, so just looking for something super simple to get into, pick up and put down kinda thing. Ideally coop rather than local vs (as she beats me every time) 


Overcooked?

 

Although you might not talk to each other for a few days afterwards. Pros and cons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, majic said:

Picking a series up very soon. Any recommendations for couch coop arcade type games? The Mrs and I loved puyo puyo tetris on the switch, so just looking for something super simple to get into, pick up and put down kinda thing. Ideally coop rather than local vs (as she beats me every time) 

Not quite what you asked for but in case it’s more generally useful, this is what we’ve been playing over Xmas, local 2p-4p, some co-op, some competitive

 

Human Fall Flat (big success 2p Co-op, can be infuriating)

Streets of Rage 4

Overcooked All you can eat

Battletoads

Halo MCC

Tony Hawk

Circuit Superstars

Toybox Turbos (360 Micro Machines basically)

Lonely Mountains Downhill (single player pass the pad)

Jackbox 7 and 8

Dirt 5
 

On the to do list

It Takes Two

Rocket League

Nuclear Throne

Enter the Gungeon

Borderlands 3

Gang Beasts

Tetris Effect

Worms WMD

Unravel Twofold 

 

And for single player Co-operative puzzling we may try

The Forgotten City

Manifold Garden

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m really enjoying playing Minecraft Dungeons with my son, but it’s very simple indeed - there’s not much to it beyond just spamming arrows / melee, and using your magic abilities when they cool down. It’s great to play with a six year old because it’s so streamlined and very good for teaching communication and cooperation (although the UI could be a bit better), but I wonder whether it might get a bit boring for adults. 
 

I guess there’s not much to lose by trying it if it’s on Game Pass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, K said:

I’m really enjoying playing Minecraft Dungeons with my son, but it’s very simple indeed - there’s not much to it beyond just spamming arrows / melee, and using your magic abilities when they cool down. It’s great to play with a six year old because it’s so streamlined and very good for teaching communication and cooperation (although the UI could be a bit better), but I wonder whether it might get a bit boring for adults. 
 

I guess there’s not much to lose by trying it if it’s on Game Pass. 

It doesn't get boring. Has good loot hunts and new mode. Dlc is great too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, carlospie said:

It doesn't get boring. Has good loot hunts and new mode. Dlc is great too 

Aye, I'm finding the Apocalypse levels difficult, the further you get in to them. Sodding enchanted mobs that deflect arrows, totally knackers my build. New tower thing is fun, given you have to make a build on the fly. Keep getting my arse handed to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TehStu said:

Aye, I'm finding the Apocalypse levels difficult, the further you get in to them. Sodding enchanted mobs that deflect arrows, totally knackers my build. New tower thing is fun, given you have to make a build on the fly. Keep getting my arse handed to me.

I was right at the end of an Ancient Hunt and lost my last life to this. Didn't even realise it was a thing until the arrow came back and killed me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, K said:

I’m really enjoying playing Minecraft Dungeons with my son, but it’s very simple indeed - there’s not much to it beyond just spamming arrows / melee, and using your magic abilities when they cool down. It’s great to play with a six year old because it’s so streamlined and very good for teaching communication and cooperation (although the UI could be a bit better), but I wonder whether it might get a bit boring for adults. 
 

I guess there’s not much to lose by trying it if it’s on Game Pass. 


I find the levels in that game to be waaaaaaaaay too long. It’s fun in a limited kinda way (tbh I don’t think that much of the gameplay, but my 9 year old likes it a lot).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, majic said:

One more quick question. Witcher 3, is there a specific version for the xbox x or do you just run the xbox one version and it downloads updated textures or something? 

You are correct, smart delivery gives you the exact things you need on the Xbox side of things :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, majic said:

One more quick question. Witcher 3, is there a specific version for the xbox x or do you just run the xbox one version and it downloads updated textures or something? 

 

The Series X|S enhanced version isn't out yet though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I appreciate the SSD is fairly high spec, Quick Resume etc, which is why the expansions cost what they do.

 

Do we have any idea when they might become more affordable though? I am almost at the point of having to chose what I have installed.
 

Whereas with my One X I just piled everything onto an external 5TB drive that cost £200 years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/12/2021 at 21:48, Graham S said:

I’ve had the Series X for a few days and I’m really happy with it. I have a One X which I haven’t used much lately so I was a bit reluctant, but I spotted how happy you all were, and you were right. The One X was nicely built, but always felt a bit unbalanced with its slow CPU and storage, so it was often unexpectedly sluggish. The Series X just feels like it works, and Quick Resume makes a massive difference to me, stealing bits of telly time when I can. It’s the first time I’ve had 4 Xbox controllers since Halo 1, so we’ve had plenty of local  co-op too. Thanks everyone, Merry Xmas!


Which games are you playing on local co-op? 
 

If I could find some good ones it would be a good excuse to put together 3 pads in MS Design Studio. 
 

(Have just seen your post on the last page - thanks)

Edited by Bromin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bromin said:

I appreciate the SSD is fairly high spec, Quick Resume etc, which is why the expansions cost what they do.

 

Do we have any idea when they might become more affordable though? I am almost at the point of having to chose what I have installed.
 

Whereas with my One X I just piled everything onto an external 5TB drive that cost £200 years ago. 

I still use any external. I out everything on it then pick ten games il be playing and move them onto internal overnight. More faff but much cheaper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just download everything. I don't even have very fast internet, but at most it's going to be half a day or so to download the biggest games. I just queue it up from my phone it's there the next time I'm playing. I will never be able to play everything that I can install to the internal drive all at once either, usually I will play one experience/story type game and a handful of 'gameplay games' like racers or roguelikes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Voodoo-child said:

Just added an £8 code for GP and having problems trying to download the Halo Infinite campaign. I select it & press the A button but nothing happens! Help. 

Possibly downloading the campaign in the background, they are seperate d/l's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Voodoo-child said:

Just added an £8 code for GP and having problems trying to download the Halo Infinite campaign. I select it & press the A button but nothing happens! Help. 

Is that the only game you’ve tried to download? If so then perhaps try download a small (for speed reasons) game that’s on there as a quick tester to see if it’s an issue with your new subscription or with Halo Infinate :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.