IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

Is anyone else having trouble getting achievements to register? I’m playing a level of Omno a day to help with the daily achievement reward but today despite 100% completing the level I didn’t get the achievement. Looking at the game’s achievement list, the one for that level is showing as 0% completed. Just me or just that game, or is it a wider problem possibly connected to the rewards outage this week?

I completed the first day on Night In The Woods and got no achievement for it - when I should have, apparently.

But then when I was playing Lumines, they were popping up just fine.

Edit: Just logged into the xbox app on my phone and got the Night In The Woods achievement pop up.

Daughter was on Hades last night, last person to use Xbox. We made sure she caused the icon to appear to save her progress. Turned off Xbox to Instant On standby.

This morning, fire up Hades and she's got no save, like at all. I suggested a quick resume bug and to make sure to quit Hades in future. Quitting out and loading it again caused save game to appear. May have been really crappy had she started a new save while Hades said there were none.

I really don't like how temperamental the software is on the X. I loaded Hades the other day, the ding sound happened for the play a game pass game quest, and then the X turned itself off. It needed a cold power on when I switched it back on. Not Hades' fault I'm sure, this has happened before. Even my kids have noticed how much more Roblox crashes on the X VS the XB1.

On 14/08/2021 at 13:11, Darren said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting achievements to register? I’m playing a level of Omno a day to help with the daily achievement reward but today despite 100% completing the level I didn’t get the achievement. Looking at the game’s achievement list, the one for that level is showing as 0% completed. Just me or just that game, or is it a wider problem possibly connected to the rewards outage this week?

Someone was saying Hades achievements aren't dinging because of Quick Resume, is Omno on Quick Resume?

16 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Someone was saying Hades achievements aren't dinging because of Quick Resume, is Omno on Quick Resume?

No, it’s one of those that doesn’t do quick resume. But now it seems to be working again - I got the achievement for completing the next level, but the previous one is still un-achieved (?) even though I’ve met the criteria. And I’ve tried the whole quitting and starting again, restarting the Xbox etc.  Ah well, I’ll just have to go back and do it again when I mop up any of the other random achievements I don’t get first time through.

58 minutes ago, Darren said:

No, it’s one of those that doesn’t do quick resume. But now it seems to be working again - I got the achievement for completing the next level, but the previous one is still un-achieved (?) even though I’ve met the criteria. And I’ve tried the whole quitting and starting again, restarting the Xbox etc.  Ah well, I’ll just have to go back and do it again when I mop up any of the other random achievements I don’t get first time through.

Are you sure that you've got a 100% clear on the level in question? When I played it, my indicator (Pressing Y) said 100% but I didn't get the achievement. Turned out I hadn't interacted with one of the animals/creatures on the level. As soon as I interacted with it the achievement registered. 

21 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Are you sure that you've got a 100% clear on the level in question? When I played it, my indicator (Pressing Y) said 100% but I didn't get the achievement. Turned out I hadn't interacted with one of the animals/creatures on the level. As soon as I interacted with it the achievement registered. 

Well, that might well explain it! I’ve been diligently going round every level until Y told me I’d got 100%. It seems odd that it isn’t really correct and there are still more things to do to get “true 100%.”

Although I’ve realised there’s another achievement I didn’t get, for meeting or travelling on the third legendary creature, and I totally definitely did that, so I think it probably is just borked in some way.

5 hours ago, Darren said:

Well, that might well explain it! I’ve been diligently going round every level until Y told me I’d got 100%. It seems odd that it isn’t really correct and there are still more things to do to get “true 100%.”

Although I’ve realised there’s another achievement I didn’t get, for meeting or travelling on the third legendary creature, and I totally definitely did that, so I think it probably is just borked in some way.

Somebody at Microsoft must have just ctrl-alt-deleted the achievements tracker because both of these missing ones have just pinged completely at random (I’m not playing a game but the Xbox is on, using the Now TV app).

It will be interesting to see whether everyone’s missing Hades achievements pop now too.

Can there only be one quick resume per game? We had a weird screen earlier come up, asking if we'd like to start a new quick resume on my daughter's account for Hades or keep the existing one for that game for my son. 

If it's only one per game, we're going to be seeing that screen a lot,as they're both playing it.

36 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Can there only be one quick resume per game? We had a weird screen earlier come up, asking if we'd like to start a new quick resume on my daughter's account for Hades or keep the existing one for that game for my son. 

If it's only one per game, we're going to be seeing that screen a lot,as they're both playing it.

