Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, 5R7 said:

theyve got a whole video focused on accessibility ...side note, i have not watched it

 

 

 

It's a very good watch!!

 

Brannon (starting 5:55) gives details of which areas they can improve accessibility for gamers (some of which will then also be listed / searchable on the store with publishers also able to link directly to further details) and Caitlin (at 20:10) details as to how they're going to present them to / help developers get them into their games, provide them with good working examples and also mentions an accessibility validation process that's based on their new (and now more prominent) guidelines. Nice. 

 

The third part of the jigsaw (one which is a waaaay bigger one than I'd ever realised!!) is that for game players, there's a new Xbox Accessibility Insider League (joinable from the insiders hub) upon which players can give accessibility related feedback on early builds of games, OS, services, fill out surveys etc.

 

TLDR (or watch). They're clearly very serious about making big improvements to the accessibility of the games on their platform and seem to be going at it from all angles. With me now having a better understanding of the problems that some people face, I'll certainly not be quite so quick to moan about font sizes (for now!) as there are some much bigger problems that need sorting and it really looks like they're keen to address them. Good stuff IMO :)

 

Oh and there's a lady from 343 who gives details of their planning and implementation of accessibility for Halo Infinite. Thorough would be an understatement! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a question regarding storage. I've connected the 5TB HDD to my Series X, with the intention of moving stuff to the internal to play.

 

If I play any games directly from the external hard drive, which Series X features won't work? I assume I would lose quick resume, but anything else? Enhanced frame rate etc? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Got a question regarding storage. I've connected the 5TB HDD to my Series X, with the intention of moving stuff to the internal to play.

 

If I play any games directly from the external hard drive, which Series X features won't work? I assume I would lose quick resume, but anything else? Enhanced frame rate etc? 

 

They either work or they dont, if its a series game that needs to be on the main drive it has an icon and will tell you to move it if you try and play it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/10/2021 at 15:04, moosegrinder said:

Fuck, right I didn't realise Hola were so ropey. I literally only use it for this purpose but fuck that shit. Thanks all.

Crikey yeah, the trust folks unwittingly give VPNs are bonkers.

 

I don't tax dodge, but if i did I'd use ProtonVPN (you'll have to pay to get anything other than US/UK/JPN servers).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Droo said:

Is there anywhere that has semi regular sales on downloadable codes for series s games, rather than using the Xbox store (which seems a bit pants?). 
 

 


cdkeys tends to have a fair few I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

If I buy DLC from the US store for a game that I bought from the UK store, will it work? If so, what's easiest way to buy from the US store?

 

The Mortal Kombat Aftermath expansion is reduced to $11.99 (<£9) in the US store, but is only down to £19.99 in the UK store.

Self quote, but if I buy a $15 gift card from here, could I then use it to buy the game, with a bit of leftover credit for something else?

 

Tried to use PayPal and it said that my region and payment issuing region don't match...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

 

Fuck it, just bought it for that price. Getting a bit fed up having to manage my hard drive space given that Game Pass has gone a bit crazy recently and I will need space for Horizon 5 soon. 

 

I was gonna save up my reward points for one but I'm still absolutely ages away, I'll just use them for digital games or a custom controller maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

If I buy DLC from the US store for a game that I bought from the UK store, will it work? If so, what's easiest way to buy from the US store?

 

The Mortal Kombat Aftermath expansion is reduced to $11.99 (<£9) in the US store, but is only down to £19.99 in the UK store.

 

Yes. All the DLC on Xbox works regardless of region purchased.

 

19 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Self quote, but if I buy a $15 gift card from here, could I then use it to buy the game, with a bit of leftover credit for something else?

 

Tried to use PayPal and it said that my region and payment issuing region don't match...

 

Yes. Any left over credit can be used to buy something else.

 

Once you've bought the credit, switch your console region to the US. Go to the Microsoft store and go to buy the DLC or game you want. If it's the first time using another region store you'll need to register (google for a hotel in a US state with zero sales tax (Oregon is good)) and then add the code. Complete the purchase and switch region back to the UK. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been out of the xbox scene a while but used to have a tone of digital games and xbox live arcade games on my 360.  Is there a way to play these games without an xbox?  Can I access these through the cloud or even download them to a PC to play locally?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, simms said:

I've been out of the xbox scene a while but used to have a tone of digital games and xbox live arcade games on my 360.  Is there a way to play these games without an xbox?  Can I access these through the cloud or even download them to a PC to play locally?

Not that I know of. PC only seems to allow play of Game Pass games at the moment - which includes some older 360 games. However stuff you have bought will only work on consoles - and only on newer ones if its backwards compatible. 

