IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

Yeah, who’s moaning about swapping batteries every 15 hours when 1) you can add rechargeable batteries or even a battery pack 2) can plug in a usb and play and charge at the same time 3) other controllers (noticeably Sony) seem to last between 5-10 hours with your only option to wire it back up depending on the game.

1 minute ago, max renn said:

Hallo looking for a little help if poss, my boy just got a series S and we keep getting Moderate NAT over both wireless / wired which is frustrating. Reboot the router and all is fine for 10-15 mins that it flips back. Any idea's? 

Have you tried rebooting the Xbox fully after you've rebooted the router?

Putting the Xbox into a DNZ in your router settings should resolve the problem, regardless of its cause.

12 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Have you tried rebooting the Xbox fully after you've rebooted the router?

Putting the Xbox into a DNZ in your router settings should resolve the problem, regardless of its cause.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah I've rebooted the router. Problem is we have multiple consoles / devices in the house and my network is a finely balanced house of cards 😂 Don't really fancy risking it all by fucking around with the router, bit of an I.T. wally you see..

55 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Someone had to mention batteries again!

You know it's just a veiled 'console wars' fight nowadays.

No it isn't, don't be silly.

I own both consoles, I like both consoles.  Liking one aspect of a console is not some stupid playground "War".

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

We've got those Venom charging station and battery doohickies. It helps we have 2 pads per console so we just swap them when the packs run down and make sure we stick them on charge when we're done.

We've got Venom charging stations for each console in the house (an original Xbox, an Xbox One X, an Xbox Series X) and they're great.  2 controllers on each station so should one ever run out due to a prolonged gaming session, it's a quick switch for the other.

No annoying wires coming out of the console, all look very neat under the TV units.  And they're only about 20 quid each.

For my xbox controllers I use eneloop style rechargables. I have a charger that can do 8 at a time if I want. I have three controllers I use. One for mobile, one for PC and one for the XBox. I have one PS5 controller and that just sits in the official charging cradle.

1 hour ago, max renn said:

Hallo looking for a little help if poss, my boy just got a series S and we keep getting Moderate NAT over both wireless / wired which is frustrating. Reboot the router and all is fine for 10-15 mins that it flips back. Any idea's? 

Do you have two Xboxes on the network & are on BT using their Home Hub? We had massive problems with one console getting a strict nat when with BT. Never happened on Sky and their router. 

1 minute ago, max renn said:

Yeah I have an X in the front room and the boy is next door on the S... Virgin media wired for me and wireless for him. Daft thing is after a reboot etc it works but then flips to moderate which is what's getting my goat,

That's exactly what happened with us on BT. Reboot of the console and Router would give 2 x clear NAT. After 30 mins or so one would flip to strict and we couldn't play together any longer. 

I ended up moving supplier to solve it. 

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Yeah, who’s moaning about swapping batteries every 15 hours when 1) you can add rechargeable batteries or even a battery pack 2) can plug in a usb and play and charge at the same time 3) other controllers (noticeably Sony) seem to last between 5-10 hours with your only option to wire it back up depending on the game.

Just don’t like it. I wouldn’t accept having to swap batteries in my phone every day. 

6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Just don’t like it. I wouldn’t accept having to swap batteries in my phone every day. 

Then put in a play and charge kit (or rechargable batteries) and it'll work exactly the same as as a PlayStation or Switch controller with the added benefit that when the battery starts to lose its charge you can just replace the play and charge kit and not the whole controller. You don't have to remove the play and charge kit or recharagable batteries to charge them.

20 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Are you playing your Xbox 15 hours a day so you have to change the batteries that often..? 

Realistically you're looking at swapping them out  once every 7-10 days based on 2 hours gaming per day. 

Still introduces an element of wear and tear on the back of the joypad plus makes it heavier than it needs to be. If you compare it to the switch pro there is a weight difference. 

Anyway, seems some people like popping batteries in and out of controllers, so I’ll leave it there. 

The Xbox ergonomics are fantastic. And the battery is a preference for some.

My issue with the Xbox controllers is that on Amazon they (currently at least) cost £1 more than a dual sense, when they have rubbish rumble, no gyro,  no trackpad, no haptic triggers and no battery. I get supply and demand, but they really need to add - at the very least - gyro.

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

The Xbox ergonomics are fantastic. And the battery is a preference for some.

My issue with the Xbox controllers is that on Amazon they (currently at least) cost £1 more than a dual sense, when they have rubbish rumble, no gyro,  no trackpad, no haptic triggers and no battery. I get supply and demand, but they really need to add - at the very least - gyro.

This is my problem. They're really expensive considering the lack of modern features and the poor build quality. I'll never buy a Microsoft pad with rubber grips again. 

7 hours ago, the_debaser said:

That’s fair enough. I just prefer not have to mess about with swapping batteries every 15 hours. 

4 hours ago, the_debaser said:

I have a hot take… you need 2 PS5 (same as PS4) pads as they last for such a short time you have to have a backup pad and a charging dock - £85 extra just to be able to play games (I dont think i ever used my second PS4 pad for a local co op game and unlikely to use the PS5 pads in that way either…)

Xbox is now my main console, I only have one pad and have done since launch - I use eneloops and i dont even know how long they last between charges but way longer than Sony pads so I’m not really sure there is a downside, last longer and cheaper solution. So far ive managed to change the batteries without breaking the pad or throwing it in the paddling pool by mistake (genuine concern) 

The Switch pro pad does last days, its a lovely pad but unlike eneloops it will lose its charge when not played so if used its nice having a long charge time but any periods of non use (in between Nintendo bangers) guarantees a dead pad when you want to play it 🤬

I would like that all console games that require aiming have the option of gyro assisted aim, not mandatory just the option for people like me who want it. Nintendo does this the best I think, gyro aiming in the Zelda games is fantastic imo, use the analogue stick for the large motions and then gyro to fine tune your aim.

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I’m jealous of how much free time you have.

Of late its been lockdown, i not going anywhere other than work (100% of all lockdowns worked) and general stress relief whilst working a job with odd hours - i dont actually play that much but tend to have long sessions on Fortnite once a week or so. I haven’t actually played and completed any single player games in a long time and lots of FOMO leads to purchases like a PS5….