Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

Recommendations please! (Is there anything like an updated 'starter' thread/post per console?)

I'm hoping the X I ordered from Very will arrive next week, it has 3 months of ultimate.

What should I be looking at playing?

Some Halo I guess, does anything else stand out?

1 hour ago, Hamus said:

Recommendations please! (Is there anything like an updated 'starter' thread/post per console?)

I'm hoping the X I ordered from Very will arrive next week, it has 3 months of ultimate.

Forza Horizon 4 until 5 comes out.

1 hour ago, Hamus said:

The Game Pass thread is where to look, you’ll find lots of discussion in there about new additions to service, impressions etc. It’s all there. 

And really it depends what you fancy playing, there’s loads to choose from. 

You mentioned Halo so why not try The Master Chief Collection, that includes all main Halo games bar Halo 5, and that’s available separately as well. 

Here are some of my all time favourites:-

Dishonored 2

Prey

Hades

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Forza Horizon 4

Quake

Streets of Rage 4

Dead Cells

Ori and The Will of The Wisps

Doom Eternal

A Plague Tale: Innocence

Dragon Quest XI

Minecraft Dungeons

Tetris Effect

Subnautica

I could go on and on, just have a look and play anything you like the look of, if you don’t like it try something else, you’ll never run out of games to play that’s for sure, enjoy your new console :)

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

Can you overpay All Access, or pay it all back early?

Looking at my Klarna account and there doesn’t seem to be the option for either.

You can absolutely pay it back early:

https://www.klarna.com/uk/customer-service/can-i-pay-before-the-due-date/

you can choose to pay off the entire balance or one of the installments earlier.

If you open My apps/games thing and then go to Full Library, there's a button on the right for Games with Gold. It's showing 137 games in there, is that everything I've explicitly clicked to get with Games with Gold, or just everything ever given away with Games with Gold? I only ask because the subtitle on the button is something like "with your game pass ultimate" and I wondered if there was some ultimate perk I wasn't aware of. Or perhaps it just means Gold comes with Game Pass now, and I have Ultimate, so that's effectively what's giving me the Games with Gold?

Either way, I went looking for AC Black Flag, hoping to buy on the cheap, but the store only listed it full price. I clicked it anyway and it said I could just install it, having had it with Gold previously (totally forgot about that). I suppose it's because had Gold/GP not been active, I would have needed to buy it.

It’s just all the games you’ve ever claimed using Games With Gold, and yeah GWG comes with Game Pass Ultimate, so if you have that active then you can access them all. 

Speaking of Assassin’s Creed I just bought Odyssey for £13.74 - never played it and everyone says it’s a good one. 

26 minutes ago, rgraves said:

You can absolutely pay it back early:

https://www.klarna.com/uk/customer-service/can-i-pay-before-the-due-date/

I’ve paid stuff off early with Klarna before but the All Access payyent page doesn’t seem to have a Pay Arlo or Pay now option.

Similarly annoying, you don’t seem to be able to use a credit card for payments.

3 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I’ve paid stuff off early with Klarna before but the All Access payyent page doesn’t seem to have a Pay Arlo or Pay now option.

Similarly annoying, you don’t seem to be able to use a credit card for payments.

I’ll ask the missus later for you as she paid ours off pretty much straight away. 

20 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Speaking of Assassin’s Creed I just bought Odyssey for £13.74 - never played it and everyone says it’s a good one. 

Oh sweet, didn't know that was on sale. Ta! Grabbed it too.

22 minutes ago, Stanley said:

never played it and everyone says it’s a good one. 

By far the best in the series IMO (not played Valhalla yet though).  It's very, very long but personally, I love Ancient Greece so that wasn't a problem for me.  Tempted to go back to it actually now it's had a Framerate boost.

7 minutes ago, Quest said:

Is it worth buying the version with all the DLC?

I went all-in and grabbed ultimate for $30. It pays to be patient and just grab these things when they're old :) I did the same thing for Origins.