IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

After having two V1s I'd never buy another elite. The build quality is shockingly bad and I don't trust the V2s to hold up.

They are great when they work, but the build quality is absolute shite. 

I’ve had 4 - right bumper failed on two (both just out of warranty), backwards stick drift on my current one which is now going back (again) and the 4th had stick drift which was replaced but I’ve yet to use it. 
(controllers 3&4 were bought for £32 each from Amazon Warehouse so I already knew they were dodgy. They were both replaced by MS, but the third controller now has stick drift). 

Also, I’ve noticed from Xbox One X to Xbox Series X the A button doesn’t always register first time every now and then on all Elite controllers. Noticed in game and when typing. 

Im so used to using 4 paddles I couldn’t do without now though. Roll on V3. 

11 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Fucking hell. I sent a 4 and a half year old pair of joycons back to Nintendo the other week and they swapped them for free.

It might be worth a try. I’m sure I got one of my v1s fixed for free out of warranty.

10 minutes ago, peeveen said:

I bought a Series X this year, but I'm still using my old 2013 xbone controller, with most of the rubber worn off the sticks, and I get by just fine. Am I doing it wrong?

Why aren’t you using the Series X controller? It’s way better than the one you’re using!

I love the Series' controllers, especially the textured surface for extra grip. I bought an extra controller when I picked up the Series X and the only one they had in stock was the white one. I'm not too fuzzed about the colours of my controllers but after using the white controller for about 600-700 hours there seems to be a bit of dirt and grime building up in the textured surface which is a bit disgusting. 

I guess a soft toothbrush and some rubbing alcohol might do the trick. I guess I should clean the controller(s) regularly this way, even when there's no visible grime. 

9 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

It’s all in the textures on the back of the Series pads, so much nicer to hold.

Better dpad too.

Other  than that Microsoft really got the Xbone pad design nailed so it’s subtle iteration only.

Fuck paying £120 for a revamp with a couple of extra paddles

I wish they'd simply replaced the D-Pad on the old Xbox One pad and kept the rest of the dimensions the same. The new pad is smaller and gives me hand cramp after extended play. 

So yes I'm back using my old Xbox One controller.

15 hours ago, bignige said:

They are great when they work, but the build quality is absolute shite. 

I’ve had 4 - right bumper failed on two (both just out of warranty), backwards stick drift on my current one which is now going back (again) and the 4th had stick drift which was replaced but I’ve yet to use it. 
(controllers 3&4 were bought for £32 each from Amazon Warehouse so I already knew they were dodgy. They were both replaced by MS, but the third controller now has stick drift).

Left bumper's become really unreliable on my Elite 2, they want a stupid amount of money to repair it and I have no confidence that it wouldn't just go wrong again as it looks like a bit of a design fault.

Apparently there's a DIY fix you can do but I can't prise the controller apart so that's no good to me.

I'm still using it (and getting creative with the paddle configurations to compensate for the effective loss of the left bumper) but to be honest I prefer the feel of the basic Series X controllers anyway. Hopefully when the inevitable Elite v3 rolls around, they'll have fixed their quality control issues and it'll be based on the newer design.

Its the bloody clicking of the new D pad drives me mad, so bloody noisy. Love everything else.  When i use my kids white pads from the One S it feels so weird.

Any tips for stuck button? my X button is sticking then releasing a split second later.  Bloody kids with buttery toast fingers I bet, wee bastards keep using my controller. 

6 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Its the bloody clicking of the new D pad drives me mad, so bloody noisy. Love everything else.  When i use my kids white pads from the One S it feels so weird.

Any tips for stuck button? my X button is sticking then releasing a split second later.  Bloody kids with buttery toast fingers I bet, wee bastards keep using my controller. 

I had the same issue and that WD40 contact cleaner you use to help with drift on joycons fixes it.

They have their own controllers now…

I went through all of the 360 and Xbox One generation using the pad it came with day one. In fact (I can only recall having issues with Quickshot joysticks back in the Zx spectrum days)

I must be one of the lucky ones. 

*Cue my SX pad breaking while playing Forza later. 

I buy new shiny pads when I see them because I'm that guy. On the One I've had the Titanfall one (stopped syncing so have to use it cabled) Master Chief Halo 5 one (dpad stopped working), Sea of Thieves (rubber perished on the sticks and needed replacing) and I've got the Forza Horizon 5 one on preorder. Their build quality is pretty shocking overall, though.

2 hours ago, Ry said:

I went through all of the 360 and Xbox One generation using the pad it came with day one. In fact (I can only recall having issues with Quickshot joysticks back in the Zx spectrum days)

I must be one of the lucky ones. 

*Cue my SX pad breaking while playing Forza later. 

My Elite controller lasted just 4 years until the left bumper started sticking and I had to open it up and put it back together again. I think it's the first controller I've had that had a problem and I reckon it's been used pretty much every day. The rubber grips did come off though. 

Has anybody has issues trying to install Metro Exodus Complete edition from disc on an X? I picked up a cheap copy and the install stops at 94.6% and no matter what I do will not complete. The game will run but I'm assuming it will need that final 5.4% at some point.