IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

18 hours ago, simms said:

I bought it before it was delisted. There maybe other versions that I can emulate with if not with a 360 emulator

For that specific game, getting hold of the PC release might actually be your best bet if you're on a PC.

12 hours ago, JoeK said:

All I bloody want are Gears 1-3 at 60fps

https://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8783885/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-1080p-60-fps-beta

At least the first one has had an update.... Probably the best too IMHO. Played though this again on the PC a few years ago. Still awesome. Love the simple game mechanics - almost a modern take on Space Invaders TBH. 

I think GoW Ultmate is on GamePass too...

8 minutes ago, Dudley said:

For that specific game, getting hold of the PC release might actually be your best bet if you're on a PC.

I own it as a PC cd but no PC to play it on, have a 360 for it tho - I’ve not played it for a while but something about the PC version felt off and I’m sure there was quite a lot of fiddling to get it to work on a reasonable recent PC!?

26 minutes ago, MattyP said:

https://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8783885/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-1080p-60-fps-beta

At least the first one has had an update.... Probably the best too IMHO. Played though this again on the PC a few years ago. Still awesome. Love the simple game mechanics - almost a modern take on Space Invaders TBH. 

I think GoW Ultmate is on GamePass too...

Ultimate doesn't run in 60fps (only the multiplayer did), which is a pity as the game looks pretty great. 

5 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Ultimate doesn't run in 60fps (only the multiplayer did), which is a pity as the game looks pretty great. 

Ah I must have been thinking of a later one! Remember playing though one of them on the PC (4?) and it was running at 60fps.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I dug out my 360 recently and bought Blur and Sega Rally 2006 off ebay for the princely sum of £14. Looking forward to playing them both tbh :D

Indeed they are great fun... once you get used to the framerate again. Think we get a bit spoilt these days with everything targeting 60fps!

Haven't played Blur for a long while remember it mainly being focused on online racing though... perhaps hazy memory here :)

I've been playing Sega Rally Arcade and Split Second so 30 frames won't be as much of a shock to the system. My brain seems to adapt to the slower rate quick enough. I do have a box of games somewhere, I must have left them at the inlaws when we moved. I know I have Ridge Racer 6 somewhere.

17 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Ah I must have been thinking of a later one! Remember playing though one of them on the PC (4?) and it was running at 60fps.

It does indeed! Although, it's not a very good port it has to be said. For whatever reason, it just doesn't play the same on a PC at all. Well, to me anyway!

20 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've been playing Sega Rally Arcade and Split Second so 30 frames won't be as much of a shock to the system. My brain seems to adapt to the slower rate quick enough. I do have a box of games somewhere, I must have left them at the inlaws when we moved. I know I have Ridge Racer 6 somewhere.

To be fair never really bothered me either... just been looking though my 360 racers:-

Sega Rally (2006)

PGR 3/4

Need For Speed : Hot Pursuit

Burnout Paradise

Forza Motorsport 3/4

Forza Horizon and FH2 (love the uncomplicated purity of the original - not too much online stuff in it vs the later iterations on Xbox One)

Need For Speed Shift (loved the legends expansion pack for this)

Then there are the rest of the various arcade games I have on there too (Ikaruga and Resident Silvergun). 

Will have to pick up a copy of Split/Second too as never really tried that back in the day and looks to be good fun.... although I think this was also given away with Games on Gold at some point.

Think this winter maybe arcade racer season between other longer games.

Anyhow guess this is now one for the Retro section... Although the 360 really doesn't feel like its retro/old...  :) 

Xbox retro chat!

The old 360 slim is definitely getting setup when we get part of the basement cleaned out for the kids to use as a gaming room. I finally cleaned out enough crap this week to get to the old 27" Trinitron we haven't used since, I think, I got my 1080p set in 2010. My word, I hope it works. Got a PS2 and Wii waiting to talk to it.

On of my greatest failures in life was never buying Outrun on the 360. I just found it on an abandonware site for the PC, as I've literally no means of playing a CD version. Perhaps I can just ko-fi some cash to S0L. Will throw caution to the wind and hope Win 11's antivirus looks after me.

6 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I’ll be buried with my 360. There’s just too much on there that isn’t on BC. 

