IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

17 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Don't you play destiny on two different consoles? That's more admin that this!

lol don’t get me started on how I bought the new dlc on the one platform where I don’t have to access to all the subclasses, therefore necessitating the need to buy Beyond Light a third time. I should’ve got 50 achievement points for that alone

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

I got an Xbox Series X last week after being out since having an Xbox 360 in 2015. Really enjoying Gamepass and Halo Infinite. The dashboard is a bit busy and the amount of reward/achievement notifications can be a bit much. 

Also I’ve noticed since being in the Xbox threads that in general Xbox users are even bigger cunts than PS5 users. So well done on that.

You can pretty much tailor the dashboard exactly to your liking, I find it super fast and intuitive, same with notifications - just turn them off if you don’t want to see them. 

Once you get used it you’ll find it’s much better than piece of crap PS5.

;)

2 hours ago, Sumire said:

I am hoping to be the ultimate bellend/cunt. I've got the RTXed PC and  just got the Series X the other day, just need to PS5 now.

That’ll be me then :D

I also don’t like Nintendo much, and like to take candy from kids.

36 minutes ago, FatOldGeek said:

Watched the first three episode of Power On this evening and it’s genuinely enjoyable stuff. Could have been very tempted to watch the remaining episodes this evening too if I didn’t have to get up early. 

Just watched the first one and thought it was really good.

Great that they got people from outside of MS to talk too like Jack Tretton from Sony.

It's be great too see Sony / Nintendo versions of this series.

9 hours ago, David Kenny said:

I hate the idea of MS rewards on principle. Performing your little tasks like a good lab rat in exchange for Microsoft treats, all the while Mad "Uncle" Phil watches on laughing maniacally (probably). What I dislike even more is that you perform those tasks without even meaning to. The Xbox applauds you for being a good little rat even when all you wanted to do was play a game. I just wanted to hoon around Mexico in a massively souped up Morris Minor and somehow I'm contributing to whatever nefarious scheme this whole thing is part of. 

You can turn off the notifications for quests if you want.

Settings->Preferences->Notifications->Xbox Notifications->Xbox Game Pass

For what little its worth I have collected around 40,000 Rewards points while I've had the service active on my Microsoft account and thats been years at this stage. I don't interact with it that much but its nice that I'll be able to get another three months of Game Pass free when my current subscription is due to expire. If you're buying a new release game digitally its worth checking the rewards app as there'll often to an offer to get a few thousand reward points with big releases. 

I tried doing the Game Pass Quests and MS rewards stuff for one month and did get a couple of thousand rewards points over the course of the month but it felt a bit too much like work. I was doing the stupid thing of firing up a gamepass game in order to trigger the daily quest and then loading up the game I actually wanted to play which was just silly considering how tiny the reward for that was. Others clearly feel differently. The dirty fucking freaks. 

12 hours ago, FatOldGeek said:

Watched the first three episode of Power On this evening and it’s genuinely enjoyable stuff. Could have been very tempted to watch the remaining episodes this evening too if I didn’t have to get up early. 

What’s that on?

34 minutes ago, JPL said:

What?

Microsoft is now selling its own Xbox Red Ring of Death poster to commemorate the release of the Power On: The Story of Xbox docuseries. The six-part documentary is a warts and all look at 20 years of Xbox highs and lows, including the infamous red ring of death.

(snip)

The Red Ring of Death poster is $24.99, which won’t go very far in making up the $1 billion loss, but I’m sure those who worked on Xbox 360 would never have imagined Microsoft would be selling a poster about the failure more than 15 years later.

The Verge

h2K8wUJ.jpg

I never had a RROD, should get the poster to get the feels!

Really liking the Power On series, much better than I expected and its really tempting me to pick up an Xbox for old times sake…. Funny as I had zero interest in the Xbox on launch until I had some time off ill and a mate leant me his brand new machine with all the launch games, needless to say Halo changed my mind and I was fully onboard :wub:

Just now, jimmbob said:

What’s the general consensus on those wireless Xbox headsets? 
I have enough moon points to nab one, but was wondering what the advantages are over a no name wired set that I currently use? Is the sound particularly resplendent? 

The official Xbox one. 

Well I expect Atmos can make a bit of a difference. 

My pad has packed in :( The left stick loses momentum every so often when I hold up and only releasing and flicking back up makes it work. Quite odd when you are playing a game and the character just runs out of steam. I'm also sure a couple of buttons are flaking out on me, every so often after tapping X and Y its like it misses. Yet when I tap it normally seems okay. Keeps happening with the pad over and over but nothing else I play with so pretty sure its duff.  Went through the MS site and seems pretty simple enough so packed it up and dropping it off at the collection point tomorrow.