Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 26/05/2021 at 08:13, Dudley said:

 

Better than any other machine but still barely.

 

Bioshock, borderlands etc are the obvious ones but what's on your Animal Crossing cart is at this point about 10% of the game.

 

Also if the Switch counts as a current gen system, the Evercade does. They are both systems being sold now, getting new dedicated releases and are underpowered by a factor of generations of the big boy consoles.

What on earth is an Evercade?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm expecting an awful lot of that 45 minutes to be dedicated to

Gamepass = showing trailers of games we already know about

Backwards compatibility upgrades

EA Sports on gamepass and backwards compatibility

 

I'm also expecting a major surprise in there, which will have leaked along with all of the other content so the whole event feels like a letdown.

 

Just like every year though, I can't wait :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

BC programme restarted: Tenchu Z, Tenchu Return from Darkness, Chronicles of Riddick, and Outrun 2 first games out

 

New Jet Set Radiooooo revealed, Series only ((ie Boneless)

 

Avowed gameplay looking amazing

 

Elden Ring gameplay looking even more amazing

 

Alpha Protocol sequel revealed and New Vegas 2 teaser

 

OTOGI 3, BITCHES!

 

 

 

I hope not to see this, because if I do then it will assuredly mean I've died and gone to heaven.

 

(frankly, I'm just hoping they show something, anything new from Obsidian. Aside from a Grounded expansion)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Stanley said:

To be fair MS first party games have all but dried up, I don’t think expecting any release from them is asking too much at this stage - it’s been years since anything major came out on Xbox, sure they’ve had stuff like Gears Tactics and Ori, but even that was a year ago or more. Halo, Gears, Forza or any major AAA release were literally all years ago. 

 

Gears Tactics was either at SX launch or shortly after wasn't it - not years (or do you mean the PC release?)

 

You are right though - I think it's clear they need to make a statement and show that they have some solid plans in place for the next 6-12-18 months. Fingers crossed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rgraves said:

 

Gears Tactics was either at SX launch or shortly after wasn't it - not years (or do you mean the PC release?)

 

You are right though - I think it's clear they need to make a statement and show that they have some solid plans in place for the next 6-12-18 months. Fingers crossed!

Sorry I was referring to Ori but can see how my reply could be read as both that and Gears Tactics which, I think, was a launch title for Series X|S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Wiper said:

 

I hope not to see this, because if I do then it will assuredly mean I've died and gone to heaven.

 

(frankly, I'm just hoping they show something, anything new from Obsidian. Aside from a Grounded expansion)

Hoping for Avowed footage and a New Vegas 2 reveal are probably the only two realistic things on my wishlist. Obsidian have indicated many times in yhe past that they want to do it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

I wonder if they'll show any actual gameplay of Halo. 

 

If I were them, I'd be putting out an intensely choreographed video that has been examined forensically for anything that doesn't look absolutely perfect. 

 

They're screwed anyway, in terms of what the internet will do, because people will be desperate to find the worst looking frame of video.  

 

 

I reckon they'll lean into that shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

 

I reckon they'll lean into that shit.

 

I think maybe I don't understand what you mean, but I'm saying they need Halo to look really good, in a way that people won't be able to say it looks bad. Are you saying they'll make it look bad on purpose?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

 

I think maybe I don't understand what you mean, but I'm saying they need Halo to look really good, in a way that people won't be able to say it looks bad. Are you saying they'll make it look bad on purpose?

The Craig thing. The memes and all that. They're self aware enough to use all that nonsense as PR and whatnot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

To be fair MS first party games have all but dried up, I don’t think expecting any release from them is asking too much at this stage - it’s been years since anything major came out on Xbox, sure they’ve had stuff like Gears Tactics and Ori, but even that was a year ago or more. Halo, Gears, Forza or any major AAA release were literally all years ago. 

 

We're getting closer to the end of that 2 year window of no Series exclusives (I can't recall if that was official or just mentioned), and you're right, there's an awful lot of 1st party studios without major announcements.

 

It's surely happening now. We tend not to get Apple-esque "oh here's a new game... oh yeah and you can buy it now" type announcements, so to get the 1st party stuff out for the end of that gen transition, you're going to want teasers now, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

I am actually pretty excited to see how they’ll handle that.

I hope they've got him doing an intro to the new Infinite footage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What if they start playing out a video that looks exactly the same (maybe even *is* that same video), then stop and have Craig say to camera "oh yeah, we forgot to switch to SX mode" - then boom, it switches to something glorious. Then Craig does a drop mic, winks, and says - "see you on Nov 1, 2021".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping they just focus on stuff thats going to be out in the next 18 months. 10-15 minutes of Halo Infinite looking spiffy to open the show and then spend the rest of the show highlighting stuff like Psychoanuts 2, THE GUNK, Flight Sim etc. before finishing up by showing gameplay from Starfield. 

 

They've done enough announcements like Fable or Perfect Dark where its just a CG trailer, I don't want anymore of that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bear said:

I'm hoping they just focus on stuff thats going to be out in the next 18 months. 10-15 minutes of Halo Infinite looking spiffy to open the show and then spend the rest of the show highlighting stuff like Psychoanuts 2, THE GUNK, Flight Sim etc. before finishing up by showing gameplay from Starfield. 

 

They've done enough announcements like Fable or Perfect Dark where its just a CG trailer, I don't want anymore of that. 

Hopefully those games are out in the next 6 months rather 18 months though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be fairly confident that the stuff I named, excluding Starfield, would be out this year. 

 

Well Psychoanuts 2 might not be, never heard of that before. :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So my Series X just turned itself off with no warning. After turning it back on, there was a message to say it had auto turned off due to insufficient ventilation.

 

It was only on 30 mins and sits on a shelf of an open tv stand (it’s not an enclosed cabinet for example) with nothing else near it. It’s also happened a second time just then. Worrying!

 

Has anyone else had this happen to them with their Series X? I don’t know what to do as it’s well ventilated anyway. Have unplugged everything but still happened a second time.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Psychonauts 2 will be out this year. I’m expecting it next month, and if not then by the end of the summer.

flight sim will also be out this year, and will break that running on xbox one promise unless they’ve a load of cloud servers stood up. And not surprisingly since it’ll take a PC to its knees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, footle said:

Psychonauts 2 will be out this year. I’m expecting it next month, and if not then by the end of the summer.

flight sim will also be out this year, and will break that running on xbox one promise unless they’ve a load of cloud servers stood up. And not surprisingly since it’ll take a PC to its knees.

Doesn't mention XB1 here

 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-coming-to-xbox-series-xs-summer-2021/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

So my Series X just turned itself off with no warning. After turning it back on, there was a message to say it had auto turned off due to insufficient ventilation.

 

It was only on 30 mins and sits on a shelf of an open tv stand (it’s not an enclosed cabinet for example) with nothing else near it. It’s also happened a second time just then. Worrying!

 

Has anyone else had this happen to them with their Series X? I don’t know what to do as it’s well ventilated anyway. Have unplugged everything but still happened a second time.

 

 


Is the fan spinning?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, rafaqat said:


Is the fan spinning?

I can hear a slight wirring noise whilst it’s off. Not sure tbh. I think the only other thing I can do is a factory reset having checked xbox support in case of system corruption. (good ventilation already, done power cycle reset). I’ll see how that goes. Otherwise it’s going off to Xbox Hospital which is great timing given I am off work next week, urgh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.