IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

25 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Because that's been delisted there's no official way to play that now anyway except on an actual 360 if you already own it. I don't know what the 360 emulation scene is like.

I bought it before it was delisted. There maybe other versions that I can emulate with if not with a 360 emulator

Still find it hard to believe the Xbox brand is 20 years old! :) Remember having a Dreamcast at the time of the OG XBox's release and wondering what MS entry into the console market would entail... Didn't think they'd last 20 years back then... but then didn't expect Sega not to be in the console hardware market either.

Despite my initial reservations picked up a Xbox a couple of years after release - pretty much before Xbox Live got launched. Bought a XBL kit with PGR2 and never looked back. Despite me being a bit anti-MS back then I was impressed with what they offered. They also brought some Sega titles to it and the controller (the revision at least) felt like it was a successor to the Dreamcast. 

Lead me to pre-order a 360 - which I've never done with a console before and play on that rather than a PC. 360 still is my favourite console ever made despite its RRoD issues. Still have one now in fact. The controller is still my favourite layout. Good that MS continue to support their legacy too via BC.

All feels so long ago now....

8 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Still find it hard to believe the Xbox brand is 20 years old! :) Remember having a Dreamcast at the time of the OG XBox's release and wondering what MS entry into the console market would entail... Didn't think they'd last 20 years back then... but then didn't expect Sega not to be in the console hardware market either.

Despite my initial reservations picked up a Xbox a couple of years after release - pretty much before Xbox Live got launched. Bought a XBL kit with PGR2 and never looked back. Despite me being a bit anti-MS back then I was impressed with what they offered. They also brought some Sega titles to it and the controller (the revision at least) felt like it was a successor to the Dreamcast. 

Lead me to pre-order a 360 - which I've never done with a console before and play on that rather than a PC. 360 still is my favourite console ever made despite its RRoD issues. Still have one now in fact. The controller is still my favourite layout. Good that MS continue to support their legacy too via BC.

All feels so long ago now....

I absolutely loved my original Xbox back in the day. All the Sega stuff coming over, Halo and Ninja Gaiden Black but it was all the Xbox Live stuff that I mainly used the machine for... maybe sometimes less is more? ...because I played so much PGR2, Rainbow 6/Black Arrow and Halo 2 online. 

12 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

maybe sometimes less is more? ...because I played so much PGR2, Rainbow 6/Black Arrow and Halo 2 online. 

Absolutely agree. Less is definitely more.

As much choice as we have these days its incredibly difficult to focus on things for any length of time and online stuff? Well other than a few games these days people keep shifting from one thing to another all the time. Must be incredibly difficult to maintain player bases.

Also what I liked about the older online games they were really easy to pick up and play and meeting randoms online back then was, from my experience anyway, much more pleasant - not as many shouty/sweary kids. 

Anyhow it is what it is I guess. Rarely play anything online these days mainly because its just not as fun for me - I don't have as much time to commit so not as much practice etc. Prefer single player story based games or puzzlers.

Must be getting old and jaded... :D 

Just imagine…

“To celebrate Xbox’s 20th anniversary and the history of gaming, we’re bringing 3 of the most iconic games from gaming history to the Xbox One and Series X consoles. From Sega, Jet Set Radio Future and Outrun 2 are coming to the Xbox One and the Xbox Series consoles through the backwards compatibility programme. We are also happy to announce a remaster of Rare’s classic first person shooter GoldenEye with, for the first time, full online multiplayer.”

Come on Microsoft, make it happen. I can dream, at least.

The real dream would be PGR but we know that ain’t happening.

7 minutes ago, Halo said:

Just imagine…

“To celebrate Xbox’s 20th anniversary and the history of gaming, we’re bringing 3 of the most iconic games from gaming history to the Xbox One and Series X consoles. From Sega, Jet Set Radio Future and Outrun 2 are coming to the Xbox One and the Xbox Series consoles through the backwards compatibility programme. We are also happy to announce a remaster of Rare’s classic first person shooter GoldenEye with, for the first time, full online multiplayer.”

Come on Microsoft, make it happen.

