IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

The list of games in your quick resume 'pool' is a bit of a quick and dirty fix - rather than developing a proper UI feature they've just bolted it into the underused 'groups' feature, but it works fine. And as a bonus you can pin the quick resume list to your home screen.

Also they appear in the home side menu. Not sure why you’d need another ui “feature”

When I checked my Quick Resume list (after updating) I had around 7 games in it, some of which I haven't played in a little while. There are still a large proportion of games that don't use the feature, both old and new.

Also Resi 2 Quick Resumed but didn't then tell me that the online connection had failed like it usually does. Instead it did a quick synch and carried on fine. Perhaps they fixed that element of QR? I know it affected Ubi games (because of the requirement to connect to their servers) and therefore caused Save corruptions etc, will need to test it out on Immortals.

Just stumbled upon a local ad which has the Series X for sale. It's been used for a couple of months but he wants normal full price for it. I'm really on the fence here, should I wait to see if I can get a brand new one from the shops in about two weeks or should I just go for it?

1 minute ago, Rayn said:

Just stumbled upon a local ad which has the Series X for sale. It's been used for a couple of months but he wants normal full price for it. I'm really on the fence here, should I wait to see if I can get a brand new one from the shops in about two weeks or should I just go for it?

Wait for a brand new one. It's not hard to get one with patience.

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Wait for a brand new one. It's not hard to get one with patience.

That's really what I want to do. On the other hand I really want one asap. I'm gonna try and be strong here. 

1 minute ago, Rayn said:

That's really what I want to do. On the other hand I really want one asap. I'm gonna try and be strong here. 

Set up stock alerts and keep trying, it might not take 2 weeks, or make a lower offer on the second hand one. 

29 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Do it. Best console ever. 

25 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Nah, bugger that. If you really want one and want to play the games then just jump in.

Well, they haven't cancelled my order yet, so I need to make room for this big block of fun. I have the capacity on my TV unit to have it stood on it's end as nature intended. Could one of you tell me, will I likely have enough airflow?

For reference the console will be on it's end, front facing, I may actually take the back off the unit, as it's only board, so a clear front, a clear back, around 9 or 10 cm of clearance on the top and about 2 cm either side of the thing.

Will that be ok, or do I need to put it in a freezer outside? 

40 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Hell of an aspect ratio on your TV!

Ultra-ultra-ultrawide, my favourite!

And this whole next-gen console thing is easy: you just reject the idea of putting them on a TV stand at all (and keep them separated so that they don't fight)

20210512_121437_copy_2016x1512.thumb.jpg.d37cae5723349ca9ff32e91d8a472cb6.jpg