Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just learnt something new. If you have a game pre-ordered off the Xbox store and you change the region to where it’s available (somewhere where it’s gone midnight) then you can play the game. I knew you could do this for Gamepass games, but pre-orders used to be tied to the region you bought the game and would only become available once it was midnight in that country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Just learnt something new. If you have a game pre-ordered off the Xbox store and you change the region to where it’s available (somewhere where it’s gone midnight) then you can play the game. I knew you could do this for Gamepass games, but pre-orders used to be tied to the region you bought the game and would only become available once it was midnight in that country.

Does this mean if I change my region to US I can play Flight Simulator tomorrow morning when they can? Actually ignore me because they are 7 hours behind 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Does this mean if I change my region to US I can play Flight Simulator tomorrow morning when they can? Actually ignore me because they are 7 hours behind 🤣

No I think that's a simultaneous global unlock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

It's one thing that annoys me about xbox. On ps4 I can control the media apps and even the dashboard with my tv remote. Xbox doesn't support it for arbitrary reasons. 

 

I use my LG TV remote on my Series X. Didn't need to change any settings or anything. Found out by accident. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ry said:

 

I use my LG TV remote on my Series X. Didn't need to change any settings or anything. Found out by accident. 

Doesn't work for me. Which input is your console on, out of  interest? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still worried it's going to be too small in the long run. There is only one slot and once the X|S only games start kicking in, it's going to feel awfully tight. £180 is a lot for something I reckon I'd replace later when I can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

Just bought a 1TB SSD for the PC @ £80. 

 

Sure the Xbox expansion card will be super fast etc. BUT. Do we honestly really care that much? I'd rather have 1TB of slightly slower speed (which is still much faster than spinny old school hard disks) for say £99 (with MS's Xbox tax added) than pay nearly double because "its a bit faster". 

 

Why I went back to PC for Xbox gaming in the end. Pays your money and make your choice. If you are in console land you have little choice. But it is what it is. And the Xbox machines offer a lot of performance for in relative terms little money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Sure the Xbox expansion card will be super fast etc. BUT. Do we honestly really care that much?

 

 

14 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just bought a 1TB SSD for the PC @ £80. 

 

(which is still much faster than spinny old school hard disks)

 

So, seems yes ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We care that much simply because games are ultimately written to rely on that storage being that speed which may well become relevant, it's not about loading delays so much as some games not working.

 

I agree though, I've got one slot, If I'm expanding it it's going to need to be a lot more than by 1tb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I got this Series S today.

The price and availability of the Series X just isn’t something I could overcome when I already have a PS5. It makes sense when you think about it, the S is a good compliment to the PS5 which will remain my main console.

Love the size of it, I think it’s a beautiful looking console. Making it white was the right choice.

WTF is going on with these controllers though. Clicky D Pad? ,Old fashioned rumble,AA batteries!!!! , no microphone, no speaker, no motion controls. It’s inferior in a large way.

The Xbox user interface is far too busy for my liking. What’s the point in having massive boxes with ultra simple icons inside for simple things like “settings” and stuff like that.

I bought it especially for some flight simulator and I hope I made the right choice. I hope it’s a “good 1080p” with good clarity overall but we shall see.

 

Oh yeah. 364 gig is quite….tight? It’ll do.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rgraves said:

 

 

 

So, seems yes ;)

Indeed. But you clearly understand the point I was making... a SSD is much faster than an old school hard disk. But going from an SSD to MS's solution is not worth that much extra money over a SSD drive for example. Or even a nVMe drive (which are around £80 for 1TB). The one in my PC runs at 1.5GBps... three times faster than a SATA 3.0 SSD. Which is the tech MS will be using I guess.

 

Anyway £180 for 1TB of fast storage is too expensive IMHO. :D That is the point I was making.

 

Edit. It isn't even that quick apparently https://www.storagereview.com/review/seagate-storage-expansion-card-for-xbox-series-xs-review.

 

However depends what the test rig was. My PC is over three years old and the nVMe drive on that reads at 1.5GBps. (that is giga bytes not bits!).

 

image.png.be1929c12d175845331673cb97fb250a.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just bought a 1TB SSD for the PC @ £80. 

 

 

 

... a tb ssd, is not the same as a 1tb pcie g4 nvme drive though is it...no. its ten times slower.

 

and its about long term access of games USING it at the speed it needs! and some of you realllllly need to look at the actual price of hard drioves before coming out with "if it  was a hundred id buy it" it aint gonna be that for quite a while!

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

WTF is going on with these controllers though. Clicky D Pad? ,Old fashioned rumble,AA batteries!!!! , no microphone, no speaker, no motion controls. It’s inferior in a large

 

 

 

 

 

Dont you fucking start this again!!!!!

AA batteries are great, you put some good rechargeable ones in, a couple of 2400mAh, and off you go for a good few days of gaming, and when they die, you just switch them out! None of that bullshit ds5 5 hours crap, then plug it in!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

 

... a tb ssd, is not the same as a 1tb pcie g4 nvme drive though is it...no. its ten times slower.

 

Read my post above... :) Just MS tax again.. but as can be expected you are in a closed system. At least there is an option to expand storage....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something to be aware of with the expansion card is that it's treated as a separate drive, it doesn't extend the internal storage. Not an issue in terms of looking at or playing your library – that list is consolidated by default – but if you had 20GB available on the internal drive and 40GB on the expansion you couldn't install a 60GB game across the two. Ideally you should fill up one drive to the brim before using the other.

 

It would be nice if the system would download games to whatever viable storage was available, rather than you having to flag an install drive ahead of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

 

 

Dont you fucking start this again!!!!!

AA batteries are great, you put some good rechargeable ones in, a couple of 2400mAh, and off you go for a good few days of gaming, and when they die, you just switch them out! None of that bullshit ds5 5 hours crap, then plug it in!

 

I’m sorry this just isn’t true.

 

Anyway, how do I see the download progress?

I believe it might be the queue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.