Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wiper said:

And the glory of Tetris Effect Connected. The best.

Its pretty damn fine isn't it?! For those that also have a PC and a VR headset it's been patched to use it. It's phernominal! :) and also part of GP on the PC too! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had my new Series X for about a week now and coming from last gen as a PS4 gamer I was a bit cautious about getting too excited by the new Xbox as I was really let down by it last gen (which is why I went from X360 to PS4).

 

Hardware wise there's nothing to complain about, really. It boots fast, it makes no noise and the controllers are great. The re-introduction to 3.5mm jack on the controllers was a really nice gesture. 

 

While I find the UI on the PS5 more sexy it's fine on Xbox but I wouldn't mind a brand new look as it feels a bit outdated. 

 

Playing games on it is where it really shines, I'm so happy to rediscover the joy of old X360 games which has been gathering dust for a decade. Not only can I still use my old X360 games but a lot of them looks and performs better than they ever did back in the day. 

 

Quick Resume was a feature I never really though about as a must before getting the console but now I'm really glad it's a thing. 

As it is right at the moment, I feel the Series X was a good choice for me as a new host to console games, especially with the great backwards compatibility and FPS boost in a lot of older games but now that the console has been out for seven months it's the future I'm excited about. 

 

With E3 starting this week I can't help but feel a bit worried that there aren't any new killer games out for the Series S|X consoles yet and if MS don't show off quite a few impressive games during E3 it'll be a massive letdown to me as I'm hungry for something fresh. 

 

At least we're getting The Ascent at the end of the month, that looks solid and will hopefully make the wait for other exclusives bearable but as it stands I'm starting to feel a bit envious of my PS5 mates who already has rinsed Demons's Souls and Returnal in good time for Ratchet and Clank which looks really impressive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone else had issues with signing in etc in the last 24 hours? It’s not been constant but am trying to rule out possibilities before I start doing stuff that’s not needed. Thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

Has anyone else had issues with signing in etc in the last 24 hours? It’s not been constant but am trying to rule out possibilities before I start doing stuff that’s not needed. Thanks :)

 

I had some issues last night where I got an error message that I needed to be online to use Game Pass, none of my other devices complained about not having internet. Restarting the Xbox let me sign in again so I wrote it off as something OS related. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Rayn said:

While I find the UI on the PS5 more sexy it's fine on Xbox but I wouldn't mind a brand new look as it feels a bit outdated. 

 

 

Oh god please no. Microsoft spent the whole of the Xbox One generation inventing terrible UIs then ripping them out a year later in favour of something different but nearly as bad. Every single one was the worst UI ever invented, apart from the ones that preceded it.

 

The one they've got now is a model of simplicity and functionality compared to what's gone before. I actually like it, and I can find stuff for once. It's not popping up unwanted split screens all over the place, it's not pretending to be Windows, it doesn't scroll for several screens both horizontally and vertically, it doesn't crash randomly and the tiles show me stuff I actually use. I just want them to leave it alone now and stop buggering about with it for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Rayn said:

With E3 starting this week I can't help but feel a bit worried that there aren't any new killer games out for the Series S|X consoles yet and if MS don't show off quite a few impressive games during E3 it'll be a massive letdown to me as I'm hungry for something fresh. 

 

At least we're getting The Ascent at the end of the month, that looks solid and will hopefully make the wait for other exclusives bearable but as it stands I'm starting to feel a bit envious of my PS5 mates who already has rinsed Demons's Souls and Returnal in good time for Ratchet and Clank which looks really impressive. 

I’m feeling the same to be honest and I’ve mentioned it before on here.

 

So far, PS5 owners have had:

Astrobot

Miles Morales (not technically only this gen, but has a few extra bells and whistles on PS5)

Demon’s Souls

Sackboy

Returnal

Ratchet & Clank

 

I’m sure I’ve missed some, but you get the idea. A nice steady stream of decent games, that looks set to continue.

 

Whereas on Xbox, all we’ve had is:

The Medium

 

A game that’s the very definition of medium.

 

Saying that, I’m expecting them to have a really good show on Sunday, but they need to start delivering now and giving us a timescale of things to come.

 

If it’s yet another load of trailers for games that we won’t see for a while, I think I’ll have to bite the bullet and get a PS5 as well, no matter how ugly I think it is.

 

Don’t let us down Phil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having just downloaded two tb of games from game pass and the store for my Xbox, I disagree. There is enough games on it to last a lifetime. We know new games will be coming but there is plenty to go around for a few more months.

 

Plus if you get really bored you could complete the falconeer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Having just downloaded two tb of games from game pass and the store for my Xbox, I disagree. There is enough games on it to last a lifetime. We know new games will be coming but there is plenty to go around for a few more months.

 

Plus if you get really bored you could complete the falconeer. 

