Xbox Series X | S

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

Right, configured via the app which was painless. Downloaded the updates, including the controller. Now downloading some games.

Quick noob question. At what point in the setup process am I supposed to piss in it?

Just after your ninth can of Tenant’s, HTH. 

1 hour ago, Chooch said:

If I set up a child account now will it have access to everything I’ve spent in Minecraft over this last year?

My daughter is branching out in what she plays so it’s probably a good idea to get her off my account now. 

No, minecraft is unique and purchases are tied to the account. So any purchases she makes will be playable on iOS / switch / windows etc (tho you’ll have to repurchase the game!) 

She will be able to play all your Xbox games on the Xbox and have her own saves etc / go online and join parties etc as long as your account is in the background.  Tie her account to her controller to auto sign in etc.

6 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Does anyone ever take advantage of those "free play days"?

I understand the purpose is to get you to try the game, get hooked and subsequently purchase when they get taken down a few days later. I usually ignore them for this reason.

No, because they're usually about 48 hours and you don't discover them until 12 hours in, then it'll take another 12 to download.

So you're down to a day, which means the time in the evening you have to play it, which is usually just about sufficient to get through the tutorial.

On 24/03/2021 at 23:24, metallicfrodo said:

I don’t think that is quite correct. If @fattakin’s account is set to auto login (or is manually login in) then the kids can play online with their accounts by just switching to their profile but not logging off fattakin’s. What can’t happen is for fattakin’s account to be actively logged in to the Series X at the same time.

@Mr. Gerbik @metallicfrodo So yes indeed it does work.

disable auto sign in for my account on the Series X
enable auto sign in for my account on the one S 
controller link both the kids controllers to their profile on each console 

they can both play any purchased games online then, as long as fattakin stays signed in on the one S.  It even let them play star wars battlefront 2, on the X via gameshare my mate bought originally and on the S via gamepass.  Generally im not playing anything at the time so this will work great, its the afterschool slot.

Should be even better once the Free To Play stuff goes live in a few months.  I can see that being a hit. 

20 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Quick question as my mate has just picked up a series s.... Do you get a trial of game pass ultimate in the box?

I didn't get one with my series X

7 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

I didn't get one with my series X

Thanks, didn’t think I got one with my Series X but box has long been stored! It’s his first Xbox ever so trying to get him going before the gamepass convert deal trickery.

49 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Quick question as my mate has just picked up a series s.... Do you get a trial of game pass ultimate in the box?

If you don't have a subscription tied to your account, Microsoft will offer you one during setup. They don't include codes in the box anymore, it's all done digitally on setup.

Has anybody with a Series X and an LG CX had an issue with Instant Game response and HDR not working after the latest firmware option? Mine just refuses to play ball even if I turn off and then back on the option in the CX's menu. It worked fine before.

43 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Has anybody with a Series X and an LG CX had an issue with Instant Game response and HDR not working after the latest firmware option? Mine just refuses to play ball even if I turn off and then back on the option in the CX's menu. It worked fine before.

I believe mine was working fine this morning and was getting the usual instant game response and HDR pop up as normal. 

14 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Just tried mine now and both flashed up ok.

On 26/03/2021 at 16:27, sofasurfer said:

I had some issues with my B9 and colour problems on quick resume alright. 

20 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Being able to switch on my Series S and be back in Star Wars Jedi in all of about 5 seconds is bloody impressive!

My biggest gripe is still the ridiculously clicky d-pad.

I love it! It feels like it has proper micro switches under it rather than squishy rubber shapes. 

14 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

I have never used the D-Pad on an Xbox. I'm curious as to what ( non retro i guess ) game to use it on?

If you have Gamepass, I'd very much recommend Celeste. 

13 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

I have never used the D-Pad on an Xbox. I'm curious as to what ( non retro i guess ) game to use it on?

Outside of retro platformers and the like I don’t think I’d bother, for actually moving around, obviously it’s used for loads of stuff in most games.