Yeah, it's one per game regardless of users.

In fact there is/was a bug with the feature - switching profiles has for us sometimes led to the Xbox assigning the Quick Resume save to the wrong player, meaning neither person can access it and you have to delete it manually before either can play. Not sure if that's been fixed yet.

That, and other issues like the Assassin's Creed "we're going to corrupt your save randomly whenever we feel like it if you use Quick Resume" feature, really makes me wish you could disable the feature, ideally on a per-game basis. When it works, it's great, but it's sometimes more trouble than it's worth.

Gentlemen, quick question which has probably been answered before.

I am contemplating getting an S for downstairs gaming. I have a beast PC for upstairs but sometimes you just wanna lounge on the sofa. The missus wants to try gaming but doesn't want to sit at a desk all night.

I have Very so can do buy now pay in 12 months. Is the S worth the cost? I'd be getting Gamepass but as a machine is it solid? I have a 4k TV but with the distance 1440 will be fine.

7 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

I am contemplating getting an S for downstairs gaming. I have a beast PC for upstairs but sometimes you just wanna lounge on the sofa. The missus wants to try gaming but doesn't want to sit at a desk all night.

I have Very so can do buy now pay in 12 months. Is the S worth the cost? I'd be getting Gamepass but as a machine is it solid? I have a 4k TV but with the distance 1440 will be fine.

How about 1080p?

6 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

I’d say definitely yes. I’m delighted with mine, I sit 3m from a 50” 4K tv and can’t tell the difference between HD and 4K at that distance.

People will tell you the X is better (it is) and better value (much more arguable) but for a budget machine the S is ludicrously capable.

Just now, Dark Soldier said:

Bought, with an extra controller and 3 months gamepass. Spread over 12 months you can't knock it.

Ah man, you should have done the Gamepass cheap deal. Have a look at the first post of the Gamepass thread for details.

1 minute ago, JPL said:

Ah man, you should have done the Gamepass cheap deal. Have a look at the first post of the Gamepass thread for details.

I saw that but sadly don't have the funds currently to just splash out £120! Would do soon.

It's why I did the over 12 months thing. I'm sure I can let it expire down the line then do that.

5 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

I saw that but sadly don't have the funds currently to just splash out £120! Would do soon.

It's why I did the over 12 months thing. I'm sure I can let it expire down the line then do that.

Yeah, unless they change it, you should be able to do it down the line for £10.99 instead of the £1 for first time subscribers.

13 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Sweet sounds good. Cheers mate.

One last thing. You don’t need to do the full 3 years in one go either. If you bought a year’s Live for ~£40, you can upgrade that for £1, then do it again for £10.99 once that’s run out. Might be worth considering before you activate your 3 months, if you can afford it.

9 minutes ago, JPL said:

One last thing. You don’t need to do the full 3 years in one go either. If you bought a year’s Live for ~£40, you can upgrade that for £1, then do it again for £10.99 once that’s run out. Might be worth considering before you activate your 3 months, if you can afford it.

I'll keep that in mind. 40 quid is way more manageable right now. Cheers for thr heads up!

11 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

Series S is rock solid. I run similar setup. RTX 2070 and Series S combo on my 4k CX OLED. Also use series S in my living room on 1080p plasma (great for moving round house cause of size)

Fantastic console and tbh I'm just over 6ft from my TV and don't notice a huge difference when games are 1080 and above over 4k. HDR has a far greater visual impact imo. Only downside is storage if you like hording games as the AAA titles are usually hitting nearly 100gb a piece. For me I only got a couple of titles on the go so with its 384gb of space I never drop below 50 percent anyway.

10 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

Bought, with an extra controller and 3 months gamepass. Spread over 12 months you can't knock it.

It's a great piece of kit and I'm confident you'll have a great time with it. The only drawback with that console is the rather skint internal storage space so if you've got an internal USB drive about that you don't use for other stuff it could be worth using it with the Series S to play the X360 and Xbone games found on gamepass. 

I don't know what games your wife likes/would like to try but if she's anything like mine, here are some of the games my wife likes: 

Omno (recently added to GP)

Dodgeball Academia (recently added to GP)

Stardew Valley (Currently not on GP but I read somewhere it'll be added soon. Otherwise it cost less then a tenner)

Last Stop (recently added to GP)

Banjo Kazooy Nuts 'n Bolts (on GP)

Dragon Quest XI (on GP)

Final Fantasy XII (on GP)

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (on GP)

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S