Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

11 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I finally got one! Is there a list of mukker gamer tags anywhere to add as friends? If not, anyone wanna be friends :lol:

Add me if you like? I don't do much competitive gaming these days but would be on for any type of co-op. 

Gsmertag: dungavin

5 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Add me if you like? I don't do much competitive gaming these days but would be on for any type of co-op. 

Perfect - I’m pretty much the same. What’s decent co-op?

12 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Mmmm depends what type of games you like, but, recently I've been enjoying the DARK SOULS Trilogy, Code Vein, Unravel 2,A Way Out, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Kane & Lynch 2 but I'd give anything a try to be honest. :)

Unravel 2 is a lovely little game that really comes alive in co-op, I mean I couldn’t imagine playing it solo tbh.

Minecraft Dungeons though, I keep mentioning it, but it’s brilliant. 

Just now, rgraves said:

Yeah played some Unravel 2 on switch, so might pick that back up again. And LOVE dark souls. Code Vein is a new one on me. Is that on game pass?

Yep, I take it you have Game Pass? There is so much on it, honestly it’s insane really. 

3 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Yes - have GP - it’s insane!

What’s Grounded like, that looks interesting. And State of Decay 2?

I haven’t tried either of those yet, I think Grounded is early Access so still in development, give it a try.

I’ve played more games in the last month than I did all of last year. 

On 01/04/2021 at 09:46, Kevvy Metal said:

Do you both have VRR on at all?

I also had this issue, then turned off VRR and that fixed it. 

I do, but following your post I tried toggling VRR off the last time the stutter kicked in and it didn't make any difference. I suppose it's possible that having it turned off before the game's booted stops the issue from rearing its head, but as it's a system-wide setting that's not something I'm willing to do. Also, the stutter shows up in recorded footage.

Luckily restarting the game doesn't take that long so it's not a massive inconvenience, just seemed like a very strange bug so I wondered if it was related to FPS Boost. As is I'll chalk it up to an engine issue, which isn't that surprising for a game in its tenth year.

I never though I was going to like my series S so much. First XBOX since an early 360. 

I am so shocked at the experience that I am getting rid of the gaming pc.

I am saving my last years 5700XT and putting it in a external enclosure so I can always boost my laptop for some steam gaming.

12 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Where should I be looking for my free gift? 

Will they just send an email or what? 

Just got a message pop up, from "Xbox" and in it is a redeemable code and some waffle.

14 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Where should I be looking for my free gift? 

Will they just send an email or what? 

Xbox app under friends/social (the people icon) in ‘chats’ 

Netflix looks absolute arse on my Series X, same happened on One X. Washed out and grey, despite games and other apps being fine. Also fine on Netflix PS5 and the telly app.

I mean, I have alternatives, but what causes it?

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Game mode perhaps? Apple TV looks really good though and I’m not changing any settings, so perhaps it’s the app. 

I saw some other people having similar issues with apps on a Reddit somewhere. Seems to be to do with the way particular tellies are handling whatever HDR Xbox is using.

Something like that anyway.

Netflix on xbox is always in dolby vision if your TV supports it. Regardless of the content. Maybe that's a problem for some tvs? 

I use a shield TV for Netflix etc, just better than any of the consoles. 

I was lucky enough to snag a Series X from Amazon when they had them in stock. I was going to save it for my birthday but at the end of last week I had a day where the wee one was in nursery and my wife was out for the day...

So the Xbox One got unplugged and boxed up and the Series X takes it's place.

355267552031201.jpg?type=webp&to=min&r=1