Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, hereticboy said:

As if we hadn't had enough battery chat, I'm feeling slightly shortchanged with the official plug and charge kit and want something that lasts longer. Are Eneloops the way to go, or are the cheaper Ikea equivalents basically just as good?

 

The Ikea ones are fine. I have a bunch of Eneloops and a bunch of Laddas and get about the same play time out of them all.

£21.50 will get you this nice wee charger that looks like a wee book & 8 batteries. You can order them online too for £4 delivery, don't have to go instore. 

 

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tjugo-battery-charger-with-storage-grey-green-00435173/

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/ladda-rechargeable-battery-hr06-aa-1-2v-50504692/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hereticboy said:

As if we hadn't had enough battery chat, I'm feeling slightly shortchanged with the official plug and charge kit and want something that lasts longer. Are Eneloops the way to go, or are the cheaper Ikea equivalents basically just as good?

 

I've heard nothing but good things about both of them but have also found the EBL ones that Amazon sell to be superb in varios things that I use themin round my office / house.

 

That said since getting an Elite 2 comtroller (which I just drop into it's dock pretty after pretty much every gaming session) I think if I had a pad that needed batteries I'd now buy a charging station. A bit like wireless charging on a phone, something that I was all kinds of, why oh why would you need that beofre I got one (indeed I've got 4 of them dotted round the house now!) they're a neat way of storing the pad whilst also making sure it's fully topped up next time you reach for it.

 

friend of mine has one of these and swears he'll not be going back to AAs again with the pick it up and play, pop it down and charge manking life a bit easier for him as his (fiddly battey / battery pack swap / battery cover) motor skills aren't too good.

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Charging-Rechargeable-Battery-Packs/dp/B08K9WNXFP/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

 

I've heard nothing but good things about both of them but have also found the EBL ones that Amazon sell to be superb in varios things that I use themin round my office / house.

 

That said since getting an Elite 2 comtroller (which I just drop into it's dock pretty after pretty much every gaming session) I think if I had a pad that needed batteries I'd now buy a charging station. A bit like wireless charging on a phone, something that I was all kinds of, why oh why would you need that beofre I got one (indeed I've got 4 of them dotted round the house now!) they're a neat way of storing the pad whilst also making sure it's fully topped up next time you reach for it.

 

friend of mine has one of these and swears he'll not be going back to AAs again with the pick it up and play, pop it down and charge manking life a bit easier for him as his (fiddly battey / battery pack swap / battery cover) motor skills aren't too good.

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Charging-Rechargeable-Battery-Packs/dp/B08K9WNXFP/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

 

Will the double one charge a series x and a Xbox one controller or are they different packs ?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of batteries this is confusing me:

 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/d/controller-gear-universal-xbox-pro-charging-stand-shock-blue-latest-model/8w8v368g8kzx

 

Quote

 

Controller Gear Universal Xbox Pro Charging Stand – Shock Blue (latest model)

Keep your controller powered up with this matching magnetic charging stand. Play and charge at the same time so you can stay in the game. This is the latest model which includes a rechargeable battery and only works with previous-generation controllers.

 

 

Latest Model, shows a Series X pad in the image, text says only works with previous generation controllers. Er?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Speaking of batteries this is confusing me:

 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/d/controller-gear-universal-xbox-pro-charging-stand-shock-blue-latest-model/8w8v368g8kzx

 

 

Latest Model, shows a Series X pad in the image, text says only works with previous generation controllers. Er?

 

This is really odd device... is it the new play and charge kit/grip thing? So you hold everything including stand whilst playing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anyone else having issues enabling Dolby atmos for headphones? 
 

I bought the licence months ago but anytime I try to enable it in settings it says I need to set it up in the Dolby app first and takes me there. The app tells me I need to switch it on in settings and sends me back. Cue an endless loop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Series X 4K dashboard is available now as well as “night mode”


Awesome! Really hope that it’s also got HDR so that I can jump straight to the dash from games (and visa versa) without my TV kicking in a 4K / HDR induced black screen delay! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, womble9 said:


Awesome! Really hope that it’s also got HDR so that I can jump straight to the dash from games (and visa versa) without my TV kicking in a 4K / HDR induced black screen delay! 

No hdr for the dashboard 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Chooch said:

Is anyone else having issues enabling Dolby atmos for headphones? 
 

I bought the licence months ago but anytime I try to enable it in settings it says I need to set it up in the Dolby app first and takes me there. The app tells me I need to switch it on in settings and sends me back. Cue an endless loop. 


I’ve had this happen to me too. The only way I could fix it was to delete everything Dolby related, restart my Xbox, and reinstall it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, womble9 said:

Bhaaaa! Here’s hoping that it’s the 4K to 1080p switch that’s been causing the delay then!! 


thats what I’m hoping. The dash doesn’t look much different (same assets for game icons etc at the moment) but the night mode stuff is decent and being able to adjust or completely switch off the lights on the pad and console independently is neat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Just checked my X and no night mode. I've got automatic updates switched on and it checked this morning but it's not under the TV and Video settings.

 

It's under "personalisation".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Just checked my X and no night mode. I've got automatic updates switched on and it checked this morning but it's not under the TV and Video settings.

I've got auto updates on too but still had to manually update my series X this morning to get the update. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey folks, wondering if anyone can help me here.

 

I have spent a not so small fortune on a C1 OLED and sonos surround setup and it feels an absolute waste, sound wise, to be sticking on my Arctis 7X's (I like them don't get me wrong) whenever I want to talk to a mate or play in a party.

 

Is there a reasonable way that I can hear the party, talk to them and not have them hear echos or it be an absolute disaster?

 

Any tips really much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Hey folks, wondering if anyone can help me here.

 

I have spent a not so small fortune on a C1 OLED and sonos surround setup and it feels an absolute waste, sound wise, to be sticking on my Arctis 7X's (I like them don't get me wrong) whenever I want to talk to a mate or play in a party.

 

Is there a reasonable way that I can hear the party, talk to them and not have them hear echos or it be an absolute disaster?

 

Any tips really much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Probably getting the official wireless headset tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.