IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

8 hours ago, rafaqat said:

It’s the well integrated cloud gaming I’m loving as well. Playing The Forgotten City via cloud and it’s flawless. Most slow games are. Don’t have to give them any hard drive space. They work just the same as any other game. They’ve built a very nice well integrated ecosystem on Xbox.  Sync anywhere is great. 

I was amused to find that The Forgotten City actually played better on my Xbox One X via cloud (where it ran at 60fps) compared to running natively (at 30fps). Cloud gaming is going to hugely extend the lifespan of the Xbone generation, it's a perfectly acceptable way to play games even now and will only improve as time goes by.

2 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

I was amused to find that The Forgotten City actually played better on my Xbox One X via cloud (where it ran at 60fps) compared to running natively (at 30fps). Cloud gaming is going to hugely extend the lifespan of the Xbone generation, it's a perfectly acceptable way to play games even now and will only improve as time goes by.

Up to a point, yes. The point being lag being set by the speed of light. Or something. Still great though.

Just installed MW2. It's probably 8 years since I've last played but within 30 seconds of my first TDM game I was rinsing the other side. - knew the maps, the right loadout choice etc I wonder what valuable information my brain erased to make room for that knowledge?

Got a wild nostalgia rush when that logo came up. *tango sucka*

Flight Simulator is the first game since Spider-Man on the PS4 where I’ve just spontaneously giggled while playing.

Took off from Southend airport and flew over our house a few miles away. Absolutely joyous. Then I crashed into a shed next to the aerodrome in Stow Maries. Stupid place to put a shed really.

Picking a series up very soon. Any recommendations for couch coop arcade type games? The Mrs and I loved puyo puyo tetris on the switch, so just looking for something super simple to get into, pick up and put down kinda thing. Ideally coop rather than local vs (as she beats me every time) 

23 minutes ago, majic said:

Picking a series up very soon. Any recommendations for couch coop arcade type games? The Mrs and I loved puyo puyo tetris on the switch, so just looking for something super simple to get into, pick up and put down kinda thing. Ideally coop rather than local vs (as she beats me every time) 

It Takes Two.

1 hour ago, majic said:

Overcooked?

Although you might not talk to each other for a few days afterwards. Pros and cons.

6 hours ago, majic said:

Not quite what you asked for but in case it’s more generally useful, this is what we’ve been playing over Xmas, local 2p-4p, some co-op, some competitive

Human Fall Flat (big success 2p Co-op, can be infuriating)

Streets of Rage 4

Overcooked All you can eat

Battletoads

Halo MCC

Tony Hawk

Circuit Superstars

Toybox Turbos (360 Micro Machines basically)

Lonely Mountains Downhill (single player pass the pad)

Jackbox 7 and 8

Dirt 5

On the to do list

It Takes Two

Rocket League

Nuclear Throne

Enter the Gungeon

Borderlands 3

Gang Beasts

Tetris Effect

Worms WMD

Unravel Twofold 

And for single player Co-operative puzzling we may try

The Forgotten City

Manifold Garden

I’m really enjoying playing Minecraft Dungeons with my son, but it’s very simple indeed - there’s not much to it beyond just spamming arrows / melee, and using your magic abilities when they cool down. It’s great to play with a six year old because it’s so streamlined and very good for teaching communication and cooperation (although the UI could be a bit better), but I wonder whether it might get a bit boring for adults. 

I guess there’s not much to lose by trying it if it’s on Game Pass. 

1 hour ago, K said:

I’m really enjoying playing Minecraft Dungeons with my son, but it’s very simple indeed - there’s not much to it beyond just spamming arrows / melee, and using your magic abilities when they cool down. It’s great to play with a six year old because it’s so streamlined and very good for teaching communication and cooperation (although the UI could be a bit better), but I wonder whether it might get a bit boring for adults. 

It doesn't get boring. Has good loot hunts and new mode. Dlc is great too 

10 hours ago, carlospie said:

It doesn't get boring. Has good loot hunts and new mode. Dlc is great too 

Aye, I'm finding the Apocalypse levels difficult, the further you get in to them. Sodding enchanted mobs that deflect arrows, totally knackers my build. New tower thing is fun, given you have to make a build on the fly. Keep getting my arse handed to me.

6 hours ago, TehStu said:

Aye, I'm finding the Apocalypse levels difficult, the further you get in to them. Sodding enchanted mobs that deflect arrows, totally knackers my build. New tower thing is fun, given you have to make a build on the fly. Keep getting my arse handed to me.

I was right at the end of an Ancient Hunt and lost my last life to this. Didn't even realise it was a thing until the arrow came back and killed me. 

20 hours ago, K said:

I find the levels in that game to be waaaaaaaaay too long. It’s fun in a limited kinda way (tbh I don’t think that much of the gameplay, but my 9 year old likes it a lot).

4 minutes ago, majic said:

One more quick question. Witcher 3, is there a specific version for the xbox x or do you just run the xbox one version and it downloads updated textures or something? 

You are correct, smart delivery gives you the exact things you need on the Xbox side of things :)

19 minutes ago, majic said:

One more quick question. Witcher 3, is there a specific version for the xbox x or do you just run the xbox one version and it downloads updated textures or something? 

The Series X|S enhanced version isn't out yet though.

I appreciate the SSD is fairly high spec, Quick Resume etc, which is why the expansions cost what they do.

Do we have any idea when they might become more affordable though? I am almost at the point of having to chose what I have installed.

Whereas with my One X I just piled everything onto an external 5TB drive that cost £200 years ago. 

On 23/12/2021 at 21:48, Graham S said:

I’ve had the Series X for a few days and I’m really happy with it. I have a One X which I haven’t used much lately so I was a bit reluctant, but I spotted how happy you all were, and you were right. The One X was nicely built, but always felt a bit unbalanced with its slow CPU and storage, so it was often unexpectedly sluggish. The Series X just feels like it works, and Quick Resume makes a massive difference to me, stealing bits of telly time when I can. It’s the first time I’ve had 4 Xbox controllers since Halo 1, so we’ve had plenty of local  co-op too. Thanks everyone, Merry Xmas!

Which games are you playing on local co-op? 

If I could find some good ones it would be a good excuse to put together 3 pads in MS Design Studio. 

(Have just seen your post on the last page - thanks)

Edited by Bromin

1 hour ago, Bromin said:

I appreciate the SSD is fairly high spec, Quick Resume etc, which is why the expansions cost what they do.

Do we have any idea when they might become more affordable though? I am almost at the point of having to chose what I have installed.

Whereas with my One X I just piled everything onto an external 5TB drive that cost £200 years ago. 

I still use any external. I out everything on it then pick ten games il be playing and move them onto internal overnight. More faff but much cheaper. 

I just download everything. I don't even have very fast internet, but at most it's going to be half a day or so to download the biggest games. I just queue it up from my phone it's there the next time I'm playing. I will never be able to play everything that I can install to the internal drive all at once either, usually I will play one experience/story type game and a handful of 'gameplay games' like racers or roguelikes.

4 minutes ago, Voodoo-child said:

Just added an £8 code for GP and having problems trying to download the Halo Infinite campaign. I select it & press the A button but nothing happens! Help. 

Possibly downloading the campaign in the background, they are seperate d/l's.

2 minutes ago, Voodoo-child said:

Just added an £8 code for GP and having problems trying to download the Halo Infinite campaign. I select it & press the A button but nothing happens! Help. 

Is that the only game you’ve tried to download? If so then perhaps try download a small (for speed reasons) game that’s on there as a quick tester to see if it’s an issue with your new subscription or with Halo Infinate :)