Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

it’s basically just the current branding across all companies for the “you paid a stupid amount of money for Digital tat” version add ons not anything MS specific. 

8 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

That wouldn't be done in the main Xbox OS. I can see 3 storage devices on my Xbox, and I can move/copy official games between them, but you don't have to deal with drive letters, directories or anything like that.

41 minutes ago, Tonald Drump said:

BT Shop have got stock in of series x but only in a bundle with an extra controller

Seems to be gone now. I’ve been trying to get one for my son’s birthday for the last month or so and haven’t seen any even though there have been 2 or 3 PS5 drops in that time. I’m following all the stock checkers but it just seems quiet. Wonder if they’ve been hit by the same supply issues as everyone else?

22 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Even when using an app like File Explorer which enables Retroarch, I cant see the drive number for the Seagate drive. I can only see apps saved down to the main drive. I'm not sure if thats because apps are locked to the internal storage.

Did anyone get one of the “shipping from China” £100 seriesX orders in this morning?

everything about it says scam, but how does that work via Amazon market place? Anything goes wrong you get your money back.

and surely Amazon escrow it for newly listed sellers, right?

47 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Did anyone get one of the “shipping from China” £100 seriesX orders in this morning?

everything about it says scam, but how does that work via Amazon market place? Anything goes wrong you get your money back.

and surely Amazon escrow it for newly listed sellers, right?

it's like the 4 quid air fryer, most of the time they're scamming people out of their personal info - so amazon forward stuff like your name, address, email, phone number, whatever's needed to complete the order on the merchant side, they collect all those then cancel the orders and go again.

2 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

Seems to be gone now. I’ve been trying to get one for my son’s birthday for the last month or so and haven’t seen any even though there have been 2 or 3 PS5 drops in that time. I’m following all the stock checkers but it just seems quiet. Wonder if they’ve been hit by the same supply issues as everyone else?

Sent an access code via PM

I'm finally starting to look for an X for Forza Horizon 5. God I just wish I could sign up in a queue somewhere and forget about it. Seems like such a fucking faff all this stock checking.

Something really needs fixing to sort these electronics shortages generally. It's completely insane that not far off a year since their launch the console are still basically completely unavailable.

Not so much just these companies with an issue though. The whole electronics industry just seems a bit fucked.

1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

Something really needs fixing to sort these electronics shortages generally. It's completely insane that not far off a year since their launch the console are still basically completely unavailable.

Not so much just these companies with an issue though. The whole electronics industry just seems a bit fucked.

And the car industry, food production and distribution, etc. Welcome to the future :twisted:

It’s been nice hearing the series s positivity in here — ordered one to come at the weekend. Mainly because I had a JL gift card, but the odds of getting a series x we’re stacked against me. And I was getting sick of checking. 

Basically as long as it loads faster than the old Xbox disc-less thing I have, great! Would also be nice to say goodbye to stutter in Rock Band 4, but I get the impression that’s the game…

Are there official storage shortages? I've been given some Amazon gift cards and have enough rewards points to make up the rest. Not desperate, have about 250gb free, but if it's unlikely to come down in price any time soon or is frequently out of stock or isn't likely to have its capacity increased any time soon, I may as well just get it.

Was going to just get a big mechanical disk but juggling space less often than I thought, right now. 

it's interesting how the Halo Infinite Xbox Elite controller is completely sold out here in the US (where I am, and where it is being thrown onto Ebay at more than twice it's RRP/MSRP), but Game UK seems to still have stock... Well I'll snap one up as it does look gorgeous (though pricey). Hopefully I'll be able to live in a COVID-free world (one day) where I can come home to blighty, see my friends and family... and pick up my nice new green controller 😆

9 hours ago, TehStu said:

Are there official storage shortages? I've been given some Amazon gift cards and have enough rewards points to make up the rest. Not desperate, have about 250gb free, but if it's unlikely to come down in price any time soon or is frequently out of stock or isn't likely to have its capacity increased any time soon, I may as well just get it.

Was going to just get a big mechanical disk but juggling space less often than I thought, right now. 

Amazon seems to offer discounts on it all the time. Just managed to get one myself for around £146 from Amazon Spain. A 2 TB version if it comes would probably cost more than double just now.