My god is it loud now though, how easy/difficult is a transfer to a “new” slim model?

IIRC you have (or had) to "transfer licenses" or something. When I got my current 360 I think however I just downloaded the games I'd bought directly from the console. So thinking about it that requirement may have have gone.

Just now, MattyP said:

IIRC you have to "transfer licenses" or something. When I got my current 360 I think however I just downloaded the games I'd bought directly from the console. 

Oh great cheers! Is there anything that you can’t download any more?

*looks at Outrun*

Just now, Sarlaccfood said:

Oh great cheers! Is there anything that you can’t download any more?

*looks at Outrun*

Well the things I bought I seem to be able to... :) If you go to the "Download history" they should be listed on there. I *think* anything you have bought previously can be re-downloaded even though it has been "de-listed" from the store so you cannot buy now.

However saying that I did see lots of "Content no longer available" messages in my download history on the console the other day so not 100% sure what the state is at the moment. Managed to download all my old content though... 

On 08/10/2021 at 10:56, moosegrinder said:

I dug out my 360 recently and bought Blur and Sega Rally 2006 off ebay for the princely sum of £14. Looking forward to playing them both tbh :D

Just got Blur today.... :) Looking forward to some fun with this later. Completes my Bizarre racing games collection on the 360. Remember this been amazing fun back ih the day. It's creeping up in price these days too but managed to grab a copy for £8...

The one I got was about 7 quid from Music Magpie. Sega Rally was 11 quid but I held off and got one for about 8 from them too. CEX had one in the town where I live but I haven't had time to get in and the disc would be fucked anyway.

On 08/10/2021 at 08:49, TehStu said:

The old 360 slim is definitely getting setup when we get part of the basement cleaned out for the kids to use as a gaming room. I finally cleaned out enough crap this week to get to the old 27" Trinitron we haven't used since, I think, I got my 1080p set in 2010. My word, I hope it works. Got a PS2 and Wii waiting to talk to it.

Powered up first time!

On 07/10/2021 at 15:06, simms said:

I bought it before it was delisted. There maybe other versions that I can emulate with if not with a 360 emulator

The PSP version is lovely. Main reason I’ve never got rid of my Vita. 

3 hours ago, Couch Corpse said:

I have auto-update enabled, but game still need updates when you start them. What gives?

Have you played said games in the last two weeks*? It stops if you haven't been playing them. You can check if they need updates from the download menu though.

*I think it's two weeks, anyway.

7 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Have you played said games in the last two weeks*? It stops if you haven't been playing them. You can check if they need updates from the download menu though.

*I think it's two weeks, anyway.

Which is a really fucking stupid "feature" because the time I need auto update most is when I go back to something I haven't played in a while.

Steam does the same.

And we know why of course, it's a cost saving, but I'm not paying £10 a month for steam.

Yeah bois! Took advantage of the Game part exchange thingy (was sad to let go of my OG Xbox Ones).  That's the house mostly sorted on the Xbox front.  Now have one sat in my office and it's so damn small.

a2d43352-75d4-4653-b33f-e726747b49e7.thumb.jpg.62c0c5c7ac895a35fba5d7d896e043e6.jpg

They happened to have Ps5's in stock when I went in and there were definitely groups of scalpers in the q talking to each other but not making it obvious. Fair play to the game staff they told one guy to not come back again as he's been in the weeks before and snaffled 1 here and there.   You could tell they were annoyed but not enough to refuse them to people.   

2 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Yeah bois! Took advantage of the Game part exchange thingy.  That's the house mostly sorted on the Xbox front.  Now have one sat in my office and it's so damn small.

a2d43352-75d4-4653-b33f-e726747b49e7.thumb.jpg.62c0c5c7ac895a35fba5d7d896e043e6.jpg

They happened to have Ps5's in stock when I went in and there were definitely groups of scalpers in the q talking to each other but not making it obvious. Fair play to the game staff they told one guy to not come back again as he's been in the weeks before and snaffled 1 here and there.   You could tell they were annoyed but not enough to refuse them to people.   

So tempted to pick up a series S. Sort of the essence of console gaming for me really, cheap, quiet and small. Coupled with GamePass makes it perfect.