I didn’t even mention Gamepass, which is excellent. I was talking about new gen games. I want something, other than Cyberpunk, which shows off what the system can do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah sorry yes you are right. Something. Truly next gen needs to come soon. I'm wondering if the series X will get noisy when playing them. It gets a bit loud with FIFA after a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:


It’s like they went out of their way to create the ugliest possible thing that still accomplishes the task. Horrendous. 

 

It's pretty minimal - what's horrendous here?

 

61RWgGaCFCS._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JPL said:

I want something, other than Cyberpunk, which shows off what the system can do.

 

The Hivebusters DLC in Gears 5, or Gears Tactics - both look pretty bloody lovely - I think about the best the Series X puts out right now.

 

fdycpxkuokxr9m3emfov.png?auto=format&fit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

 

The Hivebusters DLC in Gears 5, or Gears Tactics - both look pretty bloody lovely - I think about the best the Series X puts out right now.

 

fdycpxkuokxr9m3emfov.png?auto=format&fit

Funny you should mention that. I updated Gears last night, so I'll have a blast through the DLC later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Ah sorry yes you are right. Something. Truly next gen needs to come soon. I'm wondering if the series X will get noisy when playing them. It gets a bit loud with FIFA after a while. 

Gets loud? I’ve not experienced that with FIFA, or any games yet, I’m hoping that like the OG Xbox One the Series X remains quiet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gears 5: get behind cover, shoot aliens, that’s pretty much it. There are driving bits later on which are new to the series, but other than that it’s pretty basic game play wise, very enjoyable though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Ah sorry yes you are right. Something. Truly next gen needs to come soon. I'm wondering if the series X will get noisy when playing them. It gets a bit loud with FIFA after a while. 

It shouldn't get loud. I can't imagine FIFA is pushing it all that hard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MattyP said:

Its pretty damn fine isn't it?! For those that also have a PC and a VR headset it's been patched to use it. It's phernominal! :) and also part of GP on the PC too! 

 

Not so much patched as "Was specifically designed to be a VR game from the start". If anything pancake mode is the patch.

 

But yeah, it's phenomenal in VR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Gears 5: get behind cover, shoot aliens, that’s pretty much it. There are driving bits later on which are new to the series, but other than that it’s pretty basic game play wise, very enjoyable though. 

And one of it's beauties.. No complexity in terms of multitudes of options. Its like a grown up version of space invaders in 3D. Although still think the first one is best. Adding too much "clutter" in the newer ones and part of the reason I don't get on with 5 as much as the earlier ones. Purity of the Gears vision by Epic. Now its just another franchise they are working out how to keep fresh and generate revenue from. Rather than coming up with something new.

 

Loved the 360 era lots of new things coming to the fore on all consoles.. Now it sometimes feels a bit well flat because we don't have new things like the original Gears. Uncharted on the PS3 and well complete curveball ideas from Nintendo with the Wii. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I’ve just booted up Gears 5 and this is what I’m presented with. What is going on? How do I access Hivebusters?

 

 

0B448C06-3DD1-4980-BA6A-4F24959EC9CC.jpeg
 

Edit: Ignore me. For some reason it put me deep into the multiplayer menus. Something which I’ve never even played!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ask this all the time but never quite seem to get an answer, but are the original Gears games (1 - 3) updated at all for the Series X? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

Well, I’ve just booted up Gears 5 and this is what I’m presented with. What is going on? How do I access Hivebusters?

 

 

0B448C06-3DD1-4980-BA6A-4F24959EC9CC.jpeg
 

Edit: Ignore me. For some reason it put me deep into the multiplayer menus. Something which I’ve never even played!

See case in point... to bloody complicated these days... :D 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I ask this all the time but never quite seem to get an answer, but are the original Gears games (1 - 3) updated at all for the Series X? 

 

 

 

1 got an Ultimate Edition re-release on the Xbox One which now in itself looks pretty dated (1080p/30fps) but they've all-but-confirmed that it's going to get a FPS boost at least on the Series X. Not quite yet though.

 

2 and 3 got enhanced resolution support for One X and run as such on the Series X, they look remarkably good for their age.

 

4 just got added to the FPS boost programme a couple of weeks ago and now runs at 60fps on the Series X.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, JPL said:

Well, I’ve just booted up Gears 5 and this is what I’m presented with. What is going on? How do I access Hivebusters?

 

Edit: Ignore me. For some reason it put me deep into the multiplayer menus. Something which I’ve never even played!

 

Yeah, it can be a bit odd that way - I think part of it is the way it's a modular download - depends which pieces you have installed and ready to go? I found the front-end to not be particualrly friendly at all, but once you're in game it's straight-forward enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

The one they've got now is a model of simplicity and functionality compared to what's gone before.

But the tab order is still terrible, unfortunately. I wish they'd somehow fix that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TehStu said:

But the tab order is still terrible, unfortunately. I wish they'd somehow fix that.

What do you mean by the tab order? I'm pretty sure you can rearrange the order of the guide menu, if that's what you're referring to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.