Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

On 26/05/2021 at 08:13, Dudley said:

Better than any other machine but still barely.

Bioshock, borderlands etc are the obvious ones but what's on your Animal Crossing cart is at this point about 10% of the game.

Also if the Switch counts as a current gen system, the Evercade does. They are both systems being sold now, getting new dedicated releases and are underpowered by a factor of generations of the big boy consoles.

What on earth is an Evercade?

I'm expecting an awful lot of that 45 minutes to be dedicated to

Gamepass = showing trailers of games we already know about

Backwards compatibility upgrades

EA Sports on gamepass and backwards compatibility

I'm also expecting a major surprise in there, which will have leaked along with all of the other content so the whole event feels like a letdown.

Just like every year though, I can't wait :)

5 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

BC programme restarted: Tenchu Z, Tenchu Return from Darkness, Chronicles of Riddick, and Outrun 2 first games out

New Jet Set Radiooooo revealed, Series only ((ie Boneless)

Avowed gameplay looking amazing

Elden Ring gameplay looking even more amazing

Alpha Protocol sequel revealed and New Vegas 2 teaser

OTOGI 3, BITCHES!

I hope not to see this, because if I do then it will assuredly mean I've died and gone to heaven.

(frankly, I'm just hoping they show something, anything new from Obsidian. Aside from a Grounded expansion)

54 minutes ago, Stanley said:

To be fair MS first party games have all but dried up, I don’t think expecting any release from them is asking too much at this stage - it’s been years since anything major came out on Xbox, sure they’ve had stuff like Gears Tactics and Ori, but even that was a year ago or more. Halo, Gears, Forza or any major AAA release were literally all years ago. 

Gears Tactics was either at SX launch or shortly after wasn't it - not years (or do you mean the PC release?)

You are right though - I think it's clear they need to make a statement and show that they have some solid plans in place for the next 6-12-18 months. Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Gears Tactics was either at SX launch or shortly after wasn't it - not years (or do you mean the PC release?)

You are right though - I think it's clear they need to make a statement and show that they have some solid plans in place for the next 6-12-18 months. Fingers crossed!

Sorry I was referring to Ori but can see how my reply could be read as both that and Gears Tactics which, I think, was a launch title for Series X|S.

15 minutes ago, Wiper said:

I hope not to see this, because if I do then it will assuredly mean I've died and gone to heaven.

(frankly, I'm just hoping they show something, anything new from Obsidian. Aside from a Grounded expansion)

Hoping for Avowed footage and a New Vegas 2 reveal are probably the only two realistic things on my wishlist. Obsidian have indicated many times in yhe past that they want to do it.

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

I wonder if they'll show any actual gameplay of Halo. 

If I were them, I'd be putting out an intensely choreographed video that has been examined forensically for anything that doesn't look absolutely perfect. 

They're screwed anyway, in terms of what the internet will do, because people will be desperate to find the worst looking frame of video.  

I reckon they'll lean into that shit.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I reckon they'll lean into that shit.

I think maybe I don't understand what you mean, but I'm saying they need Halo to look really good, in a way that people won't be able to say it looks bad. Are you saying they'll make it look bad on purpose?

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

I think maybe I don't understand what you mean, but I'm saying they need Halo to look really good, in a way that people won't be able to say it looks bad. Are you saying they'll make it look bad on purpose?

The Craig thing. The memes and all that. They're self aware enough to use all that nonsense as PR and whatnot.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

To be fair MS first party games have all but dried up, I don’t think expecting any release from them is asking too much at this stage - it’s been years since anything major came out on Xbox, sure they’ve had stuff like Gears Tactics and Ori, but even that was a year ago or more. Halo, Gears, Forza or any major AAA release were literally all years ago. 

We're getting closer to the end of that 2 year window of no Series exclusives (I can't recall if that was official or just mentioned), and you're right, there's an awful lot of 1st party studios without major announcements.

It's surely happening now. We tend not to get Apple-esque "oh here's a new game... oh yeah and you can buy it now" type announcements, so to get the 1st party stuff out for the end of that gen transition, you're going to want teasers now, right?

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

I am actually pretty excited to see how they’ll handle that.

I hope they've got him doing an intro to the new Infinite footage.

What if they start playing out a video that looks exactly the same (maybe even *is* that same video), then stop and have Craig say to camera "oh yeah, we forgot to switch to SX mode" - then boom, it switches to something glorious. Then Craig does a drop mic, winks, and says - "see you on Nov 1, 2021".

I'm hoping they just focus on stuff thats going to be out in the next 18 months. 10-15 minutes of Halo Infinite looking spiffy to open the show and then spend the rest of the show highlighting stuff like Psychoanuts 2, THE GUNK, Flight Sim etc. before finishing up by showing gameplay from Starfield. 

They've done enough announcements like Fable or Perfect Dark where its just a CG trailer, I don't want anymore of that. 

9 minutes ago, bear said:

I'm hoping they just focus on stuff thats going to be out in the next 18 months. 10-15 minutes of Halo Infinite looking spiffy to open the show and then spend the rest of the show highlighting stuff like Psychoanuts 2, THE GUNK, Flight Sim etc. before finishing up by showing gameplay from Starfield. 

They've done enough announcements like Fable or Perfect Dark where its just a CG trailer, I don't want anymore of that. 

Hopefully those games are out in the next 6 months rather 18 months though. 

I'd be fairly confident that the stuff I named, excluding Starfield, would be out this year. 

Well Psychoanuts 2 might not be, never heard of that before. :facepalm:

So my Series X just turned itself off with no warning. After turning it back on, there was a message to say it had auto turned off due to insufficient ventilation.

It was only on 30 mins and sits on a shelf of an open tv stand (it’s not an enclosed cabinet for example) with nothing else near it. It’s also happened a second time just then. Worrying!

Has anyone else had this happen to them with their Series X? I don’t know what to do as it’s well ventilated anyway. Have unplugged everything but still happened a second time.

Psychonauts 2 will be out this year. I’m expecting it next month, and if not then by the end of the summer.

flight sim will also be out this year, and will break that running on xbox one promise unless they’ve a load of cloud servers stood up. And not surprisingly since it’ll take a PC to its knees.

7 minutes ago, footle said:

Psychonauts 2 will be out this year. I’m expecting it next month, and if not then by the end of the summer.

flight sim will also be out this year, and will break that running on xbox one promise unless they’ve a load of cloud servers stood up. And not surprisingly since it’ll take a PC to its knees.

Doesn't mention XB1 here

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-coming-to-xbox-series-xs-summer-2021/

25 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

So my Series X just turned itself off with no warning. After turning it back on, there was a message to say it had auto turned off due to insufficient ventilation.

It was only on 30 mins and sits on a shelf of an open tv stand (it’s not an enclosed cabinet for example) with nothing else near it. It’s also happened a second time just then. Worrying!

Has anyone else had this happen to them with their Series X? I don’t know what to do as it’s well ventilated anyway. Have unplugged everything but still happened a second time.

Is the fan spinning?

9 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Is the fan spinning?

I can hear a slight wirring noise whilst it’s off. Not sure tbh. I think the only other thing I can do is a factory reset having checked xbox support in case of system corruption. (good ventilation already, done power cycle reset). I’ll see how that goes. Otherwise it’s going off to Xbox Hospital which is great timing given I am off work next week, urgh.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S