IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Were you a previous regular Game Pass user maybe, instead of Ultimate? The rule only applies to previous Ultimate users specifically, regular GP doesn't count.

Yeah, that's probably it.  

10 hours ago, peeveen said:

or buy a 14-day GPU trial code from eBay (about a fiver).

10 hours ago, Akira said:

so the cheapest I will be able to convert it at is 10.99 for one month of game pass? Am I understanding that right 

image.png.c64e25cccd610288636591a19c606f1a.png

Its nearly time 

The mini fridge, created in partnership with Ukonic!, gives “Xbox and Chill” a whole new meaning. With LEDs and surface-features made to resemble the Xbox Series X, your friends will be amazed while their thirst is quenched! The sleek matte-black tower holds up to 12 cans of your favorite beverage and has two shelves in the door, so you’ll be sure to have your favorite snacks at the ready. The front of the mini fridge also includes a USB port to charge devices and comes with a DC power adapter to enable the mini fridge to work on the go.

Here just in time for the holidays, the Xbox “Mini Fridge” will go on pre-sale on October 19 and will arrive in multiple retailers globally in December 2021.

In the first wave of production, the Xbox “Mini Fridge” will be available at Target and on Target.com for $99.99, our exclusive retailer in the US. Fans in Canada will also be able to purchase online via Target.com.

Additionally, for fans in Europe, the Xbox “Mini Fridge” will be available from GAME in the UK (£89.99); and fans in France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Spain, Netherlands, and Poland can grab their own at Game Stop EU (€99.00), Micromania (€99.00) or Toynk (via Amazon).

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/15/xbox-series-x-mini-fridge/

Day one

console wars rulez means that now Sony will have to launch a fridge too (good luck making it look like the monstrosity that is the PS5 design) and people will be arguing over which one keeps your drinks cooler or is a better kind of cold.

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

console wars rulez means that now Sony will have to launch a fridge too (good luck making it look like the monstrosity that is the PS5 design) and people will be arguing over which one keeps your drinks cooler or is a better kind of cold.

Sony actually have a fridge of their own already but they neglect it and don’t advertise it.

2 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Sony actually have a fridge of their own already but they neglect it and don’t advertise it.

The fridge is 500 quid. Each drink to refill it is 69.99. If you really want them you will get two jobs. 

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

The fridge is 500 quid. Each drink to refill it is 69.99. If you really want them you will get two jobs. 

You can only put microwave meals and cans of tennents in it as it's for sad dads only.

Loving the Series S so far, it’s just runs so much faster than my old XBox One. My only complaint is that the ON light is at the top of the unit and not cantered like the One, after years of looking at the old console it just looks wrong.

Would it be technically possible for them to maybe make a hub for the expansion cards at some point? Or would it not work because of how they work, the speed of them etc? I know you can hot swap them, but I'd rather avoid doing that, just in case.

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

Would it be technically possible for them to maybe make a hub for the expansion cards at some point? Or would it not work because of how they work, the speed of them etc? I know you can hot swap them, but I'd rather avoid doing that, just in case.

I saw someone had worked out how to connect a generic nvme drive with an adapter, so maybe, but I think it's probably easier to accept that you don't need more than 2tb of games available instantly at all times. 

9 hours ago, SteveH said:

You could theoretically have a device with a PCIE switch chip providing additional lanes and therefore more devices. But that would not provide any additional bandwidth, not that it would be too much if an issue as you would very likely only be talking to a single device at any one time. 

9 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

but I think it's probably easier to accept that you don't need more than 2tb of games available instantly at all times. 

Indeed! Not really struggled for space on the new consoles. Although I don't play stuff like Call Of Duty etc apparently on a full install with all DLC it can eat serious amounts of disk space.

Wouldn't a better option be to just have a regular spinner external drive and just copy things you aren't playing to/from that? Quicker that downloading again if you connection isn't great.