Wonder if they are actually planning on anything like this? There were mutterings about some more BC stuff happening.... :) So you never know... 

PGR is defo dead though. I accepted that a long time ago and just keep a 360 around for this and a few other titles...

There was a time earlier this year where I was going to scrap this whole gen and just stick with a 360 and a PC. Mainly because the 360 is much simpler console - less updating (or indeed none these days!). A whole back catalog of Gold games to play. Oh and just more variety of arcade racers - which they don't seem to make many of these days.

10 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Wonder if they are actually planning on anything like this? There were mutterings about some more BC stuff happening.... :) So you never know... 

I suspect the iconic Xbox titles Avatar: The Video Game, Peter Jackson’s King Kong and Dead or Alive 3 are more realistic

I think the full title is Ubisoft & Ubisoft Montpelier's Visionary Director Peter "Lord of the Rings" Jackson's King Kong: Michel Ancel Creator of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil's Official Game of the Universal Pictures Film in Association with Wingnut Films

Rather than celebrating the fact that they've not changed the controller in 20 years, they should instead release a new one with gyro and haptics. 

Spoiler

That still looks ace, and I want it.

My achievement notifications won't pop up. I have triple checked all my notification settings and hard reset the xbox 3 times and it's still not working. 

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

My achievement notifications won't pop up. I have triple checked all my notification settings and hard reset the xbox 3 times and it's still not working. 

Yeah, I had this last night playing the Somnium Files. I thought it was odd that I'd got this far in without an achievement, but I looked at my phone later and one had indeed popped at some point.

All the notifications are screwed up today, not just achievements but also GP quests too. They’re all still registering though, you just have to go and look at the list the long winded way.

So got a HotStock notification Microsoft had series x in stock yesterday clicked the link added to basket and it said sorry out of stock tried for ages kept getting the same no stock message despite repeated stock alterts from the app .

just got a text saying my Microsoft order will be delivered Tomorrow ?

check my account it says series x shipped 

and PayPal has been charged how have they managed that I never got to checkout ??

anyway looks like I’ll be selling my series S lol 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Me five!

4 hours ago, Halo said:

Just imagine…

Come on Microsoft, make it happen. I can dream, at least.

There are rumours of some OG Xbox games appearing as backwards compatible in November.

Data mining of the xbox store has seen some activity around OG xbox games but the list isn't very inspiring.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n47300/xbox-backwards-compatibility-new-games-rumour

Looking back through our store data, we saw seven OG Xbox games added to the new Microsoft Store from the old Xbox 360 store in September, all with a strange November 30th release date. These titles include one of the best-received original Xbox launch titles Dead or Alive 3 (which would tie in nicely with the Xbox 20th anniversary celebrations if it does get added to the program), Dead or Alive Ultimate, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Gladius, Gunvalkyrie, Advent Rising, and bizarrely, Chicken Little. They have all since been removed from the store.

All I bloody want are Gears 1-3 at 60fps, with possibly a side-order of Red Dead Redemption with the same.

Honestly, that's it.

Everything else is pretty damn great.

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

Crazy isn’t it, getting an Xbox with Halo is still one of the standout moments in gaming for me. 

This, my mate let me borrow his days after launch as I’d had a minor op and was off work - I had no interest in it really as a Mac fan didn’t really like M$ 😉

My word, what a machine and launch game - outside of Mario 64 it’s incomparable as a launch title IMO!

Mind, the Xbox live beta Moto GP ‘game’ is also one of the greatest games of all time!

20 hours ago, MattyP said:

What I did is just source a cheap 360 console and just play all my old 360 games there. They are plentiful and cheap these days. (got a boxed 500GB E console earlier in the year with a stack of games for £40 for example). Mainly because not all of my favourite 360 games are BC.

Yeah this is the better move, and the 360 runs more XB-OG games than the Xbox One does (Jet Set Radio Future being one example)

19 hours ago, deerokus said:

Because that's been delisted there's no official way to play that now anyway except on an actual 360 if you already own it. I don't know what the 360 emulation scene is like.

Not that great, last I heard Outrun was fairly buggy on xenia.