IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

54 minutes ago, hereticboy said:

As if we hadn't had enough battery chat, I'm feeling slightly shortchanged with the official plug and charge kit and want something that lasts longer. Are Eneloops the way to go, or are the cheaper Ikea equivalents basically just as good?

The Ikea ones are fine. I have a bunch of Eneloops and a bunch of Laddas and get about the same play time out of them all.

£21.50 will get you this nice wee charger that looks like a wee book & 8 batteries. You can order them online too for £4 delivery, don't have to go instore. 

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tjugo-battery-charger-with-storage-grey-green-00435173/

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/ladda-rechargeable-battery-hr06-aa-1-2v-50504692/

2 hours ago, hereticboy said:

As if we hadn't had enough battery chat, I'm feeling slightly shortchanged with the official plug and charge kit and want something that lasts longer. Are Eneloops the way to go, or are the cheaper Ikea equivalents basically just as good?

I've heard nothing but good things about both of them but have also found the EBL ones that Amazon sell to be superb in varios things that I use themin round my office / house.

That said since getting an Elite 2 comtroller (which I just drop into it's dock pretty after pretty much every gaming session) I think if I had a pad that needed batteries I'd now buy a charging station. A bit like wireless charging on a phone, something that I was all kinds of, why oh why would you need that beofre I got one (indeed I've got 4 of them dotted round the house now!) they're a neat way of storing the pad whilst also making sure it's fully topped up next time you reach for it.

friend of mine has one of these and swears he'll not be going back to AAs again with the pick it up and play, pop it down and charge manking life a bit easier for him as his (fiddly battey / battery pack swap / battery cover) motor skills aren't too good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Charging-Rechargeable-Battery-Packs/dp/B08K9WNXFP/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

I've heard nothing but good things about both of them but have also found the EBL ones that Amazon sell to be superb in varios things that I use themin round my office / house.

That said since getting an Elite 2 comtroller (which I just drop into it's dock pretty after pretty much every gaming session) I think if I had a pad that needed batteries I'd now buy a charging station. A bit like wireless charging on a phone, something that I was all kinds of, why oh why would you need that beofre I got one (indeed I've got 4 of them dotted round the house now!) they're a neat way of storing the pad whilst also making sure it's fully topped up next time you reach for it.

friend of mine has one of these and swears he'll not be going back to AAs again with the pick it up and play, pop it down and charge manking life a bit easier for him as his (fiddly battey / battery pack swap / battery cover) motor skills aren't too good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Charging-Rechargeable-Battery-Packs/dp/B08K9WNXFP/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Will the double one charge a series x and a Xbox one controller or are they different packs ?

Speaking of batteries this is confusing me:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/d/controller-gear-universal-xbox-pro-charging-stand-shock-blue-latest-model/8w8v368g8kzx

Controller Gear Universal Xbox Pro Charging Stand – Shock Blue (latest model)

Keep your controller powered up with this matching magnetic charging stand. Play and charge at the same time so you can stay in the game. This is the latest model which includes a rechargeable battery and only works with previous-generation controllers.

Latest Model, shows a Series X pad in the image, text says only works with previous generation controllers. Er?

18 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Speaking of batteries this is confusing me:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/d/controller-gear-universal-xbox-pro-charging-stand-shock-blue-latest-model/8w8v368g8kzx

Latest Model, shows a Series X pad in the image, text says only works with previous generation controllers. Er?

This is really odd device... is it the new play and charge kit/grip thing? So you hold everything including stand whilst playing?

Is anyone else having issues enabling Dolby atmos for headphones? 

I bought the licence months ago but anytime I try to enable it in settings it says I need to set it up in the Dolby app first and takes me there. The app tells me I need to switch it on in settings and sends me back. Cue an endless loop. 

17 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Series X 4K dashboard is available now as well as “night mode”

Awesome! Really hope that it’s also got HDR so that I can jump straight to the dash from games (and visa versa) without my TV kicking in a 4K / HDR induced black screen delay! 

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

Awesome! Really hope that it’s also got HDR so that I can jump straight to the dash from games (and visa versa) without my TV kicking in a 4K / HDR induced black screen delay! 

No hdr for the dashboard 

4 hours ago, Chooch said:

Is anyone else having issues enabling Dolby atmos for headphones? 

I bought the licence months ago but anytime I try to enable it in settings it says I need to set it up in the Dolby app first and takes me there. The app tells me I need to switch it on in settings and sends me back. Cue an endless loop. 

I’ve had this happen to me too. The only way I could fix it was to delete everything Dolby related, restart my Xbox, and reinstall it. 

4 hours ago, womble9 said:

Bhaaaa! Here’s hoping that it’s the 4K to 1080p switch that’s been causing the delay then!! 

thats what I’m hoping. The dash doesn’t look much different (same assets for game icons etc at the moment) but the night mode stuff is decent and being able to adjust or completely switch off the lights on the pad and console independently is neat.

28 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Just checked my X and no night mode. I've got automatic updates switched on and it checked this morning but it's not under the TV and Video settings.

It's under "personalisation".

57 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Just checked my X and no night mode. I've got automatic updates switched on and it checked this morning but it's not under the TV and Video settings.

I've got auto updates on too but still had to manually update my series X this morning to get the update. 

Hey folks, wondering if anyone can help me here.

I have spent a not so small fortune on a C1 OLED and sonos surround setup and it feels an absolute waste, sound wise, to be sticking on my Arctis 7X's (I like them don't get me wrong) whenever I want to talk to a mate or play in a party.

Is there a reasonable way that I can hear the party, talk to them and not have them hear echos or it be an absolute disaster?

Any tips really much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

31 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Hey folks, wondering if anyone can help me here.

I have spent a not so small fortune on a C1 OLED and sonos surround setup and it feels an absolute waste, sound wise, to be sticking on my Arctis 7X's (I like them don't get me wrong) whenever I want to talk to a mate or play in a party.

Is there a reasonable way that I can hear the party, talk to them and not have them hear echos or it be an absolute disaster?

Any tips really much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Probably getting the official wireless headset tbh.