 

There are ways and means of playing 360 games on a PC.... but that is outside of the Xbox platform (emulation etc).

 

What I did is just source a cheap 360 console and just play all my old 360 games there. They are plentiful and cheap these days. (got a boxed 500GB E console earlier in the year with a stack of games for £40 for example). Mainly because not all of my favourite 360 games are BC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/10/2021 at 10:44, Shimmyhill said:

 

Cheers, i do however get the ‘wrong region’ message so not sure if the same?

Had this too - when you have a code you can actually do the location switch trick on the Xbox and it’ll resolve from the redeem code option on the store

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Not that I know of. PC only seems to allow play of Game Pass games at the moment - which includes some older 360 games. However stuff you have bought will only work on consoles - and only on newer ones if its backwards compatible. 

 

There are ways and means of playing 360 games on a PC.... but that is outside of the Xbox platform (emulation etc).

 

What I did is just source a cheap 360 console and just play all my old 360 games there. They are plentiful and cheap these days. (got a boxed 500GB E console earlier in the year with a stack of games for £40 for example). Mainly because not all of my favourite 360 games are BC.

 

Cool thanks, I'll go the emulation route.  All I wanted was to have a blast on Outrun C2C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, simms said:

 

Cool thanks, I'll go the emulation route.  All I wanted was to have a blast on Outrun C2C

Because that's been delisted there's no official way to play that now anyway except on an actual 360 if you already own it. I don't know what the 360 emulation scene is like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Because that's been delisted there's no official way to play that now anyway except on an actual 360 if you already own it. I don't know what the 360 emulation scene is like.

 

I bought it before it was delisted. There maybe other versions that I can emulate with if not with a 360 emulator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still find it hard to believe the Xbox brand is 20 years old! :) Remember having a Dreamcast at the time of the OG XBox's release and wondering what MS entry into the console market would entail... Didn't think they'd last 20 years back then... but then didn't expect Sega not to be in the console hardware market either.

 

Despite my initial reservations picked up a Xbox a couple of years after release - pretty much before Xbox Live got launched. Bought a XBL kit with PGR2 and never looked back. Despite me being a bit anti-MS back then I was impressed with what they offered. They also brought some Sega titles to it and the controller (the revision at least) felt like it was a successor to the Dreamcast. 

 

Lead me to pre-order a 360 - which I've never done with a console before and play on that rather than a PC. 360 still is my favourite console ever made despite its RRoD issues. Still have one now in fact. The controller is still my favourite layout. Good that MS continue to support their legacy too via BC.

 

All feels so long ago now....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Still find it hard to believe the Xbox brand is 20 years old! :) Remember having a Dreamcast at the time of the OG XBox's release and wondering what MS entry into the console market would entail... Didn't think they'd last 20 years back then... but then didn't expect Sega not to be in the console hardware market either.

 

Despite my initial reservations picked up a Xbox a couple of years after release - pretty much before Xbox Live got launched. Bought a XBL kit with PGR2 and never looked back. Despite me being a bit anti-MS back then I was impressed with what they offered. They also brought some Sega titles to it and the controller (the revision at least) felt like it was a successor to the Dreamcast. 

 

Lead me to pre-order a 360 - which I've never done with a console before and play on that rather than a PC. 360 still is my favourite console ever made despite its RRoD issues. Still have one now in fact. The controller is still my favourite layout. Good that MS continue to support their legacy too via BC.

 

All feels so long ago now....

 

 

 

I absolutely loved my original Xbox back in the day. All the Sega stuff coming over, Halo and Ninja Gaiden Black but it was all the Xbox Live stuff that I mainly used the machine for... maybe sometimes less is more? ...because I played so much PGR2, Rainbow 6/Black Arrow and Halo 2 online. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

maybe sometimes less is more? ...because I played so much PGR2, Rainbow 6/Black Arrow and Halo 2 online. 

Absolutely agree. Less is definitely more.

 

As much choice as we have these days its incredibly difficult to focus on things for any length of time and online stuff? Well other than a few games these days people keep shifting from one thing to another all the time. Must be incredibly difficult to maintain player bases.

 

Also what I liked about the older online games they were really easy to pick up and play and meeting randoms online back then was, from my experience anyway, much more pleasant - not as many shouty/sweary kids. 

 

Anyhow it is what it is I guess. Rarely play anything online these days mainly because its just not as fun for me - I don't have as much time to commit so not as much practice etc. Prefer single player story based games or puzzlers.

 

Must be getting old and jaded... :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.